Ruminations of a senior citizen on Hilaria Baldwin.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I guess one of the benefits of being older is that you can say things that people will forgive you for because of advanced age. At least that is the way it has always been until now when censorship and cancel culture threaten a time-honored tradition. When you can see something coming you need to get your licks in before it is too late, so I have definite opinions about celebrities like Hilaria Baldwin that pretend to be something they are not. She is the wife of Alec Baldwin, who apparently got famous on Saturday Night Live.

I have no idea who Alec Baldwin is because the last time I watched SNL was when Chevy Chase and John Belushi were on it. But his wife, Hilaria, if that is even her real name, is symptomatic of how sick our society has become. The entertainment industry seems to be the leading edge of a cognitive decline in the country that could be fatal if not addressed quickly. A phony accent is not new. Bill Dana, a famous comedian from the old days, had a very convincing but bogus Bolivian accent but he did not pretend to actually be Bolivian and use stolen cultural valor to ingratiate himself like Hilaria Baldwin is doing. His career would not fly today due to political correctness.

The real danger is the public that swallows these imposters like they are the real thing. Baby Boomers remember Zsa Zsa Gabor who had a real Hungarian accent and even that got boring. Wow, I must be really old because my Word program does not even recognize Zsa Zsa as a proper name. Sorry.

The absolute worst example, even worse than Elizabeth Warren pretending to be a Native American, was Michael Jackson. He bleached his skin white, had a removable nose, and used his wealth to build an amusement park to attract little boys. If I were going to create a Frankenstein-like cartoon to scare children I would use MJ as the pattern. We will never know the real sordid details due to non-disclosure lawsuits.

I do not know if the public is getting dumber or if they are just addicted to voyeurism and freak shows. Hilaria Baldwin and her fake Spanish heritage is mild by comparison to what is really happening in society today. Now you have it from a senior citizen-that is how we think.

Bill Dana - Wikipedia

I guess one of the benefits of being older is that you can say things that people will forgive you for because of advanced age. At least that is the way it has always been until now when censorship and cancel culture threaten a time-honored tradition. When you can see something coming you need to get your licks in before it is too late, so I have definite opinions about celebrities like Hilaria Baldwin that pretend to be something they are not. She is the wife of Alec Baldwin, who apparently got famous on Saturday Night Live.

I have no idea who Alec Baldwin is because the last time I watched SNL was when Chevy Chase and John Belushi were on it. But his wife, Hilaria, if that is even her real name, is symptomatic of how sick our society has become. The entertainment industry seems to be the leading edge of a cognitive decline in the country that could be fatal if not addressed quickly. A phony accent is not new. Bill Dana, a famous comedian from the old days, had a very convincing but bogus Bolivian accent but he did not pretend to actually be Bolivian and use stolen cultural valor to ingratiate himself like Hilaria Baldwin is doing. His career would not fly today due to political correctness.

The real danger is the public that swallows these imposters like they are the real thing. Baby Boomers remember Zsa Zsa Gabor who had a real Hungarian accent and even that got boring. Wow, I must be really old because my Word program does not even recognize Zsa Zsa as a proper name. Sorry.

The absolute worst example, even worse than Elizabeth Warren pretending to be a Native American, was Michael Jackson. He bleached his skin white, had a removable nose, and used his wealth to build an amusement park to attract little boys. If I were going to create a Frankenstein-like cartoon to scare children I would use MJ as the pattern. We will never know the real sordid details due to non-disclosure lawsuits.

I do not know if the public is getting dumber or if they are just addicted to voyeurism and freak shows. Hilaria Baldwin and her fake Spanish heritage is mild by comparison to what is really happening in society today. Now you have it from a senior citizen-that is how we think.

Bill Dana - Wikipedia

Oh yeah, the public is getting dumber, how else, can people like Hank Johnson and Joe Biden, could ever be voted for?

public-toilet-humor.jpg

Last edited:
You're not that old. Alec Baldwin is an accomplished actor (See Glengarry Glen Ross), and from all indications something of an ass-hole.

His wife's ruse has been the epitome of self-aggrandizement, and to suppose that Alec was not a full participant is beyond incredible.

In our society where public figures are "cancelled" for harmlessly uttering a vulgar word or reference, this couple should be banished to show-biz hell forever, but I don't expect that. Baldwin has been enshrined forever for having made a fourth career of mocking the greatest President of the past century on SNL.

A pox on all their houses.

You're not that old. Alec Baldwin is an accomplished actor (See Glengarry Glen Ross), and from all indications something of an ass-hole.

His wife's ruse has been the epitome of self-aggrandizement, and to suppose that Alec was not a full participant is beyond incredible.

In our society where public figures are "cancelled" for harmlessly uttering a vulgar word or reference, this couple should be banished to show-biz hell forever, but I don't expect that. Baldwin has been enshrined forever for having made a fourth career of mocking the greatest President of the past century on SNL.

A pox on all their houses.
When did Alec mock George Bush junior?

Bill Dana - Wikipedia

Nobody Cares.jpg

Bill Dana - Wikipedia

No love for Ava? I always liked her more.

Forum List

Back