Roethlisberger is an Asshole

At this point she's going to get paid whether he raped her or not.

IIRC, the Steelers have run stars out of town for far lesser offenses than this (and let's even assume he's not guilty of rape)

how long before he's in oakland?

I haven't read much about this case, just because I'm tired of reading about them. However, I have to ask this, what was the girl underage doing in the club in the first place if she was in fact underage?

I'm not trying to excuse what Ben did, but I have to agree with Paulie with the fact that she stands to gain a lot from this through a civil suit since Ben has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion.

I haven't read much about this case, just because I'm tired of reading about them. However, I have to ask this, what was the girl underage doing in the club in the first place if she was in fact underage?

I'm not trying to excuse what Ben did, but I have to agree with Paulie with the fact that she stands to gain a lot from this through a civil suit since Ben has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion.

Right, skip pressing charges and go right for the money.

Yeah, that's not a dead giveaway at ALL. :rolleyes:

i think even if ben is cleared of all charges, the steelers will still run him.

As long as Ben keeps winning. Steelers can act morally outraged all they want, but they will be signing his checks for years to come. If not them, another team will gladly do so.

Right, skip pressing charges and go right for the money.

Yeah, that's not a dead giveaway at ALL. :rolleyes:

The girl is not pressing charges. The DA is not pressing charges. That doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong.

It seems that both the Steelers and the NFL think he did something wrong since he is likely to be suspended for at least one game. And when given the opportunity to refute the possibility of trading him, Art Rooney did not rule it out. Not to mention that he has already publicly apologized.

Here is a word I never want to see in a police report for my QB: "penis." And if you are apologizing for doing something that resulted in the word "penis" being printed in a police report which could get you suspended for at least a game, then you've done something seriously wrong. Maybe you haven't legally "raped" a woman, but you've greatly embarrassed yourself and your employers.

Last edited:

As long as Ben keeps winning. Steelers can act morally outraged all they want, but they will be signing his checks for years to come. If not them, another team will gladly do so.

another team, yes.

I'm a big Steelers fan, and I'd think less of the team if they kept him at this point. Whether he's a rapist or not he's embarrassed his team by being an asshole. That's not what they stand for or what a lot of their fans will tolerate.

So where will he likely end up?

another team, yes.

I'm a big Steelers fan, and I'd think less of the team if they kept him at this point. Whether he's a rapist or not he's embarrassed his team by being an asshole. That's not what they stand for or what a lot of their fans will tolerate.

On a reality show with Brett Michaels, The Octomom, the Tattooed Lady that screwed Sandra Bullock's husband, and PI.

another team, yes.

As long as he didn't kill a dog, we'll take him.

I dunno if it's been mentioned but I heard on the radio yesterday that the cop who took the report has resigned over this.

Big Ben is a shady guy at best.

Yeah he's an asshole, but he can play. Which means somebody will pay him.

He's not too bright either.

Let's not forget we are talking about a man (and I use that term VERY loosely here) who crashed a motorcycle while not wearing a helmet a few off-seasons ago.

Am I missing something here? The woman's statement was that she said "no" multiple times but that they still had sex.

How is that not rape?

It doesn't have to be forcible rape to be rape, especially when the victim is intoxicated and states that they don't want to participate.

The woman's statement is good enough for you to convict the guy?

No. Just enough to charge him and give him his day in court.

I don't know that anybody is saying her claims, if true, aren't rape. I'm certainly not.

It's simply whether she's telling the truth, looking for a payday, or something in between.

Anybody can say anything to the media, and they do. The fact that this is a civil suit rather than a criminal case raises a question for me. As does the fact that she is actively seeking out the media through her agents. It could very well be she is telling the truth and feels the need to defend herself against the celebrity PR machine. Or not. I don't know, but there have been enough of these claims against various celebs turn out to be false to take everything said to and in the media at face value. It's just too hard to judge.

If the issue at hand is any form of sexual assault, how can there not be a criminal component to it?

It's not a rhetorical question, I am truly curious.

Am I missing something here? The woman's statement was that she said "no" multiple times but that they still had sex.

How is that not rape?

It doesn't have to be forcible rape to be rape, especially when the victim is intoxicated and states that they don't want to participate.

Something about the lack of charges being pressed stinks to me.

Something about the lack of charges being pressed stinks to me.

Yeah, I agree that the prosecutor must think there isn't much of a case (obviously).

However, I fail to see how, if there was no criminal conduct, this woman can proceed with a civil case.

Maybe she is just assuming he'll settle to make it go away.

If that's the case, then that's fucked up.

But, it's not really her fault the prosecutor isn't going to pursue the case.

As it turns out, the alleged victim gave two handwritten statements. The statement given after the passage of time is neat and legible. The earlier one is hard to read, since it was written while the alleged victim was still intoxicated. Here's part of what it said:

"His bodyguards took him back to the rooms w/bathroom and I said, 'I don't know if this is a good idea' and he said 'it's OK.' He has sex w/me and meanwhile his bodyguards told me friends they couldn't pass them to get to me. My friends found me & talked to a Milledgeville policeman and he said to report it."

During his Monday press conference, district attorney Fred Bright mentioned the sketchy initial statement followed by the more detailed second statement. He also pointed out that, at the hospital, the alleged victim said, "A boy kind of raped me." Moreover, the officer who received the initial complaint wrote that the alleged victim's recollection was "foggy from to [sic] her intoxication level."

The inconsistencies in her statements and her intoxication create fertile ground for "reasonable doubt." Though this gives rise to an unfortunate reality that women who are intoxicated will have difficulty obtaining justice if raped, the fact remains that our legal system employs a high standard of proof in order to ensure that innocent men are not wrongfully imprisoned (notwithstanding all of the supposedly innocent men who already are in prison).

Meanwhile, we detected a strong degree of consistency and credibility regarding the statements from the alleged victim's friends, who nevertheless could contribute only circumstantial evidence to the investigation, since no one saw the exchange between Roethlisberger and the alleged victim. For example, Ann Marie Lubatti said that she saw Roethlisberger's bodyguards guide the alleged victim to a side door, and that two minutes later she saw Roethlisberger walk back there. "I immediately went up to the other bodyguard and said, 'this isn't right,'" Lubatti said in her statement. "'My friend is back there with Ben. She needs to come back right now.' The bodyguard wouldn't look at me, he just said, 'I don't know what you are talking about.'"

From this, and trying to be objective, it sure sounds like the he didn't keep his dick in his pants after all, and she wasn't 'asking' for it either.

Hey! With Paulies it's always the woman's fault, no matter what.

I wanna know what the hell he was doing in Milledgeville anyway.

Talk about an out of the way place. It's pretty, but not exactly a big star-power kinda place.

Forum List

Back