RumChata

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I want to make my own.

I would like a recommendation for white rum. I don't like Bacardi and I don't drink white rum. I only drink Captain or Gosling's Black Seal. I don't want to use those because I am mixing it with Fireball.

TYIA.

I wouldnt suggest doing that Rumchatta is made in a specific way to prevent curdling. If you just mixed rum and milk/cream it would curdle. You would end up with rum cottage cheese.

But,If your set on doing it, I suggest a cheaper rum, to avoid paying out the ass for in case you dont like the result.
Bacardi whit rum is your best bet unless you wanna get into the bargain brands.

So you want to make your own rather than just buying it.
Have you tried the premade stuff already?
I'm not a big rum drinker so I cant really help you in that department.
YES! I love that stuff. Equal parts of RumChata and Fireball is a Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot but I make it a drink instead. Because I can.
RumChata is 13.75% ABV.
My thinking at the time was wouldn't it be cool to make it myself? But, the reality is that if I make it myself then the alcohol content would simply kick my ass.

YES! I love that stuff. Equal parts of RumChata and Fireball is a Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot but I make it a drink instead. Because I can.
RumChata is 13.75% ABV.
My thinking at the time was wouldn't it be cool to make it myself? But, the reality is that if I make it myself then the alcohol content would simply kick my ass.

A simple way to avoid having the milk curdle is to make it in two parts.
As in keep the milk separate and add it when you make a drink,we do that with Colorado Bulldogs,unless we're riding around in the SxS.
It stays well blended with all the bouncing.

I was thinking maybe almond milk instead. Normally I use a can of sweetened condensed milk and a can of evaporated milk but I could just make a simple syrup. Sugar water. I might just have to play around with it and see if I can make it dairy free. I used almond milk with white Russians and there really was no difference.

Forum List

Back