Ron Paul on Demagogy

Ohh he will likely win here. Sorry to say.
We did elect McCain/Palin.
I would have preferred Trey Grayson.
Rand will not get my vote.
A zero experience candidate for a US senate seat? No way.

I respect your opinion even though Obama(not saying you support him) was a State Senator for only 4 years or so before becoming US Senator for two and then President, not exactly a stellar resume,imho.

Maybe we need more in Congress with no experience, can't screw things up more than the more experienced one:eusa_whistle:

so you are saying that an inexperienced Obama could not screw things up any worse than an experienced McCain?

the inexperienced ones will just be easy game for the experienced ones to hornswaggle and such.
Rand already showed his inexperience when he spoke of cutting farm subsidies. He crawfished fas on that one. Most of his supporters in KY are rural farm types. And republicans do like their farm subsidies.

Yeah I know but...do you? I think farm subsidies should be done away with personally and Louisiana gets a good bit of them too.

Not at first...remember the whole, blacks not being able to eat at lunch counters thing?

No, I don't, because that was, of course, never said. Regardless, Rand is more moderate in his rhetoric than Ron.

By now, you’ve no doubt heard that, yesterday, Ron Paul’s son, Rand Paul, who just won the Republican Senate primary in Kentucky, said that he would like to live in a world where segregated lunch counters were allowed. And, I’m not exaggerating. Paul, a Libertarian purist, said that, although he detests racism, he feels that business owners should be allowed to serve whomever they please. If you don’t believe me, check out this footage from the Rachel Maddow show.

Rand Paul: lunch counter Libertarian

Um, ok.

What he said was that businesses are private property, and that people should have the right to serve whomever they want on their own property. He didn't say he supports blacks not being allowed to be served at a lunch counter, as you tried to make it seem.

No, I don't, because that was, of course, never said. Regardless, Rand is more moderate in his rhetoric than Ron.

By now, you’ve no doubt heard that, yesterday, Ron Paul’s son, Rand Paul, who just won the Republican Senate primary in Kentucky, said that he would like to live in a world where segregated lunch counters were allowed. And, I’m not exaggerating. Paul, a Libertarian purist, said that, although he detests racism, he feels that business owners should be allowed to serve whomever they please. If you don’t believe me, check out this footage from the Rachel Maddow show.

Um, ok.

What he said was that businesses are private property, and that people should have the right to serve whomever they want on their own property. He didn't say he supports blacks not being allowed to be served at a lunch counter, as you tried to make it seem.

the same end result though.

Um, ok.

No, Jim Crow laws and a defense of property rights aren't the same thing at all.

Though I find it funny that some in this thread will defend the property rights of the Muslims building this mosque, and then want to bring up Rand Paul defending property rights as if it's wrong. How very selective of them.

Last edited:

No, Jim Crow laws and a defense of property rights aren't the same thing at all.

Yep, Jim Crow...a sign of government intervention. My Dad; back in the 60's,here in the deep South; told others that a black man's money was just as green to him as the white man's.

Though I find it funny that some in this thread will defend the property rights of the Muslims building this mosque, and then want to bring up Rand Paul defending property rights as if it's wrong. How very selective of them.

I never defended the GZ mosque on property rights. But under the freedom of religion part of the constitution.

I never defended the GZ mosque on property rights. But under the freedom of religion part of the constitution.

Others do though, that has been my angle since day one, I have noticed others do as well.

Property rights are the basis of all other rights.

Others do though, that has been my angle since day one, I have noticed others do as well.

so you would do away with zoning laws as well?
A booze store next to a school? A strip club next to a church? A pig farm next to your home?

A booze store next to a school? A strip club next to a church? A pig farm next to your home?

I never said that rights were absolute,;for example; I support freedom of speech but I realize that screaming FIRE in a theater is not in the best interests of others, zoning protects OTHER PEOPLE'S property rights such as a pig farm in a residential neighborhood and is a far cry from telling me who I can and can't welcome onto my own property.

Last edited:

I never said that rights were absolute,;for example; I support freedom of speech but I realize that screaming FIRE in a theater is not in the best interests of others, zoning protects OTHER PEOPLE'S property rights and is a far cry from telling me who I can and can't welcome onto my own property.

So you have the right to tell others what they can and cannot do with their property?
I agree Private property is one thing on controlling access, however unless a private club businesses are public access.
You come on my prive property and do not want to leave when I tell you to. well you can walk or run off or be carried off.

but this WAAH he did not mow his grass and it is impacting my property values is crap.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back