Rugby Star Slapped Down for Pro Christian/Anti Gay Comments

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Eric Arthur Blair, Jun 30, 2019.

1. idb

idb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,518
    He was fired for displaying bigotry...nothing to do with religious expression.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,425
    Oddly enough, the Bibles says homosexuality is a SIN.

Unrepentant sin send you to hell. That is the foundation of Christian belief.

Australia has now elevated gays above scrutiny and made christian faith socially evil by conflating it with hate-speech.

I don't know if I would have said it, but this guy should sue their asses off. Of course, this is Australia. Might as well be in Canada.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,896
    Don't need to.

"Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!" --- Psalm 137:9

"4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.” Behold, I have two daughters who have not known any man. Let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please. Only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof.” --- Genesis 19: 4-8

You got that, right? Do what you want to my daughters but leave these guys alone for they have come under the shelter of my roof. Which leaves us wondering what his daughters came under. Oh wait, I remember. Patriarchy.

What else Lot did with those daughters is something it would be against site rules to post here. But it's just a click away.(Cue Merry Clayton: "it's just a click away... it's just a click away... it's just a click away, click away, click away....)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  4. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,896
    "Sue their asses off" on what basis?

5. toobfreak

toobfreak Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,425
    Religious persecution or discrimination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Slyhunter

Slyhunter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,039
    It is illegal to express Christian beliefs. But not illegal for Islamics to do so?

7. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,896
    :lol:

Where did anyone curtail his religious rights?

You know what a "morals clause" is?

8. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,896
    It would seem a few posters here including the OP missed out on the Duck Dynasty threads when that came up, so here's a refresher course:

>> A morals clause (or morality clause or bad boy clause or bad girl clause) is a provision within instruments of a contract which curtail, or restrain, or proscribe certain behavior of individuals or party(s) to the contract.

A moral clause within contracts used as a means of holding the individual or party(s) to a certain behavioral standard so as not to bring disrepute, contempt or scandal to other individual or party to the contract and their interests. It attempts to preserve a public and private image of such a party to the contract. In essence one party to the contract is purchasing the other party's good name or reputation. These clauses are most seen in contracts between actors and actresses and their studios, athletes and their organization or proprietors of a product that the athlete(s) may endorse or as a part of a marital settlement. Commonly proscribed activity include the use or abuse of alcohol, the use of illegal drugs or narcotics or illegal or illicit sexual activity.[1] << --- Wiki
    Example excerpt from NFL Standard Player Contract:

Par. 2: EMPLOYMENT AND SERVICES. Club employs Player as a skilled football player. Player accepts such employment. He agrees to give his best efforts and loyalty to the Club, and to conduct himself on and off the field with appropriate recognition of the fact that the success of professional football depends largely on public respect for and approval of those associated with the game
    Par. 11: SKILL, PERFORMANCE AND CONDUCT. ...If at any time, in the sole judgment of Club,...if Player has engaged in personal conduct reasonably judged by Club to adversely affect or reflect on Club, then Club may terminate this contract.

Par. 15: INTEGRITY OF GAME.
    Player recognizes the detriment to the League and professional football that would result from impairment of public confidence in the...integrity and good character of NFL players. Player therefore acknowledges his awareness that if he...is guilty of any other form of conduct reasonably judged by the League Commissioner to be detrimental to the League or professional football, the Commissioner will have the right, but only after giving Player the opportunity for a hearing at which he may be represented by counsel of his choice, to fine Player in a reasonable amount; to suspend Player for a period certain or indefinitely; and/or to terminate this contract. -- Current Ethical Issues in Sports Law

Those of you who are baseball fans will recall several players disciplined with suspensions for, for instance, domestic violence arrests. That's the morals clause.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. idb

idb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,518
    No.

10. Eric Arthur Blair

Eric Arthur Blair Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,709
    Speaking of consequences...Folau leaves HQ after rugby war

Not what you were expecting, I'm guessing. Nobody likes bullies, except you apparently.

I wouldn't have said what Folau did. I wouldn't have tried to end his career and livelihood
    because of it either but that's not how you eye for an eye fundamentalist types operate, is it