Ron Paul on secession. So right!

I see a lot of you people still subscribe to the false left/right paradigm even if it's part of a soverign state? For cripes sakes...we libertarians are fucked no matter what. Big government "liberals" who want to tax tax tax regulate regulate regulate spend spend spend inflate inflate inflate on one side of me, and neocon religious war mongering nuts on the other side of me.

Where ever shall the fiscally responsible and socially accepting crowd who does not believe in war unless warred upon go?

Since you guys believe in unfettered open borders, how about Guatemala?

I see a lot of you people still subscribe to the false left/right paradigm even if it's part of a soverign state? For cripes sakes...we libertarians are fucked no matter what. Big government "liberals" who want to tax tax tax regulate regulate regulate spend spend spend inflate inflate inflate on one side of me, and neocon religious war mongering nuts on the other side of me.

Where ever shall the fiscally responsible and socially accepting crowd who does not believe in war unless warred upon go?

Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime

That has a long way to go :( 52% Obama 46.5% Romney

Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime

That has a long way to go :( 52% Obama 46.5% Romney

It's a start nonetheless. Regardless, I don't think there's anywhere "to go" for a libertarian. Just ignore the state as best you can from where you are.

Less than 1% of the country wants to secede and honestly I don't want to see it either because I don't want to fund the inevitable refugee camps on the borders of Southern states. You think Mexican illegals are bad, wait for these southern motherfuckers to start running the border.

I bolded it for you.

The Constitution establishes a more perfect union. Says so in the preamble.

And of course the Preamble sounds nice, but means absolutely nothing. The 10th Amendment, on the other hand, clearly makes secession legal since it is nowhere prohibited to the states in the Constitution.

Actually it does mean some things, and one of them is that the union established is more perfect. Says so right there.

And of course the Preamble sounds nice, but means absolutely nothing. The 10th Amendment, on the other hand, clearly makes secession legal since it is nowhere prohibited to the states in the Constitution.

Actually it does mean some things, and one of them is that the union established is more perfect. Says so right there.

That would be the Union that follows the laws of the document you are referring to... making secession A-OKAY!

Yes, and the Pharaohs said they were the living embodiment of gods. Since neither has anything to do with this topic I suggest we get back to the issue at hand.

That would be the Union that follows the laws of the document you are referring to... making secession A-OKAY!

So because the Union follows laws, secession is legal ? That's your logic?

Yes, and the Pharaohs said they were the living embodiment of gods. Since neither has anything to do with this topic I suggest we get back to the issue at hand.

So the Constitution has nothing to do with the Constitution.

Are you retarded?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEC68vTQwP8]Ron Paul's Neo-Confederate "South Was Right" Civil War Speech With Confederate Flag - YouTube[/ame]

The south will rise again!

I bolded it for you.

Sure it is..

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;

Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Section 3 - Treason Note

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

The only possible route to secession that adheres to constitutional principle is through legislation.

Which would be, at best, near to impossible.

So the Constitution has nothing to do with the Constitution.

Are you retarded?

:lol:

The Preamble is merely a statement of intent, and has nothing to do with secession. It prohibits nothing to the states, and it confers no powers on the federal government.

Sure it is..

Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Section 3 - Treason Note

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

The only possible route to secession that adheres to constitutional principle is through legislation.

Which would be, at best, near to impossible.

And nowhere is it said in any of the quoted passages that secession is prohibited to the states.

Forum List

Back