Rosenstein confused the situation

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
Rosenstein muddied the waters today with his confusing remarks.

"My view is that the Department of Justice is best served when people are confident that we're going to operate -- when we're investigating American citizens, in particular -- we're going to do it with appropriate sensitivity to the rights of uncharged people," Rosenstein said, saying it was "an issue that we'll be discussing nationally."

"When we charge someone, we need to be able to prove it beyond any reasonable doubt," he added. "And the guidance I always gave my prosecutors, and the agents that I worked with during my tenure on the front lines of law enforcement, were if we aren't prepared to prove our case beyond a reasonable doubt in court, then we have no business making allegations against American citizens."

Okay, what does that mean, exactly? The DOJ has a rule. A sitting President cannot be indicted. Is Rosenstein saying because Trump won't be judged in court, all the evidence against him is kept from the public? Is that going to be the DOJ's position. Rosenstein doesn't say.

We are not talking about just any American citizen here. We are talking about the President. Americans could care less about the involvement of Sean Spicer, Sarah Sanders, Kellyanne Conway, or any other member of the White House staff. 87 percent of Americans, including a large majority of both parties, want to see what the Mueller report has to say about Trump. Rosenstein didn't address that issue, either.

The House determines if there are sufficient grounds to impeach the President, not the attorney general. That means the entire report should be turned over to the appropriate committee in the House to determine if such grounds exist. Rosenstein failed to deal with that aspect of the situation.

Conclusion: It would have been a lot better if Rosenstein hadn't said a thing.

He did say this about Attorney General Barr. "I think we can count on him to do the right thing."

Rosenstein should have ended his remarks right there instead of sounding like a defense lawyer for Trump.

Rosenstein sem to be playing boths sides...not to successfully

He wrote the memo (at Trump's insistence) that Trump used to fire Comey. Here he played coy as well. He wrote Comey up for his actions regarding Clinton but did NOT recommend Comey be fired. Trump did and no one seems to have noticed that it wasn't actually at Rosenstein's recommendation

Later Rosenstein stopped Mueller from subpoenaing the Deutsche bank records. He did this because he was made to understand that Trump would have fired Mueller if he executed that subpoena.

And now here he is talking out both sides of his mouth.

Oh well. Rod's no hero. That's for sure

He's a co-conspirator and should be fired.
Let me guess. Not a real republican and muh deep state.
He signed off on FISA warrants (which shouldn't even exist in the first place) either without reading them (his BS story) or on "evidence" he knew to be fraudulent.

He's either improbably incompetent or corruptly complicit...You decide.

He signed off on FISA warrants (which shouldn't even exist in the first place) either without reading them (his BS story) or on "evidence" he knew to be fraudulent.

Trump decided when he hired him. Only the best people.

Irrelevant to the fact that Rosenstein is either an inept stooge or a crook.

Trump has been getting shit advice (likely from Pence) on appointments since day one.....His senior staff is rife with swampers and neocon Bushbots....And that smarmy son-in-law of his should be run out on a rail.

Documentation required (and will not be provided I'm sure)

Irrelevant to the fact that Rosenstein is either an inept stooge or a crook.

Trump has been getting shit advice (likely from Pence) on appointments since day one.....His senior staff is rife with swampers and neocon Bushbots....And that smarmy son-in-law of his should be run out on a rail.
Agreed. Trump is not smart enough to pick a staff and is in way over his head.

Agreed. Trump is not smart enough to pick a staff and is in way over his head.
Getting shit advice is not evidence of any of that.

This is a case of being able to pick 100 random people out of the phone book, who would be more competent and reliable than the cast he has allowed himself to be saddled with.
Apparently he's been getting shit advice his entire life (Roger Stone...Michael Cohen?) You might almost think he doesn't actually TAKE advice and this is what he LIKES

Rosenstein sem to be playing boths sides...not to successfully

He wrote the memo (at Trump's insistence) that Trump used to fire Comey. Here he played coy as well. He wrote Comey up for his actions regarding Clinton but did NOT recommend Comey be fired. Trump did and no one seems to have noticed that it wasn't actually at Rosenstein's recommendation

Later Rosenstein stopped Mueller from subpoenaing the Deutsche bank records. He did this because he was made to understand that Trump would have fired Mueller if he executed that subpoena.

And now here he is talking out both sides of his mouth.

Oh well. Rod's no hero. That's for sure

He has to play both sides.

The FBI is accusing him of wanting to wear a wire to entrap a sitting
President. Now McCabe is a confirmed liar, by the IG, but Jim Baker,
the FBI atty, is on record as saying that Rosenstein was serious.

He signed a FISA warrant, with info given him by the FBI, that was not
and still hasn't been verified. That's goes against everything that is suppose
to take place in a FISA warrant.

He already knows the GOP doesn't trust either the DOJ or FBI. His remarks
are forcing the Dems to "pick a side" and they'll lose the debate no matter,
what side they pick.

Rosenstein muddied the waters today with his confusing remarks.

"My view is that the Department of Justice is best served when people are confident that we're going to operate -- when we're investigating American citizens, in particular -- we're going to do it with appropriate sensitivity to the rights of uncharged people," Rosenstein said, saying it was "an issue that we'll be discussing nationally."

"When we charge someone, we need to be able to prove it beyond any reasonable doubt," he added. "And the guidance I always gave my prosecutors, and the agents that I worked with during my tenure on the front lines of law enforcement, were if we aren't prepared to prove our case beyond a reasonable doubt in court, then we have no business making allegations against American citizens."

Okay, what does that mean, exactly? The DOJ has a rule. A sitting President cannot be indicted. Is Rosenstein saying because Trump won't be judged in court, all the evidence against him is kept from the public? Is that going to be the DOJ's position. Rosenstein doesn't say.

We are not talking about just any American citizen here. We are talking about the President. Americans could care less about the involvement of Sean Spicer, Sarah Sanders, Kellyanne Conway, or any other member of the White House staff. 87 percent of Americans, including a large majority of both parties, want to see what the Mueller report has to say about Trump. Rosenstein didn't address that issue, either.

The House determines if there are sufficient grounds to impeach the President, not the attorney general. That means the entire report should be turned over to the appropriate committee in the House to determine if such grounds exist. Rosenstein failed to deal with that aspect of the situation.

Conclusion: It would have been a lot better if Rosenstein hadn't said a thing.

He did say this about Attorney General Barr. "I think we can count on him to do the right thing."

Rosenstein should have ended his remarks right there instead of sounding like a defense lawyer for Trump.

It'd be a lot better if Mueller was not illegitimately appointed in retaliation for firing the incompetent James Comey.
It'd be a lot better if Russian Propaganda paid for by Obama and Clinton was not used to defraud a FISA Court.
It'd be a lot better if an actual crime could have been made that even justified the appointing of a Special Counsel.
It'd be a lot better if unelected life time bureaucrats didn't think they ran The Government.

Half of Mueller's Investigative Team is under Criminal Investigation for plotting an Administrative COUP.
Mueller had to know he had issues with the people he hand picked. So Mueller is by default part of this Administrative COUP.
He also had massive conflicts of interests, and should have declined the appointment, or should have not been appointed in the first place.

Forum List

Back