Romney conceeds Iowa to Santorum

You realize it's changed nothing? They both get the same amount of delagates. Any possible momentum has already gone to Romney.

I sincerely doubt Newt has as good a chance in SC as some people are predicting.

You realize it's changed nothing? They both get the same amount of delagates. Any possible momentum has already gone to Romney.

I sincerely doubt Newt has as good a chance in SC as some people are predicting.

Iowa does not award delegates based on popular vote count. Those delegates are chosen after a long process of conventions from the local level all the way to the state level.

No one has any clue who got what delegates so far in Iowa, we won't know until Spring sometime.

HOw's that frivilous lawsuit going in VA?

Dismissed. As it probably should have been. My question is how many electoral votes are available in VA?

Irrelevant for the primary

You mam are correct. I stopped after work for a few drinks and used the wrong term. But you know what I ment I'm sure.

Let me rephrase the question....and please don't take offense.

Why are you always so damn stiff and "matter of fact"?

Posting here doesn't increase your social status nor improve your personal life so loosen up q bit.

HOw's that frivilous lawsuit going in VA?

Dismissed. As it probably should have been. My question is how many electoral votes are available in VA?

Virginia has 12 electoral votes in the electoral college. But that won't matter until November. In the meantime, it has almost 50 delegates up for grabs for the primary, as such:

Tuesday 6 March 2012: 46 of 49 of Virginia's delegates to the Republican National Convention are pledged to presidential contenders in today's Virginia Presidential Primary.
33 district delegates are to be bound to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the 11 congressional districts: each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates and the presidential contender receiving the greatest number of votes in that district will receive all 3 of that district's National Convention delegates.

13 at-large delegates (10 base at-large delegates plus 3 bonus delegates) are to be bound to presidential contenders based on the primary results statewide. Compute percentages to 3 decimal places, that is, 50.000%. The delegates are allocated to the presidential contenders as follows:

If a candidate receives 50.001% or more of the vote, that candidate is allocated all 13 at-large delegates.

If no candidate receives 50.001% or more of the vote, the 13 at-large delegates are allocated proportionally among those candidates receiving 15.000% or more of the vote. Rounding rules: Beginning with the candidate receiving the largest number of votes, round the fraction to the next whole number of delegates. Continue this process with the next highest vote getter and repeat until all the delegates are allocated.

And by the way it does change a couple things. The perception of momentum and inevitability

Which is entirely a media driven phenomenon. In reality there's no reason to assume that because someone won the first couple states, that the race is over. But leave it to the media to decide a winner for us.

BREAKING: Romney calls Santorum – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Santorum wins Iowa

Romney wins NH

Newt has now pulled a lead in SC

We have a race folks.

At this juncture. The only way the GOP draws my vote will be through the actions of the house. Do they hold the line on spending or continue to fold?

Doesnt look good does it?

I understand your dismay. I really do, but let me offer this observation.

In 2010 a clear message was sent to both congress as well as the GOP. A message of CUT SPENDING.

I think congress has done the best they can considering the position of power they hold. I won't hold any current potus hopeful responsible for disasters of the past.

Look at it this way. You may vote 3rd party or write in to "send a message". Thing is if they didn't get the message from the 2010 elections along with all the protests they're not gonna get it. At this point no matter your motive we all know a vote for anyone non gop is a vote for Obama and he may win because of it. So why not give the gop a chance to prove they got the message that Obama clearly didn't get? Essentially you got nothing to lose because if enough people vote like you we will continue on the path Obama has set. Take a chance and let the gop show that they got the message rather than assuming they didn't and consequently hand the reins back to Obama.

After all you can only vote for one senator and we need far more than one to achieve our goal. Take a chance and play the odds and at the same time make your senate vote the back up plan not the main one.

Santorum wins Iowa

Romney wins NH

We have a race folks.

At this juncture. The only way the GOP draws my vote will be through the actions of the house. Do they hold the line on spending or continue to fold?

In 2010 a clear message was sent to both congress as well as the GOP. A message of CUT SPENDING.

I think congress has done the best they can considering the position of power they hold. I won't hold any current potus hopeful responsible for disasters of the past.

Look at it this way. You may vote 3rd party or write in to "send a message". Thing is if they didn't get the message from the 2010 elections along with all the protests they're not gonna get it. At this point no matter your motive we all know a vote for anyone non gop is a vote for Obama and he may win because of it. So why not give the gop a chance to prove they got the message that Obama clearly didn't get? Essentially you got nothing to lose because if enough people vote like you we will continue on the path Obama has set. Take a chance and let the gop show that they got the message rather than assuming they didn't and consequently hand the reins back to Obama.

After all you can only vote for one senator and we need far more than one to achieve our goal. Take a chance and play the odds and at the same time make your senate vote the back up plan not the main one.

I am not just going to go along because we need Obama out of office.

Both parties have just voted to strip rights.

Now if you want my vote it will be because you have earned it through action and not promise.

Santorum wins Iowa

Romney wins NH

We have a race folks.

How about no.

The GOP has had decades to prove themselves. They've given us no reason to assume they REALLY DO want to be conservatives. They were conservative as fuck when they had congress and Clinton had the WH which was out of spite, and then they had it all for 6 years with Bush and showed their true colors.

They deserve no benefit of any doubt whatsoever.

Forum List

Back