'Russian Collusion' In U.S. History": One Example

Picaro

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2010
Texas
I haven't done any homework on the cites in this story yet, and aware of a few of the facts but not all of them, but it sounds interesting enough in view of the fake news being peddled by the mentally ill deviant 'community'. I guess now they will want to 'repeal' the Civil War .... take a sledge hammer to the Lincoln Memorial maybe?

Russian intervention in U.S. Civil War (1861-1865)[1]

But beyond the euphoria of the moment, Russian intervention of 1863 had long-lasting impact, further reinforcing the friendship between the two nations. Historian E.D. Adams spoke of the β€œspecial relationship,” and even β€œextreme friendship” between the U.S. and Russia, noting that in the North, Russia was widely regarded as a β€œtrue friend” in contrast to the resentment felt toward London and Paris and their β€œunfriendly neutrality.” Another historian, Thomas Bailey wrote that the β€œcurious and incongruous friendship,” between the U.S. and Russia had become β€œan indestructible part of our folklore.”

It is utterly fascinating to consider how and why Russian-American alliance became airbrushed from history while the Civil War itself became reduced to a fight to the death over freedom of the slaves (as at the very same time native Americans were being wiped out in their millions). As it happens, thanks to the Reece Committee special investigation (1953), we now have a fairly good understanding of precisely how and why this happened.

I'm aware of Tarpley's book, but never read it or any reviews of it.

For even earlier 'collusions', one can find such dastardly deeds in the Northwestern fur trade, competing with the British and the French and of course Alaska.

I haven't done any homework on the cites in this story yet, and aware of a few of the facts but not all of them, but it sounds interesting enough in view of the fake news being peddled by the mentally ill deviant 'community'. I guess now they will want to 'repeal' the Civil War .... take a sledge hammer to the Lincoln Memorial maybe?

But beyond the euphoria of the moment, Russian intervention of 1863 had long-lasting impact, further reinforcing the friendship between the two nations. Historian E.D. Adams spoke of the β€œspecial relationship,” and even β€œextreme friendship” between the U.S. and Russia, noting that in the North, Russia was widely regarded as a β€œtrue friend” in contrast to the resentment felt toward London and Paris and their β€œunfriendly neutrality.” Another historian, Thomas Bailey wrote that the β€œcurious and incongruous friendship,” between the U.S. and Russia had become β€œan indestructible part of our folklore.”

It is utterly fascinating to consider how and why Russian-American alliance became airbrushed from history while the Civil War itself became reduced to a fight to the death over freedom of the slaves (as at the very same time native Americans were being wiped out in their millions). As it happens, thanks to the Reece Committee special investigation (1953), we now have a fairly good understanding of precisely how and why this happened.

BilarioHi how many of you trumpkins are posting threads like this. Was this in today's talking points for conservitards?

BilarioHi how many of you trumpkins are posting threads like this. Was this in today's talking points for conservitards?
No we just love showing you dimwits what's really going on, and what actually happened.

I heard the Brits were actually allied with the South, not "neutral." Maybe that was clandestine.

I'm not sure what your point was, exactly, with this OP. How does that alliance have anything to do with now?

To equate the relationship and circumstances of the Romanov dynasty of Imperial Russia over 150 years ago to those of the dictatorial authoritarian oligarchy of today is fucking ABSURD!

To equate the relationship and circumstances of the Romanov dynasty of Imperial Russia over 150 years ago to those of the dictatorial authoritarian oligarchy of today is fucking ABSURD!

Yes, it does indeed highlight how absurd and hypocritical you assorted sexual deviants and fake news peddlers are with your fake 'collusion' outrage. Thanks fo noticing, even if you're also too stupid to see the irony; the latter is too much to expect from tards and morons shilling for Democrats here.

I heard the Brits were actually allied with the South, not "neutral." Maybe that was clandestine.

I'm not sure what your point was, exactly, with this OP. How does that alliance have anything to do with now?

Yes, we know you left wing frauds aren't sure of anything, too dope-addled and cognitively dissonant for that, and nobody expects any show of character from your ilk. That's not the point of posting; few people here care what your 'Resistance' thinks about anything.

Ah, Hillarytard can't resist compulsive urges to post rubbish, as usual.

Yes, we know you left wing frauds aren't sure of anything, too dope-addled and cognitively dissonant for that, and nobody expects any show of character from your ilk. That's not the point of posting; few people here care what your 'Resistance' thinks about anything.
You can't answer my question, huh? Did you pull this OP straight off some cracked website or what?

You want something more contemporary, try FDR giving Stalin half of Europe after WWII.

You can't answer my question, huh? Did you pull this OP straight off some cracked website or what?

What question? All I can find is you babbling some rhetorical gibberish. As for 'sources', that's what links are for.

You want something more contemporary, try FDR giving Stalin half of Europe after WWII.

It's hilarious how these trolls think a fake 'collusion' story that never happened is relevant while real ones that are documented aren't.

Yes, or Nixon's attempt at sabotaging the Peace talks, or Bush and Reagan begging the Iranian terrorists not to release the hostages in exchange for weapons if Reagan won, or all the Mussolini and Hitler fans in the 1930's lobbying hard for Der Fuhrer.

No we just love showing you dimwits what's really going on, and what actually happened.
Really? When are you planning on starting? I wanna watch.

Forum List

Back