Russia propose raising retirement age above life expectancy

Baron

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
What's about imprisonment of all oligarchs, thieves and corrupted officials in Russia?What's about taking the stolen money back from numerous off-shores?Where is the money of three generations of Russian folk?
Stolen by Gusski Oligarchs, Friends of Putin?Putin began to play a dangerous game now. Stealing money from old people can be named genocide and bear huge troubles for Kremlin.

Why have a pension if you would not live long enough to receive it?
This is the question Russian people are asking after the Moscow government increased the male retirement age to two years above the average life expectancy.

'43% of Russian men won't live to retirement'

At least Russia has a retirement age. In the US, 18 year olds today may never get to retire.
The US does not have a retirement age either. If you have the money, you can retire at anytime you wish.

We have an age in which you get to start taking funds from the government programs you paid into. Funds that would have been better invested elsewhere. Which is why it is the lefts idea that we should lift the age of collection so that we too, can die before getting our money back.

What's about imprisonment of all oligarchs, thieves and corrupted officials in Russia?What's about taking the stolen money back from numerous off-shores?Where is the money of three generations of Russian folk?
Stolen by Gusski Oligarchs, Friends of Putin?Putin began to play a dangerous game now. Stealing money from old people can be named genocide and bear huge troubles for Kremlin.

Why have a pension if you would not live long enough to receive it?
This is the question Russian people are asking after the Moscow government increased the male retirement age to two years above the average life expectancy.

'43% of Russian men won't live to retirement'

Send them vodka coupons. It'll take care of itself.

In Russia, men now retire at 60 years of age. Women in 55 years.

The average life expectancy of men is 66 years and for women 77 years.

The pension in Russia automatically extends to all residents. As a result, 72 million working people account for 43 million pensioners. Or 1.6 people work for one pensioner.

As far as I know (correct me, if it is not), in the US men live 76 years, women 81 years, retire at 67, the pension is not automatic for the entire population of the country, and the number of pensioners is 45 million by 146 million work places. That is, 3.2 people work for one pensioner - twice as much as in Russia.

Life expectancy in Russia is constantly growing. Accordingly, every year there are more pensioners. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the number of pensioners in the country has doubled. And we need to either reduce the amount of pensions, or increase taxes, or raise the retirement age to Western standards. The state chose the latter.

The pension in Russia automatically extends to all residents. As a result, 72 million working people account for 43 million pensioners. Or 1.6 people work for one pensioner.

As far as I know (correct me, if it is not), in the US men live 76 years, women 81 years, retire at 67, the pension is not automatic for the entire population of the country, and the number of pensioners is 45 million by 146 million work places. That is, 3.2 people work for one pensioner - twice as much as in Russia.

Life expectancy in Russia is constantly growing. Accordingly, every year there are more pensioners. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the number of pensioners in the country has doubled. And we need to either reduce the amount of pensions, or increase taxes, or raise the retirement age to Western standards. The state chose the latter.
The sad thing about all of it is, is that billions are wasted or given to other countries, stolen by our political class, stolen by our greedy rich, and just mis-managed to the point of idiocy. Then we have the stats lovers who try to use those stats based on the above mentioned to then justify taking of more while giving back less and less to our poor working class seniors who worked their whole lives building and keeping the wheels greased for the upper class citizens.

Your state shall choose births of more children and improvement of life quality instead of robbing the last USSR's generation..

Your state shall choose births of more children and improvement of life quality

Such processes are going on. And the living conditions improve year by year, and the stimulation of birth is active. For example, for the birth of the second child, the state paid my family about $ 7,200 at the current rate. If roughly recalculated by purchasing power, it is about $ 18,300 in the US. For Russia this is a lot of money - I was enough for 1/6 of a new three-room apartment in Kaliningrad. And somewhere in the countryside this money to buy the whole house is enough :)

Forum List

Back