Romney & Warren Buffett Pay No Taxes(?)! Buffett's Secretary Pays How Much(?)!

mascale

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
So recently, Romney pays never less than 13% in taxes--probably not including any payroll tax. Warren Buffet May or May not pay any payroll taxes. 50% of filers have zero federal income tax liability.

That seems to leave. . . .Everyone has heard of Warren Buffett's Secretary(?)!

Actually, thinking it through: I myself could probably take a job like(?). . .If there is another one like it, around! So far, Romney-Ryan seem to be suggesting that Buffett's Secretary is really the only job that the U. S. federal government really needs to tax(?). Certainly rich people: Do Not Need to be taxed.

These people, below, repeat their article a lot, and it's almost September, again!

Romney's Tax Returns and Effective Tax Rates of the Rich | Tax Foundation

Neither campaign is discussing much about the disaster it seems to show, without stating that a revenue disaster is what the U. S. Federal Income Tax code is all about.

Moody's saw nothing being able to be changed, even only one year ago.

So out with the old Congress, and back in with a Democratic Congress seems to be the only main road to sanity. Romney-Ryan so far seem to be leaving the federal legislature races bereft, and exposed--at RNC! Ryan's selection has not ended the GOP silly talk.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(A successful Tea Partier challenger used caricatures of recent President. George Bush, to make his point. Apparently, signs say Bush Not Missed At All, Even In Florida, Even In GOP! Romney-Ryan want to go back to that, however(?)!)

images

So recently, Romney pays never less than 13% in taxes--probably not including any payroll tax.

That 13% includes payroll taxes. Romney isn't an employee, so he pays the whole 15.3% payroll tax on his tax returns for his earnings. (This is reflected in his 2010 tax return, which I have a copy of. FYI, Romney's true tax rate is closer to 10%.)

50% of filers have zero federal income tax liability.

However all of those filers pay 15.3% payroll taxes on all their earned income. Meaning that many of them pay a higher tax rate than Romney, in spite of being poor. (The poor with children get welfare through the tax code, which roughly covers their payroll taxes.)

Buffet is a lying POS trying to curry favor from the POTUS. He deliberately misrepresents the nature of his income (capital gains) in order to promote an increase in earned income taxes on others.

So recently, Romney pays never less than 13% in taxes--probably not including any payroll tax. Warren Buffet May or May not pay any payroll taxes. 50% of filers have zero federal income tax liability.

That seems to leave. . . .Everyone has heard of Warren Buffett's Secretary(?)!

Actually, thinking it through: I myself could probably take a job like(?). . .If there is another one like it, around! So far, Romney-Ryan seem to be suggesting that Buffett's Secretary is really the only job that the U. S. federal government really needs to tax(?). Certainly rich people: Do Not Need to be taxed.

These people, below, repeat their article a lot, and it's almost September, again!

Romney's Tax Returns and Effective Tax Rates of the Rich | Tax Foundation

Neither campaign is discussing much about the disaster it seems to show, without stating that a revenue disaster is what the U. S. Federal Income Tax code is all about.

Moody's saw nothing being able to be changed, even only one year ago.

So out with the old Congress, and back in with a Democratic Congress seems to be the only main road to sanity. Romney-Ryan so far seem to be leaving the federal legislature races bereft, and exposed--at RNC! Ryan's selection has not ended the GOP silly talk.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(A successful Tea Partier challenger used caricatures of recent President. George Bush, to make his point. Apparently, signs say Bush Not Missed At All, Even In Florida, Even In GOP! Romney-Ryan want to go back to that, however(?)!)

Seriously, get a life.

Buffet is a lying POS trying to curry favor from the POTUS. He deliberately misrepresents the nature of his income (capital gains) in order to promote an increase in earned income taxes on others.

So tell me why return on capital is somehow more pure income than return on labor? And when you talk about jobs please explain how that has value if many of those jobs are overseas?

If you want to reward job creation then eliminate corporate income taxes. That would reward the Japanese investor who is investing in US companies also. Buffett who is significantly smarter than you are is correct to equate return on labor and return on capital.

Jwoodie, when you were born, if your family hoped for you to ever be something other than a Useful Idiot, you've disappointed them. I mean, you have shit for brains. BUFFET DOES NOT MISREPRESENT HIS INCOME, FUCKTARD. He has been very open that low capital gains rates allows him to pay a very low tax rate because his income is mostly investments. Buffet has not pushed for higher taxes on earned income of others.

Jwoodie, when you were born, if your family hoped for you to ever be something other than a Useful Idiot, you've disappointed them. I mean, you have shit for brains. BUFFET DOES NOT MISREPRESENT HIS INCOME, FUCKTARD. He has been very open that low capital gains rates allows him to pay a very low tax rate because his income is mostly investments. Buffet has not pushed for higher taxes on earned income of others.

You do not know what you are talking about.

The Buffett Rule is named after American investor Warren Buffett, who publicly stated in early 2011 that he disagreed with rich people, like himself, paying less in federal taxes, as a portion of income, than the middle class, and voiced support for increased income taxes on the wealthy. The rule would implement a higher minimum tax rate for taxpayers in the highest income bracket, to ensure that they do not pay a lower percentage of income in taxes than less-affluent Americans.

Last edited:
So recently, Romney pays never less than 13% in taxes--probably not including any payroll tax.

That 13% includes payroll taxes. Romney isn't an employee, so he pays the whole 15.3% payroll tax on his tax returns for his earnings. (This is reflected in his 2010 tax return, which I have a copy of. FYI, Romney's true tax rate is closer to 10%.)

50% of filers have zero federal income tax liability.

However all of those filers pay 15.3% payroll taxes on all their earned income. Meaning that many of them pay a higher tax rate than Romney, in spite of being poor. (The poor with children get welfare through the tax code, which roughly covers their payroll taxes.)

If Romney is not an employee that means he has no earned income or he is self-employed, in which case he would pay the 15.3% payroll tax on his salary. Why don't you post how much he paid in payroll taxes since you claim to have a copy of his 2010 tax return? Payroll taxes are not levied on capital gains.

Unless all of the poor you refer too are self-employed (they aren't) NONE of them pay a 15.3% payroll tax. In fact, the 'poor' got an extension for another year of the 2% reduction in their Soc Sec payments. That makes a Soc Sec tax rate of 4.2% and a Medicare tax rate of 1.45% paid by wage earners.

So recently, Romney pays never less than 13% in taxes....

:lol:

The verbal gymnastics one needs to spin this tax imbroglio into something that favors for Romney is truly laughable

Recently AND never, too?

Those that pay taxes in capital gains, paid first in income.
They are being taxed twice.
In Romney's case he paid the 39% in the 1990's as earned income, then is taxed again in capital gains.

If Romney is not an employee that means he has no earned income or he is self-employed, in which case he would pay the 15.3% payroll tax on his salary. Why don't you post how much he paid in payroll taxes since you claim to have a copy of his 2010 tax return? Payroll taxes are not levied on capital gains.

You stupid, worthless piece of shit... Romney makes hundreds of thousands of dollars "self-employed" as a speaker. I quote "self employed" because unlike middle-class self-employed people, others pay all of his expenses (which amounts to unreported compensation).

Even if Romney didn't pay any payroll taxes, what he did, or didn't pay, is included in his tax return. I was responding to Mascale uncertainty about if Romney's 13% includes payroll taxes. I wasn't inviting ignoranuses like yourself try to educate me that there are no payroll taxes on capital gains (no payroll taxes + lower income tax rates = double injustice against the middle-class).

Unless all of the poor you refer too are self-employed (they aren't) NONE of them pay a 15.3% payroll tax. In fact, the 'poor' got an extension for another year of the 2% reduction in their Soc Sec payments. That makes a Soc Sec tax rate of 4.2% and a Medicare tax rate of 1.45% paid by wage earners.

Fucktard, in reality, the employee pays all payroll taxes, even the half the employer officially pays. When employee and employer are negotiating compensation, the whole of payroll taxes is compensation, from the employer's perspective. (Speaking of who really pays payroll taxes, part of Romney's supposed taxes are payroll taxes for his domestic employees. He's reporting someone else's taxes as part of his own taxes, making it look like he's paying more than he actually is.)

You do not know what you are talking about.

Funny, that's what I was thinking about you.

This is a non issue. It's all the dems have and it's worn out it's welcome.

Irrelevant. Give Big Brother more Taxpayer Cash, and he'll just spend us more into Debt Hell. Taxpayers aren't the problem. The Government is. Hopefully one day, most Americans will come to realize that.

Forum List

Back