Roethlisberger is an Asshole

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Toro, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,012
  2. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    I saw Bradshaw rip him, and Bradshaw likes EVRYBODY.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,279
    I don't know much about this story, but I have a real hard time believing that celebrities who can have just about any woman they want, would stoop to raping one.

4. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    Rape isn't about sex. It is about power. So yeah, even though any just about any woman would sleep with him, it is not out of the realm of possibilities. I'm not saying that it happened, just that it is possible.

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,279
    I can kind of see that point, but it's so much more powerful to have the women crawling at your feet begging YOU for the dick, rather than grabbing a random drunk chick in a bar and having your bodyguards cover you while you bang it out real quick. That just seems so much less powerful to me. And rape can be, and is, just about sex sometimes.

And then there's the issue of motive. Who has more motivation here...Ben catching a cheap thrill at the risk of his entire career, livelihood, and freedom...or a random female nobody who knows it'll be payday because she's seen it happen many times already, a-la Kobe, for one?

I'm sure some female poster on here will be along eventually to lambaste me for that, but I don't care. I defer to logic in cases like this, especially when the evidence is merely her word against his.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  6. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    I was under the impression that an intoxicated person couldn't legally consent to sex anyways?

Why is this not a criminal case? Another bullshit example of american legal duplicity where the celebrity/royalty class plays by their own rules.

7. goldcatt

goldcatt Catch me if you can! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,331
    Actually you have a point here. It's sad but human nature, when it's he said/she said and both sides have motivation to lie who do you believe? To be honest I doubt either side is telling the whole truth, but without knowing more or knowing the people involved it's hard to tell exactly how they're lying.

8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,279
    The innocent side has no motivation to lie though, because the truth should be what sets them free.

It has to come down to motive, and I just see a bigger motive on the side of the woman here. She has more to gain by lying about this than Ben would have by raping her.

I probably wouldn't be so apt to take that position if not for the plethora of cases over the years where a celebrity was accused of a crime and ended up paying the plaintiff large sums of money, guilty verdict or not.

9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,012
    What is his motivation? That he wanted to have sex, and he gets what he wants.

Celebrities and professional athletes have a sense of entitlement, that no one can say no to them and they can get anything they want. So when someone does say no, they feel entitled to it anyways and just take it. In some ways, they are kind of like the mob, only without the guns and brutality.

This isn't the first time Roethlisberger has been accused of this, and that includes other incidences besides the woman in Colorado. Almost always, when you hear about some guy doing this over and over, there is a big element of truth to it.

10. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194

From this, and trying to be objective, it sure sounds like the he didn't keep his dick in his pants after all, and she wasn't 'asking' for it either.