Romney is losing Massachusetts by 20 points

...give or take a few.

Question:

Has any other presidential candidate ever been such a terrible governor that he ended up losing the state he was governor of by that huge a margin???

Actually considering what he had to work with(Democratic legislature)he was not a terrible Governor.

Romney's first couple of years in office were spent dealing with my state’s budget crisis. He was successful in closing the budget shortfall without raising the state sales or income tax. Property taxes went up however. He raised revenues and cut spending.

Job growth happened but was pretty slow although unemployment did go down while he was Governor.

I would say he was a mixed bag as a Governor in a state of all Ds but he would still be a much better President than Obama imo. Terrible? No one I know who lives in Mass would agree he was "terrible" unless they are partisan hacks.

you don't get out enough

when he bothered to hang around at all, he was mediocre

the last 2+ years of his term, he was running around the country pandering to the base.

he sucked.

Your opinion. And I am out and about quite a bit. I am not a fan of his but I would hardly say he was terrible.

What base? He is hardly a neocon or a deep south Christian rightie. Who is his base in your view?

He is a GOPer so yeah he has a base of Rs. lol

The people in Romney's home state know him. It's why he's losing by so much. He had a 34% approval rating.

Romney had over 800 vetoes in his home state and 707 overrides by the Democrats. So goes the "myth" of bipartisanship.

Democrats will vote for Republicans if they trust them. Remember, the Democratic Party is a coalition party. It is open to ideas and policies from anyone if they make sense. Those in Mass believe Scott Brown will work across the isle. Personally, I don't believe it, but I don't live there.

The Republicans Party is 90% white. There is no group to draw them back to the center. We've been through all the zany things their leaders have said for the last 2 years and in spite of that, the base will only believe what they want to. Even when their leaders say the opposite.

A party that's 90% white who votes for a white guy who is a proven liar. Amazing. Or not.

Actually considering what he had to work with(Democratic legislature)he was not a terrible Governor.

Romney's first couple of years in office were spent dealing with my state’s budget crisis. He was successful in closing the budget shortfall without raising the state sales or income tax. Property taxes went up however. He raised revenues and cut spending.

Job growth happened but was pretty slow although unemployment did go down while he was Governor.

I would say he was a mixed bag as a Governor in a state of all Ds but he would still be a much better President than Obama imo. Terrible? No one I know who lives in Mass would agree he was "terrible" unless they are partisan hacks.

you don't get out enough

when he bothered to hang around at all, he was mediocre

the last 2+ years of his term, he was running around the country pandering to the base.

he sucked.

Your opinion. And I am out and about quite a bit. I am not a fan of his but I would hardly say he was terrible.

What base? He is hardly a neocon or a deep south Christian rightie. Who is his base in your view?

He is a GOPer so yeah he has a base of Rs. lol

depends on what day it is and who he's in front of, really.

at least if he'd resigned, we might have been spared deval.

just for that, he sucks

The people in Romney's home state know him. It's why he's losing by so much. He had a 34% approval rating.

Romney had over 800 vetoes in his home state and 707 overrides by the Democrats. So goes the "myth" of bipartisanship.

Democrats will vote for Republicans if they trust them. Remember, the Democratic Party is a coalition party. It is open to ideas and policies from anyone if they make sense. Those in Mass believe Scott Brown will work across the isle. Personally, I don't believe it, but I don't live there.

The Republicans Party is 90% white. There is no group to draw them back to the center. We've been through all the zany things their leaders have said for the last 2 years and in spite of that, the base will only believe what they want to. Even when their leaders say the opposite.

A party that's 90% white who votes for a white guy who is a proven liar. Amazing. Or not.

Those in Mass believe Scott Brown will work across the isle. Personally, I don't believe it, but I don't live there

Nothing to believe. Check his record.

Democrats will vote for Republicans if they trust them

So the Ds trusted Romney? How did the big bag R Romney get elected in Mass, a state with so few Rs?

i'm pretty sure he didn't lose it by 20 points.

speaking of points, did you have one?

Yep he 'do', it's right there on the top of his head.

That was original...

Did someone help you?

Of course not; unlike you I can express myself. I don't recall you ever posting anything of substance or any post which went into a second paragraph. You're one of the dumber members of the US Message Board, but, of course, that's simply my opinion.

CrusaderFrank, Stephanie, Willow Tree, Odd-dude and Grampa Murked U all believe you're a genius (or at least dull normal), I simply don't see you as anywhere near 90 IQ.

Last edited:

Those in Mass believe Scott Brown will work across the isle. Personally, I don't believe it, but I don't live there

So the Ds trusted Romney? How did the big bag R Romney get elected in Mass, a state with so few Rs?

lots of independents and an opponent that turned herself into a joke.

So then the people of Mass. spoke with their vote. Problem?

i'm pretty sure he didn't lose it by 20 points.

speaking of points, did you have one?

Yeah... people lose their home states...

Big fucking deal...

Move On...

thanks for sharing

you seem cranky...

He seems "cranky"? Damn del you're too polite. He's an ASSHOLE as well as one of the dumbest persons to post on this message board (of course this is only my opinion, I'm sure many persons in prison agree with him).

So then the people of Mass. spoke with their vote. Problem?

not at all.

i voted for him. he sucked.

no problem.

Oddly enough I did not vote for him and will not this election. Mixed reasons why but I still do not think he was terrible. Personal perspective in the end.

Obama sucks pretty bad in my opinion. I do not think Clinton sucked and I voted for him first term because I was pissed at George HW Bush for breaking his tax claim.

I want a thinking moderate and that is hard to find on the national stage.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Romney will lose Massachusetts and his home state of Michigan
Paul Ryan will lose Wisconsin
John Boehner will lose Ohio

Shows Republican polling power

Romney will lose Massachusetts

Not really a huge newsflash. Cradle to grave Dems ya know. They vote Ds only as do some unregistered who vote D every time.

Not really a huge newsflash. Cradle to grave Dems ya know. They vote Ds only as do some unregistered who vote D every time.

They voted Scott Brown (R)........once

They voted Scott Brown (R)........once

Really? I had no idea! :lol:

Yeah and a few R governors but most of the time in the local races the D is running unchallenged.

I don't know about how he got elected, but I see he can't even carry his home state in the election. Oh, let me guess... he's doing such a great job as governor, the citizens don't want to vote him into the presidency.

Those selfish bastards.

I don't know about how he got elected, but I see he can't even carry his home state in the election. Oh, let me guess... he's doing such a great job as governor, the citizens don't want to vote him into the presidency.

Those selfish bastards.

Oh, let me guess... he's doing such a great job as governor, the citizens don't want to vote him into the presidency.

He is not the Governor of Ma anymore. :lol:

Gov. Patrick is my Governor.

Forum List

Back