Romney vs. Clinton in 2016?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Although it is too early to develop any definitive conclusions, it seems to me that this would be a good matchup for the GOP. The next Presidential election will be decided in one of two ways: It will either be a referendum on Obama or a personality contest about "change." If the former, Romney would be able to tie Hillary to the Obama administration and give voters an opportunity to "undo" the 2012 election. Against almost any other opponent, Hillary would have an easier time distancing herself from Obama and offering voters a chance to elect a "new kind" (i.e., female) of President. At this point I don't see anyone else in the GOP field who could win against her.

What do you think?

I liked Romney, but there is a lot of time before the serious time to be talking before 2016. I would like to hear more from John Kasich, the successful governor from Ohio. Although he is a Republican, he gets the votes from Democrats in a heavily Democratic state. It's hard to win the presidency without Ohio.

Romney will NEVER get the nomination. If he does, there will be a revolt in the republican party and it will disintegrate.

Romney will NEVER get the nomination. If he does, there will be a revolt in the republican party and it will disintegrate.
That's why outside of a small but vocal internet portion of the GOP, Romney always does better in polling than any other 2016 GOP contenders

Far-rights need to get out of the way. Their beloved Ted Cruz can't even give an honest answer about sticking up for traditional marriage these days, and he's saying social issues need be placed on the back-burner so the GOP can campaign on economic and fiscal matters (Sen. Cruz on tea party s social focus) Which is exactly what Romney and any other establishment candidate would campaign on.

Last edited:
John Kasich....
I am liking it.

There's a guy who when it's time to stand up and speak can get a message out there.
Romney... nice guy but can't win over anyone other then the base.

That's why outside of a small but vocal internet portion of the GOP, Romney always does better in polling than any other 2016 GOP contenders

Far-rights need to get out of the way. Their beloved Ted Cruz can't even give an honest answer about sticking up for traditional marriage these days, and he's saying social issues need be placed on the back-burner so the GOP can campaign on economic and fiscal matters. Which is exactly what Romney and any establishment candidate would campaign on.

If he can't win twice, is third time a charm? Why not just get George H.W. Bush out of retirement? He's only served one term. Why don't the Republicans run him?

Far-rights need to get out of the way. Their beloved Ted Cruz can't even give an honest answer about sticking up for traditional marriage these days, and he's saying social issues need be placed on the back-burner so the GOP can campaign on economic and fiscal matters. Which is exactly what Romney and any establishment candidate would campaign on.

If he can't win twice, is third time a charm? Why not just get George H.W. Bush out of retirement? He's only served one term. Why don't the Republicans run him?
Thanks for addressing what I said about Turn-coat Cruz

I'm not saying run Romney, but the far-rights loathing for establishment candidates has become a detrimental joke. Especially when their boys, Rand and Cruz, sound more and more establishment with each passing week.

Thanks for addressing what I said about Turn-coat Cruz

I'm not saying run Romney, but the far-rights loathing for establishment candidates has become a detrimental joke. Especially when their boys, Rand and Cruz, sound more and more establishment with each passing week.
Oh, I'll not argue with you. I never maintained that Cruz and Rand weren't establishment, they are. The only thing I'd trust either to do is to create concentration camps full of illegals to satisfy the nationalist bigots salivating for blood.

Then they'd turn around and support the TPP so corporations have a loop hole to import more foreign underpaid workers while flooding the market with green cards. So what's the difference? Jobs lost to Americans for corporate profit is the same either way. . .

John Kasich....
I am liking it.

There's a guy who when it's time to stand up and speak can get a message out there.
Romney... nice guy but can't win over anyone other then the base.

Kasich...I'm liking it too if he gets the nomination. The Sominex candidate.

Didn't it take Reagan three times? I sense some fear out there...

The only fear liberals have about facing Governor Romney in an election is paying the bar tab for his supporter(s) after he loses again.

Don't think so,not for president any
Nether Romney nor Clinton will get get past the primaries if they run. Have no idea who will it will be but real sure it won't be them.

Forum List

Back