Rummy and Iraq

rtwngAvngr said:
You write off all notion of change for these people? That's pretty sick. You're the most racist person on the board.
Considering William, that's a pretty serious charge...

rtwngAvngr said:
You write off all notion of change for these people? That's pretty sick. You're the most racist person on the board.

For people to change they have to want to change. Your statement assumes there is something wrong with them if they don't want to be like you. THAT IS RACISM RWA - THE HAT FITS YOU WELL.

Wade.

wade said:
For people to change they have to want to change. Your statement assumes there is something wrong with them if they don't want to be like you. THAT IS RACISM RWA - THE HAT FITS YOU WELL.

Wade.

I'm certain many Iraqis want freedom and not to be oppressed by fundamentalist tyrants. They are kept quiet by the bullies with guns. Let's show them something different. Let's bring freedom and a plurality of media, the free exchange of ideas, FOX NEWS! hee hee. You're the one who pronounced them incapable of change. And also for our own security as well, we cannot allow this thuggery to continue, not in a nuclear era.

hell I'll go ahead and say it. There IS something wrong with someone who prefers tyranny over freedom. Does that make me a racist? Oh well. /shrug

Thing is I don't see the Arabs as not wanting freedom. I have yet to hear one Iraqi say they wished they had Saddam Hussein back. They DO want freedom. They just have had the misconception that America is an Imperialist colonial power pushed on them from Al-Jazeera, Europe, and their neighboring Arab dictatorships.

theim said:
hell I'll go ahead and say it. There IS something wrong with someone who prefers tyranny over freedom. Does that make me a racist? Oh well. /shrug

Thing is I don't see the Arabs as not wanting freedom. I have yet to hear one Iraqi say they wished they had Saddam Hussein back. They DO want freedom. They just have had the misconception that America is an Imperialist colonial power pushed on them from Al-Jazeera, Europe, and their neighboring Arab dictatorships.

I agree and have an Iraqi blogger to back us up: http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/

theim said:

Exactly.

It floors me that liberals, of all people, think that democracy for these people is unattainable.

You'd think that 'heartless conservative Republicans' would be shouting that Arabs aren't smart enough to embrace a democracy rather than spending massive amounts in blood and treasure to achieve it.

Instead.... we have shining examples of the typical liberal confidence in what the former Wade posted above. Arabs just aren't smart enough to govern themselves, from what I gather.

Or is there another driving force that overshadows humanitarian reasons in the liberal mindset?

Forum List

Back