RUSH is RIGHT

ozzmdj

Jul 9, 2009
Wolf Creek, Missouri
See, I Told You So: Left Compares Obama on Haiti to Bush on Katrina:clap2::clap2::clap2:

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I predicted it yesterday, ladies and gentlemen, that it wouldn't be long before the Drive-By Media, the State-Controlled Media started praising Obama for doing a much better job responding to Haiti and the earthquake than Bush did in Katrina and right here it is, by Ben Feller at the AP, very deep analysis here, "Obama Heeding Lessons of Katrina -- This is what President Barack Obama wants people to think about the US reaction to the catastrophe in Haiti: 'swift, coordinated and aggressive.' He promised that stellar response in his first comments about the earthquake on Wednesday, then repeated it twice on Thursday. In other words, this will not be Hurricane Katrina." Sorry, folks, it already is. It's worse. The aid hasn't yet been distributed. Seventy-two hours they said, by the way, they're lying.

Seventy-two hours Bush dithered, didn't do anything, it's been 72 hours. If you were watching Sky News, I was watching Sky News streaming video, it is an utter catastrophe. Sky News is discussing Haiti as utter pandemonium. Sky News is showing people screaming at the top of the hour: "We need help! We're getting nothing! We're going to die." People were not even buried under concrete in New Orleans. Seventy-two hours is the benchmark. If they're going to say Bush dithered for 72 hours, Obama certainly has made a lot of speeches, he's made a lot of comments and we've seen pictures of airplanes landing and so forth. We've seen a lot of pictures of the media standing around down there but in terms of the aid being distributed, you can't tell that it's happened yet, not that it won't, but I'm just saying keep this in context here. They're building a case that Bush screwed around and dithered, and Obama is on the case. "In other words," this is AP, "this will not be Hurricane Katrina. Obama is determined to show that the United States, even consumed with its own troubles, can get this right. And that he can, too.
EDITED DUE TO COPYRIGHT RULES.

also, please supply link or the entire thread gets trashed Oz.

care

Sorry....But Katrina does not set the bar too high

Hahaha.....so let me see I'm sober. Rush is criticizing the media for comparing Katrina to Haiti but it's okay for Rush to say obama is doing a worse job with haiti than bush did with NO? These neocon and religious right freaks live in magic mushroomland.

No one is mentioning that Bush had a Hurricane coming north which hampered response time because need resources and personel were located in the direct path of the hurricane. Why complain about our effords. the US and the American people are always the first to respond and where are all the other countries that we helped in the past, why are they not helping. Didn't they ever hear about repaying a favor or helping those who need help and can't help themselves

Forum List

Back