Ron Paul on Demagogy

Did Rand have the balls to take a stand on the Mosque?

He's walking a political tightrope in Kentucky, that is like the buckle of the Bible Belt, I will be so glad when the elections are over, one bad interview;or should I say one more on a controversial issue; and he could very well lose and I'd hate that worse than anything short of his Dad losing.

He's walking a political tightrope in Kentucky, that is like the buckle of the Bible Belt, I will be so glad when the elections are over, one bad interview;or should I say one more on a controversial issue; and he could very well lose and I'd hate that worse than anything short of his Dad losing.

Ohh he will likely win here. Sorry to say.
We did elect McCain/Palin.
I would have preferred Trey Grayson.
Rand will not get my vote.
A zero experience candidate for a US senate seat? No way.
had he gone for State Senate or something that would be an entirely different matter. But him riding in just because he is Ron Pauls son? Sucky, just plumb sucky.

Last edited:

I respect your opinion even though Obama(not saying you support him) was a State Senator for only 4 years or so before becoming US Senator for two and then President, not exactly a stellar resume,imho.

Maybe we need more in Congress with no experience, can't screw things up more than the more experienced one:eusa_whistle:

I respect your opinion even though Obama(not saying you support him) was a State Senator for only 4 years or so before becoming US Senator for two and then President, not exactly a stellar resume,imho.

Maybe we need more in Congress with no experience, can't screw things up more than the more experienced one:eusa_whistle:

so you are saying that an inexperienced Obama could not screw things up any worse than an experienced McCain?

the inexperienced ones will just be easy game for the experienced ones to hornswaggle and such.
Rand already showed his inexperience when he spoke of cutting farm subsidies. He crawfished fas on that one. Most of his supporters in KY are rural farm types. And republicans do like their farm subsidies.

Last edited:
*Applause*

He does this..he goes right on point....then goes off the rails..

He is a libertarian and they scare me. His son doesnt have his fathers filter but he says exactly what they are all about.

His father's filter? You have the situation reversed. Rand is the "filtered" one. Ron says whatever he wants, whereas Rand tempers what he says for practical political purposes.

*Applause*

He is a libertarian and they scare me. His son doesnt have his fathers filter but he says exactly what they are all about.

His father's filter? You have the situation reversed. Rand is the "filtered" one. Ron says whatever he wants, whereas Rand tempers what he says for practical political purposes.

Not at first...remember the whole, blacks not being able to eat at lunch counters thing?

Not at first...remember the whole, blacks not being able to eat at lunch counters thing?

No, I don't, because that was, of course, never said. Regardless, Rand is more moderate in his rhetoric than Ron.

ron paul taking the constitutional position? shocking!

I don't know of anybody who has taken the position that building the mosque is unconstitutional, but just because something is Constitutional doesn't mean it's also appropriate.

Demagogy is an acquired taste. I prefer my demogogues use demagoguery

In a statement decrying "demagogy" around the issue, the former Republican presidential candidate wrote late last week that "the debate should have provided the conservative defenders of property rights with a perfect example of how the right to own property also protects the 1st Amendment rights of assembly and religion by supporting the building of the mosque."

A rose by any other name, is still a flower.
sure.

but has anyone yet to comment on the substance of his constitutional claims while agreeing with them?

which reminds me of a sheeple truism: stupid is as stupid does.
:eusa_shhh:

I may not agree with Ron on many things, but I always have a vast respect for the way he sticks to his guns.

And I certainly agree with him here. No amount of fear-mongering trumps the Constitution.

That's why I also support Second amendment rights.

In a statement decrying "demagogy" around the issue, the former Republican presidential candidate wrote late last week that "the debate should have provided the conservative defenders of property rights with a perfect example of how the right to own property also protects the 1st Amendment rights of assembly and religion by supporting the building of the mosque."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014453-503544.html

---

Is this a constitutionally sound argument? Does the right to own property protect what Paul says it does? What have the courts said on this issue if anything? Does anyone have a credible defense of what Paul is saying or is this just more of the Choir following the lead?

---

Adds Paul: "It is repeatedly said that 64% of the people, after listening to the political demagogues, don't want the mosque to be built. What would we do if 75% of the people insist that no more Catholic churches be built in New York City? The point being is that majorities can become oppressors of minority rights as well as individual dictators."
:eusa_shhh:

They've never cared what Ron Paul has said before, why would they start now?

The neo-conservative wing of the Republican Party never cared what Ron Paul said? Okay, so the right wing of the Republican party has how many feathers?

No to your first question, and I'm not sure what you mean by your second question.

A wing has many feathers. The right wing has the neo-con feather, the tea party feather, the Libertarian feather, the American Independent Party feather, the Birther feather, etc.

[youtube]u8vz-2mNO5I[/youtube]

You know, I really do like RP... Sometimes I start to cringe as he goes off but then he ties it all up so well in the end hahaha...

I like that Ron Paul makes it clear that the he said she said bull shit is petty crap next to thousand if not millions dying.

No, I don't, because that was, of course, never said. Regardless, Rand is more moderate in his rhetoric than Ron.

By now, you’ve no doubt heard that, yesterday, Ron Paul’s son, Rand Paul, who just won the Republican Senate primary in Kentucky, said that he would like to live in a world where segregated lunch counters were allowed. And, I’m not exaggerating. Paul, a Libertarian purist, said that, although he detests racism, he feels that business owners should be allowed to serve whomever they please. If you don’t believe me, check out this footage from the Rachel Maddow show.

Rand Paul: lunch counter Libertarian

Um, ok.

ron paul taking the constitutional position? shocking!

I don't know of anybody who has taken the position that building the mosque is unconstitutional, but just because something is Constitutional doesn't mean it's also appropriate.

A real patriot supports the constitution even if they dont agree with it. Its the american way.

Freedom of religion is what we were founded on.....

Forum List

Back