Rocky Mountain regions over 400% of normal snow pack

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
In a forecast discussion this morning, several of the meteorologist in my group discussed the state of snow pack in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming ranges. Many are now at 400% of normal and some areas are in excess of 48 feet of snow. With the cool spring and cool summer, we expect that many of these areas will not fully melt this year.

Let me repeat, with the cool spring and cool summer, we expect that many of these areas will not fully melt this year. This means the process known as glaciation will occur. Many areas that held glaciers just 100 years ago will again hold glaciers next year, however thin they may be.

IF next year snow fall happens nearly the same as this year, those glacial areas will expand rapidly and thicken.

Here is what Bear Tooth Pass looks like on 5/26/17

Note that we are expecting a -1 deg C below average temp summer here.. And short one too boot.. Estimating first snow will happen in early September.

Last edited:
We have been very lucky this year, yes !!

There should be lots of water for both agriculture and cities, and lots of verdant vegetation for the big game animals.

The Western USA drought is definitely over for the moment.

Why can't you retarded redneck gun toting Bible thumping rubes come to grips with the fact that Global warming is Settled Science!!

Our beloved president Obama decreed that several years ago.

So get with the program, and ignore the snow. ..... :cool:

Why can't you retarded redneck gun toting Bible thumping rubes come to grips with the fact that Global warming is Settled Science!!

We could set him up a chair in some snow and leave him? Be a nice find some years from now.. maybe over 90,000 years ...

Why can't stupid ignorant fucks like you get it through you thick skull that among the predictions of global warming is more extreme weather, and wider and wilder swings in the weather.

Why can't stupid ignorant fucks like you get it through you thick skull that among the predictions of global warming is more extreme weather, and wider and wilder swings in the weather.

Because he is brainwashed to think that can't happen because of GOD. You see science and anyone that has any understanding of the way things really work are abunch of communist out to take all his money away. lol.

Lmfao... Yet last year you were crying about Californias drought...

With the current rate of global warming and the melting of arctic and Antarctic ice, I suspect that weather patterns are changing.

For the Rocky Mountains this has been great !!

We have gotten 400% rain and snow this year !!

We will have lots of water for our crops and our cities and also for the wild game animals here too.

There are always going to be winners and losers with climate change.

And anyone who thinks they can stop or change climate change is about as smart as an ant or a termite. Humans are no bigger from a global perspective.

The Earth will do what the Earth does. The specs of creatures on it can't do anything about it.

With the current rate of global warming and the melting of arctic and Antarctic ice, I suspect that weather patterns are changing.

We will have lots of water for our crops and our cities and also for the wild game animals here too.

And anyone who thinks they can stop or change climate change is about as smart as an ant or a termite. Humans are no bigger from a global perspective.

The Earth will do what the Earth does. The specs of creatures on it can't do anything about it.

For once I agree with you.

In a forecast discussion this morning, several of the meteorologist in my group discussed the state of snow pack in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming ranges. Many are now at 400% of normal and some areas are in excess of 48 feet of snow. With the cool spring and cool summer, we expect that many of these areas will not fully melt this year.

Let me repeat, with the cool spring and cool summer, we expect that many of these areas will not fully melt this year. This means the process known as glaciation will occur. Many areas that held glaciers just 100 years ago will again hold glaciers next year, however thin they may be.

IF next year snow fall happens nearly the same as this year, those glacial areas will expand rapidly and thicken.

Note that we are expecting a -1 deg C below average temp summer here.. And short one too boot.. Estimating first snow will happen in early September.

Oh my, Silly Billy is making predictions again. With that, we can probably expect bare ground at Bear Tooth in November. In line with the accuracy of his previous prognostications. Hey Silly Billy, how is that super La Nina developing for this year?

We are the agents of change this time. Simple as that. As far as us being to small to change the climate, about 2 billion years ago a single celled creature completely changed the makeup of the atmosphere.

We are the agents of change this time. Simple as that. As far as us being to small to change the climate, about 2 billion years ago a single celled creature completely changed the makeup of the atmosphere.

Once again you live in the North Pole for a year, I will live in Tahiti...

After a year we will trade notes which is better.

You'll be living on a boat ;) Tahiti within the next 50 years will probably be doing the same.

You'll be living on a boat ;) Tahiti within the next 50 years will probably be doing the same.

I won't be alive in 50 years idiot.

Well, there's experiements into anti-aging that seem to be working on our little rat friends...So who knows. Hopefully your mind will change by that time and you will become more logical.

Well, there's experiements into anti-aging that seem to be working on our little rat friends...So who knows. Hopefully your mind will change by that time and you will become more logical.

Why would anyone want to live to 102 years old ...When they know they are saved and go to heaven?

Northern Rockies, normal temperatures this summer, Southern Rockies warmer than normal.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf

Why would anyone want to live to 102 years old ...When they know they are saved and go to heaven?

Which heaven? Valhalla? Happy Hunting Ground? Many Mansions? LOL I will take all the life I can get as no one has come back to tell me that there is an other side.

Forum List

Back