Romney's income was $21.7 million in 2010 and $20.9 million last year

Seriously?

Show a CEO that "lost it all" as a result of the recent financial calamity.

Dick Fuld ran Lehman into the ground and got a 20 million dollar payout.
Same with Wagoneer and GM.

Risk is public..and Profit is private.

And corporations are people my friend. :lol:

Nobody forced people to invest with Lehmann, and this is an example of the mentality of the times. The entitlement mentality rewards bad choices and punishes success.

The U.S. Congress has run the country into the ground too, but those elected to Congress, if they can stay for just a little while, leave as multi-millionaires on your and my dime. I say shame on corporations that pay people for failure. I say shame on the American people who reward their elected leaders who also fail to responsibly represent us. We need to get back to a mentality where irresponsible or incompetent corporate leaders are fired and sent on their way to make a living some other way. We also need a Congress who isd there to represent us and who are not there to increase their own personal fortunes which means they do whatever they have to do to get re-elected instead of concentrating on doing the right thing. So we have a system that creates a Lehmann syndrome. All the big boys have to do is shell out the big bucks to keep those Congressmen in office and they will be allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.

We can correct that by changing our own mentality and demand responsibility, integrity, and competence in those we send to Washington, and when their term of office is over, so is their compensation from ANY public source. THAT will fix most of the problem.

You missed the whole fucking point.

FULD FAILED. HE WAS STILL REWARDED.

Got it now?

your lack of business knowledge is showing.

He was offered the position based on his earlier successes. He was offered a very lucrative contract...again...based on his earlier successes. If he had been a failure, he never would have been approved by theboard for the position.

He was not rewarded for failing. He received what he did becuase he had a contract.

DeLorean was a great mind in the auto industry for years....YEARS...he was a true success.

Yet he then designed a car that was a failure.

People are not always successful. Sometimes they are faced with situations that hamper their success...and no matter what they try, nothing seems to work.

Understand how business works before you criticize something.

If Lehman were still around...I bet their next top executive contract would have had a clause in it with "benchmarks" of ahceivement dictating the compensation package.....

But no...as much as you want to say it...he was not rewarded for being a failure.

Good for him! Capital gains are less because the person TAKES A RISK INVESTING! Romney could of lost that much. It shows that he is a smart investor.

Unfortunately most people are jealous and think Romney is out of touch with the "so called
average person"
. I want somebody smart like Romney as President!

Mitt Romney releases tax returns - The Washington Post

-

I LOVE to see people making big money, because they enrich our society, through their taxes, regardless of the percentage they pay.

Posted by
CNN Political Research Director Robert Yoon

Washington (CNN) - Former president Bill Clinton enjoyed his most lucrative year ever on the speaking circuit in 2010, capping a decade of paid speaking events that has earned him $75.6 million since leaving office in 2001, according to a CNN analysis of federal financial records.

More:

Clinton surpasses $75 million in speech income after lucrative 2010 – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Seriously?

Show a CEO that "lost it all" as a result of the recent financial calamity.

Dick Fuld ran Lehman into the ground and got a 20 million dollar payout.
Same with Wagoneer and GM.

Risk is public..and Profit is private.

And corporations are people my friend. :lol:

Nobody forced people to invest with Lehmann, and this is an example of the mentality of the times. The entitlement mentality rewards bad choices and punishes success.

The U.S. Congress has run the country into the ground too, but those elected to Congress, if they can stay for just a little while, leave as multi-millionaires on your and my dime. I say shame on corporations that pay people for failure. I say shame on the American people who reward their elected leaders who also fail to responsibly represent us. We need to get back to a mentality where irresponsible or incompetent corporate leaders are fired and sent on their way to make a living some other way. We also need a Congress who isd there to represent us and who are not there to increase their own personal fortunes which means they do whatever they have to do to get re-elected instead of concentrating on doing the right thing. So we have a system that creates a Lehmann syndrome. All the big boys have to do is shell out the big bucks to keep those Congressmen in office and they will be allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.

We can correct that by changing our own mentality and demand responsibility, integrity, and competence in those we send to Washington, and when their term of office is over, so is their compensation from ANY public source. THAT will fix most of the problem.

Got it now?

And you apparently have a reading dysfunction as I agreed with you about that.

Got it now?

your lack of business knowledge is showing.

He was offered the position based on his earlier successes. He was offered a very lucrative contract...again...based on his earlier successes. If he had been a failure, he never would have been approved by theboard for the position.

He was not rewarded for failing. He received what he did becuase he had a contract.

DeLorean was a great mind in the auto industry for years....YEARS...he was a true success.

Yet he then designed a car that was a failure.

People are not always successful. Sometimes they are faced with situations that hamper their success...and no matter what they try, nothing seems to work.

Understand how business works before you criticize something.

If Lehman were still around...I bet their next top executive contract would have had a clause in it with "benchmarks" of ahceivement dictating the compensation package.....

But no...as much as you want to say it...he was not rewarded for being a failure.

Sorry, but I was raised to believe that the honorable captain does what he can to save his ship and the people on it and, if he fails in doing that, he goes down with the ship. The CEO of Lehmann is no different. There is no evidence that he did anything, sounded any alarms, or took any alternate course when they were headed for trouble. He had to see it or else he was f*cking incompetent which in either way makes him a failure. In 2010, a court examiner investigating the Lehmann mess reported that Lehmann was using accounting gimmicks to mask their true financial position, attract investors, and keep the regulators at bay. The CEO is responsible to oversee that and, in an honorable institution, must be held accountable, not rewarded, when it happens.

It isn't up to the government to punish the CEOs however. We need to return to a sense of ethics and integrity and reward that instead of corruption and malfeasance.

Forum List

Back