Ron Paulites - please explain - how do we end the fed?

Nothing here says that Congress cannot issue paper money. Section 10 refers to the states coining their own money.
Article 1, Section 8 defines money as coin....Period.

As such, all paper notes must be redeemable for specie.

No. You would have to show that "coin" exclusively meant metal when the Constitution was framed. I don't believe that is the case.

From the dictionary:

coin (koin)

n.

1. A small piece of metal, usually flat and circular, authorized by a government for use as money.
2. Metal money considered as a whole.
3. A flat circular piece or object felt to resemble metal money: a pizza topped with coins of pepperoni.
4. Architecture A corner or cornerstone.
5. A mode of expression considered standard: Two-word verbs are valid linguistic coin in the 20th century.

I'm sure we can both agree that 4 and 5 don't apply whatsoever in this case, so it pretty much looks like coin is metal and money. Soooooo you're dumb! :thup:

My bad, I didn't include the verb form:

coined, coin·ing, coins
1. To make (pieces of money) from metal; mint or strike: coined silver dollars.
2. To make pieces of money from (metal): coin gold.
3. To devise (a new word or phrase).

Apparently you're still dumb.

Article 1, Section 8 defines money as coin....Period.

As such, all paper notes must be redeemable for specie.

No. You would have to show that "coin" exclusively meant metal when the Constitution was framed. I don't believe that is the case.

From the dictionary:

coin (koin)

n.

1. A small piece of metal, usually flat and circular, authorized by a government for use as money.
3. A flat circular piece or object felt to resemble metal money: a pizza topped with coins of pepperoni.
5. A mode of expression considered standard: Two-word verbs are valid linguistic coin in the 20th century.

I'm sure we can both agree that 4 and 5 don't apply whatsoever in this case, so it pretty much looks like coin is metal and money. Soooooo you're dumb! :thup:

Geexus are you stupid.

From the dictionary:

coin (koin)

n.

Geexus are you stupid.

Yeah that's what losers usually reply back with.

And it's "Jesus". Embrace it Goldstein.

It's like arguing that Obamacare was not going to increase costs because the CBO said so.
This is simply the logical extension of what is being proposed.
If you think the anti-Fed movement is not filled with anti-semites then you haven't been paying attention.
The Jew World Order is sinking the American economy. - YouTube

Saying those who oppose the fed are anti-semites is the same as saying those that oppose obama all hate black people. Are you a racist then Rabbi or are you voting for Obama?

Not even close as a parallel. What that guy is yelling in that VIDEO on Rabbi's post is typical of what you hear when you discuss the Fed, banking, and other favorite Ron Paul issues with too damn many of his supporters. I'veheard almost that same video diatribe verbatim. It's eeri, and should not be discounted.

The guy yelling at the end of the vid doesn't mention Jews at all, the only mention of jews is in the text that is over laid. The fact that some people who oppose the fed are racist doesn't mean that everyone who believes in ending the fed is a racist, just like some people who don't like Obama are racist but not everyone who opposes him. I stand by the comparison.

Pretty much what I said.
Not everyone opposed to the Fed is an anti semite. But you have to wonder how much crankery is involved when opposition to the Fed often turns ugly like that.

The thing is, if we just FEDERALIZE the FED, are we really solving anything?

It's the CLASSIST manner in which the FED operates that I am proposing ought to change.
You cannot federalize the Fed, per Article 1, Sections 8 & 10:

Section 8: The Congress shall have Power To...coin Money (a very specific process, which defines "money" as specie), regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

Section 10: No State shall...coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

There is nothing in either of those that prevents the government from taking over or, for the matter, eliminating the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK.

Pretty much what I said.
Not everyone opposed to the Fed is an anti semite. But you have to wonder how much crankery is involved when opposition to the Fed often turns ugly like that.

The Federal Reserve was created to suck money out of our country, period. I can't think of any reason to keep it.

We will never get out of debt as long as we keep the Fed.

Pretty much what I said.

The Federal Reserve was created to suck money out of our country, period. I can't think of any reason to keep it.

We will never get out of debt as long as we keep the Fed.

Speaking of barking-mad anti-semites.

I'm willing to bet the folks in here calling people anti-semite and crank over ending the federal reserve don't have the slightest clue what the federal reserve is, how it operates and the history of this countries struggle to keep a central bank from forming.

I have to admit, those that want to maintain control over the money supply, have done a brilliant job burying reality deep behind the cognitive dissonance of the plebs. Their state craft is unmatched.

what you want is economic chaos.

When in history has what you want been proven to work?

Economic chaos?
How the hell would you know what i want?

I've seen you post around this board. You must be the biggest joke here.

I could explain it in great detail. But I'm certainly not going to waste my time doing so just to prove to some twit on a messageboard that I can. Ron Paul has spent years understanding this subject and he is more than qualified to explain it. The videos on page one do a good job explaining it for the simpletons.

You should watch the videos if you have a genuine interest in the subject vs. trolling a messagboard.

Ron Paulites - please explain - how do we end the fed?

What would you suggest that your surgeon do with a malignant tumor?

In particular, what happens to the Fed's assets and liabilities?

WTF, "assets and liabilities" have you forgotten that they are resisting a fucking audit?

Here is the balance sheet right here:

FRB: H.4.1 Release-- Factors Affecting Reserve Balances -- January 19, 2012

It tells you what the assets (e.g. treasuries, gold stock, etc.) and liabilities (federal reserve notes) of the fed are. How do we discharged them at the end of the fed?

The thing is, if we just FEDERALIZE the FED, are we really solving anything?

It's the CLASSIST manner in which the FED operates that I am proposing ought to change.
You cannot federalize the Fed, per Article 1, Sections 8 & 10:

Section 8: The Congress shall have Power To...coin Money (a very specific process, which defines "money" as specie), regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

Section 10: No State shall...coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

You must have quoted the wrong law because that doesn't say you can't "federalize the fed"

I'm willing to bet the folks in here calling people anti-semite and crank over ending the federal reserve don't have the slightest clue what the federal reserve is, how it operates and the history of this countries struggle to keep a central bank from forming.

I have to admit, those that want to maintain control over the money supply, have done a brilliant job burying reality deep behind the cognitive dissonance of the plebs. Their state craft is unmatched.

Prior to the Fed, can you point to any time in history where the "plebs" were demanding the contraction of the money supply?

Ron Paul's support of a strict gold standard is one and the same as advocating for a smaller money supply which is one and the same with advocating for the interests of the wealthy. Smaller money supplies benefit those who have money already (the wealthy) and are detrimental to those who have debts (mortgagees, non-large businesses, non-large farms).

Every dollar in the world we owe back to the Fed with interest.

We owe the Fed more money than there is.

Forum List

Back