Romney on "Crony Capitalism?" ... hahahahahahaha .....

O.k., so you buy a company, you load it up with debt, and walk out with big profits.

Let's just set aside the fact for a moment that you've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to contribute to the well being of your fellow man, and essentially have engaged in an act of parasitism ....

Who is it that suffered when that company bit the dust?

Look there and then you have a more important question ... one that puts the absolute and complete hypocrisy of Romney's recitation of the term "Crony Capitalism" this evening in the bright light of the sun ---

How did you get banks to loan you the money to load the company with debt to begin with?

Is it, perhaps, because you know powerful people well-placed within the bank whom you've greased with gifts, favors and maybe even out and out bribes over the years?

Hell, that V.P. or CFO or CEO or that cadre of corporate officers who are in your pocket ... hell ... it's not like it's THEIR money .. right?

How did Bain get banks to loan them money?

Maybe it's because your supposition is wildly incorrect and you have no idea what's going on.

O.k., so you buy a company, you load it up with debt, and walk out with big profits.

Let's just set aside the fact for a moment that you've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to contribute to the well being of your fellow man, and essentially have engaged in an act of parasitism ....

Look there and then you have a more important question ... one that puts the absolute and complete hypocrisy of Romney's recitation of the term "Crony Capitalism" this evening in the bright light of the sun ---

How did you get banks to loan you the money to load the company with debt to begin with?

Is it, perhaps, because you know powerful people well-placed within the bank whom you've greased with gifts, favors and maybe even out and out bribes over the years?

Hell, that V.P. or CFO or CEO or that cadre of corporate officers who are in your pocket ... hell ... it's not like it's THEIR money .. right?

Hmmm...somebody needs a dictionary.

Crony Capitalism - An economy that is nominally free-market, but allows for preferential regulation and other favorable government intervention based on personal relationships.

Yea, you definitely need a dictionary. Good luck with that.

I'm just SO thankful our current President doesn't engage in crony capitalism...:eusa_whistle:

How did Bain get banks to loan them money?

Maybe it's because your supposition is wildly incorrect and you have no idea what's going on.

It's very simple how they got them to loan them money. In the case of AmPad, AmPad was a respected company with a 100 year history and lots of tangible assets - factories, brand names, etc.

It's like the Resturant Scam in Goodfellas. They get the chump to take out all the loans, they make a profit selling off the assets, and then they torch the place.

There is no shame in working for McDonalds. Not everyone is capable of reaching CEO status. I don't know why you think it's ok to demean honest work for your petty bullshit.

Not demeaning the worker, just the attitude behind the idea- Low pay, no skill, no benefits, all to make rich douchebags richer...

And if folks like Romney have their way, soon to be the only kind of jobs available in this country. and we'd better learn to like it.

I assume you never eat at a fast food restaurant then... right?

As of today, I have the options of:

A serial cheater, who lied before the ethics committee, faced 84 ethics violations charges and wiggled off of the majority - which says more about the unethical behavior of the committee than it does about his 'innocence'. A DC-insider. Corrupt, unethical, lying, cheating scum bag who uses God like a formal jacket that he cloaks himself in when convenient.

A hard working, successful, wealthy, flawed individual who, while I don't agree with him on many policies.... at least has the experience to manage the economy and, by doing so, create a solid foundation for the private sector to drive us out of recession.

Or... I can do a write in.

So - unless someone proves to me that Romney is not worthy of the Office of President, he gets my vote.

Logic over emotion. And it's as easy as that.
Seriously good post, California Girl. It tells it like it is.

It's very simple how they got them to loan them money. In the case of AmPad, AmPad was a respected company with a 100 year history and lots of tangible assets - factories, brand names, etc.

It's like the Resturant Scam in Goodfellas. They get the chump to take out all the loans, they make a profit selling off the assets, and then they torch the place.

IOW, banks are stupid. That's why they keep loaning money to Bain over and over and over again.

That's what I'd expect someone who doesn't understand capitalism to say.

IOW, banks are stupid. That's why they keep loaning money to Bain over and over and over again.

Actually I think they may look at their Actuarial Tables and figure that if he lands us one good one it pays for the bad ones. Besides, they are leveraging the assets of the company so in bankruptcy they at least get something on the dollar for even the failures. Of course the original owners get squat.

Last edited:

Actually I think they may look at their Actuarial Tables and figure that if he lands us one good one it pays for the bad ones. Besides, they are leveraging the assets of the company so in bankruptcy they at least get something on the dollar for even the failures. Of course the original owners get squat.

Banks don't do that.

And I have no idea what you mean by that last sentence. The original owners get the money that they were paid in the deal.

Last edited:

Why can't you fucking Idiot get it. Bain didn't Make anything Fail. They Took risks in start ups, and Struggling Companies and some of them failed. MOST OF THEM did not.

Crony Capitalism is when Government rewards Business owned by Donors. You know, Like Obama does CONSTANTLY.

Guy, when your industry crashes the economy, you don't get to tell me how smart you are.

A serial cheater, who lied before the ethics committee, faced 84 ethics violations charges and wiggled off of the majority - which says more about the unethical behavior of the committee than it does about his 'innocence'. A DC-insider. Corrupt, unethical, lying, cheating scum bag who uses God like a formal jacket that he cloaks himself in when convenient.

A hard working, successful, wealthy, flawed individual who, while I don't agree with him on many policies.... at least has the experience to manage the economy and, by doing so, create a solid foundation for the private sector to drive us out of recession.

So - unless someone proves to me that Romney is not worthy of the Office of President, he gets my vote.

YOu wouldn't know logic if it bit you in the ass.

He's a Mormon. That means he believes God was talking to Joseph Smith. Con Man and Pedophile.

That automatically- and logically- disqualifies him from being president.

If you think God was talking to Joseph Smith, you just don't have the reasoning skills to have the nukes. Sorry.

Coming from someone who has to misquote Romney in order to keep his own emotion-based "logic", you should be 'sorry'.

You're too stupid to understand the word 'logic'. But, since that's not my fault, I won't apologize for it.

Vote for Gingrich - liars should vote for liars.

Guy, when your industry crashes the economy, you don't get to tell me how smart you are.

No 'industry' crashed the economy. See, that's why I don't value your opinion. You have to lie to make your point. Therefore, your point is bullshit.

YOu wouldn't know logic if it bit you in the ass.

He's a Mormon. That means he believes God was talking to Joseph Smith. Con Man and Pedophile.

That automatically- and logically- disqualifies him from being president.

If you think God was talking to Joseph Smith, you just don't have the reasoning skills to have the nukes. Sorry.

Coming from someone who has to misquote Romney in order to keep his own emotion-based "logic", you should be 'sorry'.

You're too stupid to understand the word 'logic'. But, since that's not my fault, I won't apologize for it.

Vote for Gingrich - liars should vote for liars.

I understand it perfectly well. Mitt Romney. Insane cultist, Plutocratic Bully.

That statement was perfectly IN context for Romney. He was saying, "I like to be able to use my wealth to push people around".

Because, honestly, Average Joe doesn't have the ability to fire his insurance company. Especially if he's sick and needs treatment. For most of us, insurance is hoping they don't cheat you, because they will if they think they can get away with it.

Which Romney is ooooh, soo fine with.

No 'industry' crashed the economy. See, that's why I don't value your opinion. You have to lie to make your point. Therefore, your point is bullshit.

YOu live in some fantasy world where the Banking Industry, with sub-prime mortgages, bundling, zero-down loans and all the other nonsense that went on, wasn't responsible for this last crash?

Oh, wait, you probably think it was poor people buying houses.

Yes, ruined lives and diminished economic power for the middle class is something that resonates with people in the real world.

Sorry you can't see that.

Romney- The McJobs Creator...

There is no shame in working for McDonalds. Not everyone is capable of reaching CEO status. I don't know why you think it's ok to demean honest work for your petty bullshit.

The problem is, there's a hell of a lot more in between McDonald's and CEO. At least there should be.... but it seems that those "in between" positions are dwindling and the McDonald's level positions are growing. The CEO's? They're doing better than they ever have in the history of the United States.... at the expense of those "in-between-ers"

But you don't believe that. I know... I'm talking to a wall.....again.

You're not 'talking to a wall'... to a large degree, I agree with you. Where we disagree, possibly, is how we fix that. I am not as interested in 'blame' as I am in solutions. I am tired of partisan bullshit between the parties. Both carry an equal amount of guilt - if one considers the whole situation logically, rather than considering parts of the problem in isolation and bitching about the actions of one side, while ignoring the actions of the other.

There are ways to fix this. To me, having considered all the options (including... :eek: voting for Obama...:eek:) my opinion is that Romney has the best experience to create the stable economic foundation that the country needs.

YOu live in some fantasy world where the Banking Industry, with sub-prime mortgages, bundling, zero-down loans and all the other nonsense that went on, wasn't responsible for this last crash?

I have repeatedly stated that the banking industry was, partially, responsible. Key word: partially. Unlike you, I consider the whole picture - the banking industry, our politicians, and the responsibility of ordinary Americans... and I hold them all accountable for their actions.

There was not one problem, as - again - I have repeated stated (because it is true).... there was a whole set of separate, issues that came crashing down in a 'perfect storm'. Some of those problems were ours as a country.... some of them were global. Certain people prefer to consider the reality of the whole clusterfuck, rather than pretend there is someone else to 'blame'.

And.... please stop pretending you know how I think.... you lack the capacity to do so.

You're not 'talking to a wall'... to a large degree, I agree with you. Where we disagree, possibly, is how we fix that. I am not as interested in 'blame' as I am in solutions. I am tired of partisan bullshit between the parties. Both carry an equal amount of guilt - if one considers the whole situation logically, rather than considering parts of the problem in isolation and bitching about the actions of one side, while ignoring the actions of the other.

There are ways to fix this. To me, having considered all the options (including... :eek: voting for Obama...:eek:) my opinion is that Romney has the best experience to create the stable economic foundation that the country needs.

Tell that to the folks who used to work at AmPad.

Romney would be horrible because he has no human decency or empathy. Oh, his fixes might be really good for big corporations, but they are going to do fine no matter who is in charge.

I want a guy who is looking out for the rest of us, thank you.

I have repeatedly stated that the banking industry was, partially, responsible. Key word: partially. Unlike you, I consider the whole picture - the banking industry, our politicians, and the responsibility of ordinary Americans... and I hold them all accountable for their actions.

There was not one problem, as - again - I have repeated stated (because it is true).... there was a whole set of separate, issues that came crashing down in a 'perfect storm'. Some of those problems were ours as a country.... some of them were global. Certain people prefer to consider the reality of the whole clusterfuck, rather than pretend there is someone else to 'blame'.

And.... please stop pretending you know how I think.... you lack the capacity to do so.

I think I've got you pretty well pegged. Angry apologist for greed, with very little human empathy. It was bad enough for your sort when Democrats said, "Wait a minute" to the bad behavior, but now Republicans are starting to say it, too.

And blaming Joe Working guy for daring to want to own his own home while working hard(how dare he) when the banking industry was up all night thinking up new schemes to separate him from his money is a bit disingenuous, doncha think.

Even if Joe Working guy had 1% of the blame, he's carrying a lot more than 1% of the consequences of this disaster. Meanwhile, the Banksters got their bailouts, they got their bonuses, not a one of them has gone to jail yet.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I am still taking a beating. The people who did do things wrong are being rewarded, handsomely. Now, you might callt his "emotionalism", but I think anger is the ONLY appropriate response to this state of affairs.

And they are the ones Pushing Mittens, so they can go on the ride again.

Romney would be horrible because he has no human decency or empathy. Oh, his fixes might be really good for big corporations, but they are going to do fine no matter who is in charge.

Why do you lie so much? This guy shut his firm down to look for an employee's missing daughter.

Now list me all the other businessmen who have done that.

I'll wait.

Why do you lie so much? This guy shut his firm down to look for an employee's missing daughter.

I'll wait.

You're trying to reason with someone who has no ability to reason. He deliberately misquotes Romney in order to justify his moronic rambling.

I'll wait.

One more time. He didn't look for an "employees" missing daughter.

He looked for an EXECUTIVE'S rich daughter.

If it was Joe down in purchasing whose daughter was missing, he'd have probably docked his pay for taking time off.

Forum List

Back