Roosevelt: The Poorest of Students.

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Back....in the face of popular demand: more revelations about the 'Godfather of Leftism," Franklin Roosevelt.
Just the other day a Leftist said it was good to see I hadn't provided another chapter about FDR....so, here we go!

The most frequent, most rapid, most knee-jerk response from the Left about any candidate of the Republican candidates....and Republicans: "he's so stoooopid!!!"

"Trump and the cult of stupid" http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/288298-trump-and-the-cult-of-stupid

"How did Donald Trump get this rich, if he is as stupid as his speeches ..." How did Donald Trump get this rich, if he is as stupid as his speeches make him out to be? - Quora

"How the 'Stupid Party' Created Donald Trump - The New York Times" http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/01/opinion/how-the-stupid-party-created-donald-trump.html?_r=0

The irony, of course, is that the icon, the demigod, of the Democrat/Liberal perspective is Franklin Delano Roosevelt...who truly was, and provably so.....far less than an intellectual genius.

Let's light this candle:
"Roosevelt: The Poorest of Students"
Certainly not poor in the pecuniary sense, he was wealthy....just not capable of learning...poor in that ability.
And I'll prove it.
Let's start here:

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
So saith the 'American' philosopher George Santayana....
...could he have had Franklin Roosevelt in mind when he penned that foreboding?

1. In these posts, I have reminded all that Republican Harding came into office facing similar economic problems to Roosevelt's:

"...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book "Out of Work", noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

With Harding’s tax cuts, spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy, the gross national product rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million – a reported 6.7% of the labor force – in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway!"
America’s Greatest Depression*Fighter by Jim Powell
America’s Greatest Depression Fighter by Jim Powell
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell

2. Even more significant....Roosevelt knew of Harding's success during a comparable downturn...and promised to solve the economic turmoil by doing exactly what Harding did.

But he didn't do it. He did the very opposite. Duhhhhhh.....

a. " The federal government’s responses to the resulting recession took a bad situation and made it far, far worse.... Roosevelt did indeed make a difference, though probably not the sort of difference for which the country had hoped. He started off on the wrong foot when, in his inaugural address, he blamed the Depression on “unscrupulous money changers.” He said nothing about the role of the Fed’s mismanagement and little about the follies of Congress that had contributed to the problem. As a result of his efforts, the economy would linger in depression for the rest of the decade..... Roosevelt had pledged in 1932 to end the crisis, but it persisted two presidential terms and countless interventions later." Great Myths of the Great Depression | Lawrence W. Reed

'As a result of his efforts, the economy would linger in depression for the rest of the decade.....'
Really stupid, huh?

3. So....an abject failure at dealing with the economy.....very much as the current Democrat is.

Now, for foreign policy.....let's compare Franklin Roosevelt's ability to deal with the murderous dictatorship, the Soviet Union.....compared with an earlier President, that very same Republican, Harding, whose lessons in foreign policy, he could and should have learned as well.
But he didn't.

Roosevelt was just not capable of learning.

Proof...? Coming right up.

Last edited:
Back....in the face of popular demand: more revelations about the 'Godfather of Leftism," Franklin Roosevelt.
Just the other day a Leftist said it was good to see I hadn't provided another chapter about FDR....so, here we go!

The most frequent, most rapid, most knee-jerk response from the Left about any candidate of the Republican candidates....and Republicans: "he's so stoooopid!!!"

"Trump and the cult of stupid" http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/288298-trump-and-the-cult-of-stupid

"How did Donald Trump get this rich, if he is as stupid as his speeches ..." How did Donald Trump get this rich, if he is as stupid as his speeches make him out to be? - Quora

"How the 'Stupid Party' Created Donald Trump - The New York Times" http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/01/opinion/how-the-stupid-party-created-donald-trump.html?_r=0

The irony, of course, is that the icon, the demigod, of the Democrat/Liberal perspective is Franklin Delano Roosevelt...who truly was, and provably so.....far less than an intellectual genius.

Let's light this candle:
Certainly not poor in the pecuniary sense, he was wealthy....just not capable of learning...poor in that ability.
And I'll prove it.
Let's start here:

1. In these posts, I have reminded all that Republican Harding came into office facing similar economic problems to Roosevelt's:

"...Harding inherited the mess, in particular the post-World War I depression – almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933, that FDR inherited and prolonged. Richard K. Vedder and Lowell E. Gallaway, in their book "Out of Work", noted that the magnitude of the 1920 depression "exceeded that for the Great Depression of the following decade for several quarters." The estimated gross national product plunged 24% from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million in 1920 to 4.9 million in 1921.

With Harding’s tax cuts, spending cuts and relatively non-interventionist economic policy, the gross national product rebounded to $74.1 billion in 1922. The number of unemployed fell to 2.8 million – a reported 6.7% of the labor force – in 1922. So, just a year and a half after Harding became president, the Roaring 20s were underway!"
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226645/not-so-great-depression/jim-powell

2. Even more significant....Roosevelt knew of Harding's success during a comparable downturn...and promised to solve the economic turmoil by doing exactly what Harding did.

a. " The federal government’s responses to the resulting recession took a bad situation and made it far, far worse.... Roosevelt did indeed make a difference, though probably not the sort of difference for which the country had hoped. He started off on the wrong foot when, in his inaugural address, he blamed the Depression on “unscrupulous money changers.” He said nothing about the role of the Fed’s mismanagement and little about the follies of Congress that had contributed to the problem. As a result of his efforts, the economy would linger in depression for the rest of the decade..... Roosevelt had pledged in 1932 to end the crisis, but it persisted two presidential terms and countless interventions later." Great Myths of the Great Depression | Lawrence W. Reed

'As a result of his efforts, the economy would linger in depression for the rest of the decade.....'
Really stupid, huh?

3. So....an abject failure at dealing with the economy.....very much as the current Democrat is.

Now, for foreign policy.....let's compare Franklin Roosevelt's ability to deal with the murderous dictatorship, the Soviet Union.....compared with an earlier President, that very same Republican, Harding, whose lessons in foreign policy, he could and should have learned as well.
But he didn't.

Could you explain your point to the less-knowledgeable, like myself. What is your point? I was born at the beginning of FDRs second term, raised by grandparents who lived thru the crash of 29 and the succeeding depression. We didn't have the acute hindsight you cite. We thought FDR was a 'people's President' who gave dignity thru work to the millions of unfortunate victims of previous admins.

Like eating leftovers, this thread is so boring....I am more concerned how/why the GOP screwed up so bad when Hoover was in office during the depression that it took the GOP 20 years to get elected to the White House...

"Trump and the cult of stupid" Trump and the cult of stupid

Let's light this candle:
And I'll prove it.
Let's start here:

Really stupid, huh?

But he didn't.

Could you explain your point to the less-knowledgeable, like myself. What is your point? I was born at the beginning of FDRs second term, raised by grandparents who lived thru the crash of 29 and the succeeding depression. We didn't have the acute hindsight you cite. We thought FDR was a 'people's President' who gave dignity thru work to the millions of unfortunate victims of previous admins.

"Could you explain your point..."
I always do.

"We thought FDR was a 'people's President' who gave dignity thru work to the millions of unfortunate victims of previous admins."

You'd be wrong.

Not that your misunderstanding is puzzling.....after all to believe otherwise would require you to take on both academia and the media, wholly owned subsidiaries of "Leftism, Inc."

But....I always provide links for those with the intellect and the courage.

You should start here:
1. 'As a result of his efforts, the economy would linger in depression for the rest of the decade.....'

2. Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

3. And this from a Roosevelt-insider:
" “We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…I say after eight years of this administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…And an enormous debt to boot!”
Morgenthau Diary, May 9, 1939, Franklin Roosevelt Presidential Library

Ball's in your court.

Last edited:
In these posts, I have reminded all that Republican Harding came into office facing similar economic problems to Roosevelt's:

Foghorn_Leghorn_laughing.gif

Like eating leftovers, this thread is so boring....I am more concerned how/why the GOP screwed up so bad when Hoover was in office during the depression that it took the GOP 20 years to get elected to the White House...

"Like eating leftovers, this thread is so boring...."

Reality is defined by actions.....not by words.
One would imagine that you'd gave learned that.

So...you claim that reading my posts is some sort of chore......
...yet you do, daily.
The message is that the truth I provide is a burr under your saddle.
Excellent....that is the beginning of education.

In these posts, I have reminded all that Republican Harding came into office facing similar economic problems to Roosevelt's:
She left out that it wasn't a world wide depression, just a recession..Post war recession..Harding the progressives passed the Volt act, outlawing alcohol, and giving women the vote..

...yet you do, daily.
That Hoover screwed up so bad that he lost the GOP the White house for a generation? What did he not do that was so important?

Are you denying what I posted?

Please....don't hesitate to show that I am incorrect....and then, as per usual, I'll eviscerate your post.

Last edited:
She left out that it wasn't a world wide depression, just a recession..Post war recession..Harding the progressives passed the Volt act, outlawing alcohol, and giving women the vote..

"giving women the vote.."

It was the Republicans who gave women the vote.

Democrats, the party of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship fought bitterly and tirelessly to prevent women, and blacks, from having the vote.

Challenge me on that.

...yet you do, daily.
That Hoover screwed up so bad that he lost the GOP the White house for a generation? What did he not do that was so important?

So there is nothing in my post that you can point to as incorrect, or untrue?

Excellent.

.....foreign policy.....let's compare Franklin Roosevelt's ability to deal with the murderous dictatorship, the Soviet Union.....compared with an earlier President, that very same Republican, Harding, whose lessons in foreign policy, he could and should have learned as well.
But he didn't.

Roosevelt was the poorest of student.

4. Keep in mind that this thread is not aimed at explaining Roosevelt's actions......but, rather, at illuminating them.
I'll leave it to fans of Roosevelt's failures to try to explain them.

The OP proves.....PROVES....the abject failure that FDR was in economic policy, inflating one of America's 50 or so economic downturns....none of which lasted even five years.....and blew it into a Depression lasting a decade!

And, as the OP states, Republican Harding showed exactly how to cure the problems....FDR actually promised to do just what Harding did.....then reneged on his promise.

5. Now...I'll show that Harding faced the same problem Roosevelt did with the Soviet Union kidnapping Americans....and how differently the two President's handled the communist empire.

You will see this situation mirror the Harding-Roosevelt attempts vis-a-vis the economy, and in the same way that Roosevelt could have followed Harding's recipe for success.....he didn't.

Pretty stupid, huh?

Once again, the Republican, successfully.....the Democrat, a wretched failure.

Stay tuned.

...yet you do, daily.

So there is nothing in my post that you can point to as incorrect, or untrue?

Excellent.
No,,, it's just that your approach is old and rotten, shouldn't you approach this from another direction?

Are you denying what I posted?

Please....don't hesitate to show that I am incorrect....and they, as per usual, I'll eviscerate your post.

Stop it!...Stop it!...I can't take it anymore

So we agree....you can't find anyway to show that I am incorrect?

Excellent.

And another one bites the dust.

.....foreign policy.....let's compare Franklin Roosevelt's ability to deal with the murderous dictatorship, the Soviet Union.....compared with an earlier President, that very same Republican, Harding, whose lessons in foreign policy, he could and should have learned as well.
But he didn't.

Roosevelt was the poorest of student.

4. Keep in mind that this thread is not aimed at explaining Roosevelt's actions......but, rather, at illuminating them.
I'll leave it to fans of Roosevelt's failures to try to explain them.

The OP proves.....PROVES....the abject failure that FDR was in economic policy, inflating one of America's 50 or so economic downturns....none of which lasted even five years.....and blew it into a Depression lasting a decade!

And, as the OP states, Republican Harding showed exactly how to cure the problems....FDR actually promised to do just what Harding did.....then reneged on his promise.

5. Now...I'll show that Harding faced the same problem Roosevelt did with the Soviet Union kidnapping Americans....and how differently the two President's handled the communist empire.

You will see this situation mirror the Harding-Roosevelt attempts vis-a-vis the economy, and in the same way that Roosevelt could have followed Harding's recipe for success.....he didn't.

Pretty stupid, huh?

Once again, the Republican, successfully.....the Democrat, a wretched failure.

Stay tuned.
Harding had that brand new income tax money rolling in and the last of the booze tax monies before progressive reforms screwed the US out of a prosperous business to placate the minority feminist movement, the suffragettes....Things went to hell after that...

Forum List

Back