Romney Is Way Too Rich!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by beretta304, Sep 20, 2012.

1. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Champagne tower hidden at Jay-Z and Beyonce’s fundraiser for Obama - The Reliable Source - The Washington Post

[​IMG]

Hey, where’s the bubbly? The landmark feature at Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club in Manhattan is a dazzling, 18-foot champagne tower — 350 gold bottles in all, from what’s said to be his favorite brand, Armand de Brignac — a highlight of the nightspot’s $10 million renovation earlier this year. But at the hip-hop mogul’s fundraiser for President Obama Tuesday night, the wall of glitz was discreetly covered up under a dark dropcloth, reports our colleague Amy Gardner. Hmmm — an optics thing, you think?

Only a few gleaming bottles near the top were visible. Guests, who paid $40K each for the privilege of attending, did however enjoy champers served in flutes.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    No one cares if people are rich...

they care if people are rich and don't give a rat's patoot about anyone else.

i know that's complicated for obama deranged ranring rightwingnut twits.

ah well...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,003
    Actually, Romney is just waaaaaay too stupid.

4. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    How is pointing out someone else is rich proving anything?

I guess we could compare how Jay Z grew up compared to Romney, but there is no point. I am sure Jay Z doesn't feel the same way towards poor people as Romney does, you know since he grew up in projects and all.

5. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    Not one person in this 145-post thread could give an example of personal charity on the part of Barack Obama:
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/247753-mitt-romney-friend-in-need.html

Mitt Romney is a frigging SAINT next to Obama, giving of his money, his personal time, and even saving actual lives when needed. What's more, he's got the perfect skill set for what this country needs now.

Barack Obama is a con-man, whose own brother lives in worse poverty than what we as Americans can wrap our minds around.

6. Murf76

Murf76 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +594
    You folks seem to always forget that Barack Obama is also a "rich man", who by his deeds actually doesn't "give a rat's patoot about anyone else".

7. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816

Uhhh Jill... people have the freedom to give a rat's ass or not.. to be jerks or not.. to be generous or not... to be bigots or not... to be lazy or not.... and whether you like it or not, you don't get to force them otherwise because you disagree

8. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    Really thought that was a good way to get to know a man who well may be President in next January. I sure hope so. We have an awful 16-trillion dollar debt that could use a good shove out the door. It isn't going to get shoved out with all the promises Obama will be making to get the something-for-nothing crowd voting for him.

Thanks for the link to the video, Murf. Here's Mitt:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_cGyPwt5UI]Mitt Romney: Introduction - YouTube[/ame]

9. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    I think that most intelligent people don't want to give their money to the 1% while the 1% takes jobs out of the country.

That's also why rw's love the 1% == They really are that stupid.

If rw's are so in favor of giving their money to Mitt's friends, let them. I'll be keeping my money though and I'll use part of it just as I always have and as other small business owners have - creating jobs.

10. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    We have several years of President and Mrs Obama's tax returns so we know exactly how much they have given to charity.

We have yet to see even one entire year of Mitten's tax returns and since he has lied about almost everything else (including his tax returns), we have no idea how much he has given.

The Obama's cannot begin to compete with the incredible wealth of the Romneys.

The Obama's have worked very hard to help our inner city kids AND our military.

Romney and his wife have a horse.