Ruger products

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I gotta put a plug in for the Ruger corporation even though I criticized the design of the Ruger Mk. 3 .22 target pistol. The gun jammed after barely a box of ammo. After a couple of months I wrote a letter to the factory In Prescott Az. They immediately called me and sent me an E-mail address for a Fed-ex shipment and within a week I received the repaired firearm. I still hate the design of the pistol but I can't say enough for the courteous and prompt (and free) American corporation response to my problem.

Yup. 'Merkin gun mfrs are like that.

Although, I did have to pay S&W about $80 to repair my circa 1980's .32 spec revolver. I was told it was too old.

Hell, even Craftsman guarantees their shit for life. When I worked at Sears, a 90 year old farmer came in with a hammer that had a claw missing. Showed it to my manager and we could barely make out the name Craftsman. She told him to go pick out a hammer of his choice. He looked like he was happier than a gopher in soft dirt.

I gotta put a plug in for the Ruger corporation even though I criticized the design of the Ruger Mk. 3 .22 target pistol. The gun jammed after barely a box of ammo. After a couple of months I wrote a letter to the factory In Prescott Az. They immediately called me and sent me an E-mail address for a Fed-ex shipment and within a week I received the repaired firearm. I still hate the design of the pistol but I can't say enough for the courteous and prompt (and free) American corporation response to my problem.
I've had dozens of Ruger shotguns, rifles and handguns.

Never had a single failure, or had to send one back.

My Liberty Model 7x57 is still my favourite woods gun, and, has taken deer out to 350 yards.

I recently bought a Ruger .380 and I have nothing but praise for it. Plus, I can carry it in my shirt pocket.

I have a Mk III with the bull barrel and a scope, accurate and runs like a champ.

I consider my GP 100 the best revolver at almost any price.

And we recently bought an American in .30-06 my son used successfully hunting wild boar.

Never had a problem with any of their products; excellent guns.

I have a Mk III with the bull barrel and a scope, accurate and runs like a champ.

I consider my GP 100 the best revolver at almost any price.

And we recently bought an American in .30-06 my son used successfully hunting wild boar.

Never had a problem with any of their products; excellent guns.
Triggers today suck.

My Liberty Model has a perfect trigger.

I like the tang safety too.

I've been carrying my BAR so far this year.

Think I'll shoot the 7x57 tomorrow to check the scope.

Deer are on the ridges, running does, and the 150 round nose hits a dime at 100 yards, which is as far as you will ever see up in the woods.

Just traded my Ruger Standard. Built in 1963 it worked flawlessly for the 10 years I owned it. I received about twice what I paid for it in trade. Not much better things I can say about a firearm.

I'm an old wheelgun man but my wife wanted a .22 auto for plinking. My Ruger redhawk in stainless is about as fine as any revolver I have ever owned. I had a Colt Match Target .22 auto that I used to shoot in competition (I fired a perfect 300 one time) and I put thousands of rounds through it without so much as a single jam. I'm sorry I sold it. The Ruger Mk.3 .22 is a nightmare to take apart so I try to avoid it at any cost.

I'm an old wheelgun man but my wife wanted a .22 auto for plinking. My Ruger redhawk in stainless is about as fine as any revolver I have ever owned. I had a Colt Match Target .22 auto that I used to shoot in competition (I fired a perfect 300 one time) and I put thousands of rounds through it without so much as a single jam. I'm sorry I sold it. The Ruger Mk.3 .22 is a nightmare to take apart so I try to avoid it at any cost.

I have a Ruger Mk III for a while. Disassembly is a nightmare. But it did shoot very well. I'm just not a fan of semi-auto .22s. My Ruger Single Six is as good a .22 revolver as I have ever had.

I traded my Ruger Mk III in for a Browning Buckmark. It shot nice but cleaning was too much a chore. I have their SP101 .357 mag and it's built like a tank.

I traded my Ruger Mk III in for a Browning Buckmark. It shot nice but cleaning was too much a chore. I have their SP101 .357 mag and it's built like a tank.

I have an old Ruger Security Six that I inherited from my dad. Still shoots great.

Timely thread. The Mrs. and I went to the range yesterday and I spent the late afternoon on the back porch cleaning a few Rugers. Love my 45/10. A real tack driver. Great trigger pull right out of the box. I picked up the (New) Bearcat the year they started making them again. It came out of the box with a tight, crisp trigger that I couldn't ask for better. Fun to shoot. We use it loaded with rat shot when we go kayaking. It's a little 6-shot shotgun. The wife has a SP101. It's the second one we've owned. Best wheel gun I've ever owned. Folks don't like how heavy it is but that's what we like about it.

Ruger products have always performed well for me over the years.

Besides the Security Six and Single Six I have already mentioned, I own a Ruger No.1 in .270, a 10/22, and a Super Blackhawk.

I think the No. 1 in .270 is the perfect deer rifle.
The 10/22 is the best semi-auto .22 on the market, by a considerable margin. I have a friend who was embarrassed to admit he hadn't cleaned his 10/22 in several years and had put close to 5,000 rounds thru it. It still functioned flawlessly.
The Super Blackhawk is more accurate than I can take advantage of, in most situations. And it is built like a tank.

The wife has a SP101. It's the second one we've owned. Best wheel gun I've ever owned. Folks don't like how heavy it is but that's what we like about it.
I think it would be a bitch to shoot full house loads if it was light weight. Even then about a dozen rounds and it's enough for me.

I think it would be a bitch to shoot full house loads if it was light weight. Even then about a dozen rounds and it's enough for me.

It is even with the weight. We practice with .38 or .38P+ which is pleasant to shoot. They gum up the cylinder head a bit but it brushes out with a little work. Full loads rattle the fillings in your teeth.

My uncle has a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull...and it has been flawless, even after firing thousands of rounds through it, most of them very-hot hand-loads.

Considering the pistol it replaced (S&W Model 29 in .44 Magnum) has had 200,000+ rounds fired through it since he got it (and he got it used), the Redhawk has some BIG shoes to fill. :)

Forum List

Back