Romney's income was $21.7 million in 2010 and $20.9 million last year

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Good for him! Capital gains are less because the person TAKES A RISK INVESTING! Romney could of lost that much. It shows that he is a smart investor.

Unfortunately most people are jealous and think Romney is out of touch with the "so called
average person"
. I want somebody smart like Romney as President!

Mitt Romney releases tax returns - The Washington Post

-

Romney tied his dog to the roof of his car for a 12 hour trip. He did the same thing to the American worker when he looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas.

Obama has created 22 months of private sector job growth.

I will be voting for Obama.

Romney said attacks on income inequity are "envy."

Well let's be honest... we do envy the wealthy.

We envy the ability of the wealthy to convince 50% of the population to vote against their own interests.

We envy the ability of the wealthy to run the country into the ground, blame the government...then ask the same government for help.

We envy the ability of the wealthy to demand the government provide corporate protections, subsidies and welfare, while simultaneously denouncing "dependency" on Government.

We envy the ability of the wealthy to use their wealth to buy US public policy and law.

Romney tied his dog to the roof of his car for a 12 hour trip. He did the same thing to the American worker when he looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas.

LOL! It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

How old are you? About 8?

LOL! It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

How old are you? About 8?
What did he say that was foolish?

ABCNews: FBI probing Bain Capital; ABC reports Romney & wife's millions in Cayman Island offshore accounts

FBI response to ABCNews Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request:
About two weeks ago, the FBI evoked FOIA exemption 7(a) and denied access to all Bain Capital records on the grounds that "there is a pending or prospective law enforcement proceeding relevant to these responsive records; and that release of the information contained in these responsive records could reasonably be expected to interfere with the enforcement proceedings."
FBI Response to FOIA Re: Bain Capital

Questions can be raised whether the FBI is required to release Bain files related to an open investigation. As the FBI response shows, the answer to that question is no. However, the response also shows that the FBI is required to acknowledge the probe's existence. The only time the Bureau is allowed to claim a no records response is during an active investigation in which acknowledgment of responsive records would compromise it.

Off shore bank accounts are tools to help lessen the tax burden US citizens face. Are off shore bank accounts a bad thing? They might be if you are worth $250 million dollars, running for president and trying to connect with the average American citizen.

In 2008, the Los Angeles Times reported that Mitt Romney, as head of Bain Capital, utilized shell companies and two offshore tax havens in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands to help eligible investors avoid paying U.S. taxes. The tax-friendly jurisdictions helped attract billions of investment dollars to Bain Capital. Los Angeles Times reporter Bob Drogan spoke about this in 2008:
BOB DROGIN: "A side light of that was Bain Capital, which today has assets of about $60 billion — that’s their — the number that they officially say — and about a third of that comes from these offshore operations that Romney set up when he was still there, in particular, companies that are set up — really, they’re just mail drops, they’re mailboxes; they don’t have any staff, they don’t have any operations. The one on Grand Cayman Island is a Post Office Box 60D, I think, on Grand Cayman Island, and the ones in Bermuda are also at a lawyer’s office. But they’ve got them in other places as well. And they bring in somewhere above $25 billion a year."
"And again, it’s — these are companies — these are operations set up through various systems. They’re blocker corporations. They are investment — or rather, equity groups that are set up to attract, for the large part, foreign capital. And the reason these are set up overseas is so that foreign investors in these private companies can avoid paying U.S. taxes. Mitt Romney and his colleagues don’t get that advantage. So it’s not like they’re avoiding taxes through this. It’s simply — what happens is, they’re helping other people avoid paying U.S. taxes, and as a result they make enormous profits."

TomFlocco: ABCNews: FBI probing Bain Capital; ABC reports Romney & wife's millions in Cayman Island offshore accounts

Unfortunately most people are jealous and think Romney is out of touch with the "so called average person". I want somebody smart like Romney as President!

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry I know has a Cayman account. Paying high taxes is so middle class.

Good for him! Capital gains are less because the person TAKES A RISK INVESTING! Romney could of lost that much. It shows that he is a smart investor.

Unfortunately most people are jealous and think Romney is out of touch with the "so called
average person"

-

I don't support Romney, however he was "swavy" enough to make all those Millions...

There is nothing wrong with being rich...

I have not hate via envy for him...

I don't agree with his politics...

I am a blithering idiot and this stupid OT post is the best I can do.

I am Chris and I endorsed this lame message.

Last edited:

Of course you will, of course you will... never mind:

45,000,000 unemployed
Inflation
Worthless $
$15,000,000,000,000 debt
Record deficits well into the future
$4 gas.. and rising
Solyndra
Fast and Furious
Record numbers on welfare, food stamps and unemployment

Yeah... ALL HAIL OBAMA!!!!!

If only he were poor like the Obamas and Clintons and all the other politicians Democrats hold up so highly.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

average person"

-
founding fathers would be quivering in their graves....they believed money earned from working was much more valuable than money earned from risk taking!

AND WHY do you think money earned from risk taking should be subsidized by our government with a lower tax rate for it than the man working for a living?????

Romney pays 15% and thinks his rate (and the rest of his rich pals paying 15%)

is too high.

His tax plan will let him pay less. Who here wants to pay more, so Mitt Romney can pay less?

Anyone? Can I get ONE volunteer?

He also closed his company so everyone who worked there could go help search for a colleague's missing daughter.

And donated every penny of his inheritance to charity.

Forum List

Back