Russel Westbrook deserves some credit

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
He signed a 3 year extention to play in OKC. Its refreshing to see in this day snd age a player that has some loyalty to the team and fans that have given him so much. Durant took the easy way out, westbrook showed that hes of a higher character.

He couldn't double his contract. No one could pay Westbrook what OKC did, it is in their bargaining agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He couldn't double his contract. No one could pay Westbrook what OKC did, it is in their bargaining agreement.

Not exactly. The thunder couldnt offer offer him more money, they could only offer him an extra year on his contract. Opposing teams could only offer him a 4 year contract, whereas the thunder could offer him a five year contract...but all that is irelevant because he signed a three year deal.

Well both Durant and Westbrook made decisions that were in their best interests. Durant doesn't owe the Thunder anything. He doesn't owe loyalty, if he had an injury and couldn't play him, they'd cut him.

Well both Durant and Westbrook made decisions that were in their best interests. Durant doesn't owe the Thunder anything. He doesn't owe loyalty, if he had an injury and couldn't play him, they'd cut him.

True, but still, I admire players stick with their teams, as opposed to players that look for the easiest route to win a championship.

One could argue that with Durant and the new players, Durant could have won it all at OKC.

I think players need to go where they want for their own reasons. I don't care for OKC or Golden St.

Last year we lost LA to San Antonio, I was disappointed but I don't blame him.

One could argue that with Durant and the new players, Durant could have won it all at OKC.

I think players need to go where they want for their own reasons. I don't care for OKC or Golden St.

Last year we lost LA to San Antonio, I was disappointed but I don't blame him.

You guys would have had one hell of a team had LA stayed. CJ Mccollum realy broke out last year. Maybe LA would have stayed if he knew CJ was going to become the player he turned out to be.

Forum List

Back