Romney privatized gains, socialized losses

t
What’s clear from a review of the public record during his management of the private-equity firm Bain Capital from 1985 to 1999 is that Romney was fabulously successful in generating high returns for its investors. He did so, in large part, through heavy use of tax-deductible debt, usually to finance outsized dividends for the firm’s partners and investors. When some of the investments went bad, workers and creditors felt most of the pain. Romney privatized the gains and socialized the losses.

Romney

That is the name of the game. private sector makes the gambles, pockets the profit and lets the US taxpayers pay off the loss. but then the repubs on USMB, Think it is poor that pay no taxes as the real culprit in the downfall of the US.

That is the name of the game. private sector makes the gambles, pockets the profit and lets the US taxpayers pay off the loss

Yeah, but enough about the Democrats and Fannie and Freddie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W397rkQX8Cg&feature=related]McCain anti-Romney ad '08 - YouTube[/ame]

The laws of the USA are designed to help the rich get richer and to buy the votes of the poor, all on the backs of the middle-class.

Romney's actions were both immoral and legal, but there's hardly anyone to object to these laws. The Democrat shitheads don't object to the laws, they just object to Romney. The Tea Party shitheads are running around demanding tax increases on the middle class to fund more tax cuts for the rich (except, they don't know what they're demanding).

What’s clear from a review of the public record during his management of the private-equity firm Bain Capital from 1985 to 1999 is that Romney was fabulously successful in generating high returns for its investors. He did so, in large part, through heavy use of tax-deductible debt, usually to finance outsized dividends for the firm’s partners and investors. When some of the investments went bad, workers and creditors felt most of the pain. Romney privatized the gains and socialized the losses.

Romney

Romney’s eminently qualified to be a robber baron; president of the United States, not.

The laws of the USA are designed to help the rich get richer and to buy the votes of the poor, all on the backs of the middle-class.

Romney's actions were both immoral and legal, but there's hardly anyone to object to these laws. The Democrat shitheads don't object to the laws, they just object to Romney. The Tea Party shitheads are running around demanding tax increases on the middle class to fund more tax cuts for the rich (except, they don't know what they're demanding).

This post nails it.

When all the dust clears, this is really the bottom line. We THINK we live in a democracy/republic, our votes count but really, go back to the beginning, any time, any place on the planet and what you see is a caste system.

What we're seeing now is the GObP/R/bags/KochsCanBuyUsAllSeveralTimesOver, go vote or stay home but the Kochs are calling the shots.

The rest is all illusion.

What really pisses me off is that if Mittens is "elected", Wall Street will be in the crapper for the duration. That means I'll lose every cent I've worked for and I'm too fucking old to get a job. On top of that, the successful business I left to my kid will probably go under because of the taxes Mittens has planned for us all.

Yeah, I've really enjoyed the tax breaks Obama has given us and I don't want to give them up to such scum as Norquist, Rove, Norquist and the rest of that bunch of scumbags.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPtjyqgZAUk&feature=player_embedded]Goodfellas Restaurant Scene - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone else see any similarities?​

Wah wah wah Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Put Suicide Prevention on speed dial when Obummber loses 57 states in Novemner

redherring.jpg

t

Romney

That is the name of the game. private sector makes the gambles, pockets the profit and lets the US taxpayers pay off the loss. but then the repubs on USMB, Think it is poor that pay no taxes as the real culprit in the downfall of the US.

That's what was happening with the old federally guaranteed student loan program before the Obama administration put an end to it. Banks raked in the interest payment profits for the former students who repaid their loans, and the taxpayer got stuck with the tab when former students defaulted (like with diploma mills, for example). So, tell me, where was there any incentive for banks to do anything other than pass out loans like candy, even when the diploma mills offered essentially worthless degrees that would never help a former student get a job in their field of study?

The banks cried foul when the process was ended. So, did conservatives. The very conservatives who decry runaway spending, by the way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back