Robertson flips on his postion

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/bush_robertson

In January, Robertson told viewers during his "700 Club" television program that God had told him Bush would win re-election in a blowout." In the CNN interview, Robertson said he believes Bush will win by a "razor-thin" margin but by a substantial Electoral College (news - web sites) victory.

Nothing has convinced me more that he is not a man of God.

Personally i think he was right the first time. Bush is going to win in a landslide.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/bush_robertson

Nothing has convinced me more that he is not a man of God.

Personally i think he was right the first time. Bush is going to win in a landslide.

I have a hard time with Pat Robertson. Frankly, I am skeptical of his claims to hear such things from God, though I am not skeptical of his faith in God. But he strikes me as a modern-day Pharisee.

gop_jeff said:
I have a hard time with Pat Robertson. Frankly, I am skeptical of his claims to hear such things from God, though I am not skeptical of his faith in God. But he strikes me as a modern-day Pharisee.
Well, I am a Christian, and when someone says "God speaks to them", it is not in a literal sense, that you actually hear a voice. It could mean he speaks to you through the Bible, such as touching you with a specific verse you've recently read, or through prayer, or through feelings, etc. I don't doubt that God "speaks" to Pat Robertson, and I don't doubt that he feels comfort from God in the fact that Bush will win the election.

What gets me is that Pat Robertson would come out with this claim of Bush saying there will be "no casualties" in Iraq. With the election so close and the controversy with so many over Iraq, that is not something you would think a Bush supporter would come on national TV and say, true or not. Now I don't think that the comment will hurt Bush, but it is still not something you say on national TV two weeks before an election.

ChrisH said:
Well, I am a Christian, and when someone says "God speaks to them", it is not in a literal sense, that you actually hear a voice. It could mean he speaks to you through the Bible, such as touching you with a specific verse you've recently read, or through prayer, or through feelings, etc. I don't doubt that God "speaks" to Pat Robertson, and I don't doubt that he feels comfort from God in the fact that Bush will win the election.

What gets me is that Pat Robertson would come out with this claim of Bush saying there will be "no casualties" in Iraq. With the election so close and the controversy with so many over Iraq, that is not something you would think a Bush supporter would come on national TV and say, true or not. Now I don't think that the comment will hurt Bush, but it is still not something you say on national TV two weeks before an election.

Actually im not convinced Robertson is hearnig God at all. I mean January He says God told Him Bush would win in a landslide. Now He is saying God is telling Him its going to be a close election. What was God wrong before? I dont by it. I think he was right the first time with the landslide prediction but Robertson just isnt reliable.

what Pat Robertson is other than an opportunist... He's kinda freaky and scary as well. And that voice of his is nails on the chalkboard.. Maybe it was the producer's voice in his ear bud he mistook for the Almighty...

"Ah Pat, Bush will win in a landslide and we have a hard break in ten seconds"..

phadras said:
what Pat Robertson is other than an opportunist... He's kinda freaky and scary as well. And that voice of his is nails on the chalkboard.. Maybe it was the producer's voice in his ear bud he mistook for the Almighty...

"Ah Pat, Bush will win in a landslide and we have a hard break in ten seconds"..
LOL, maybe!

I don't know Pat Robertson, and I cannot say for sure whether God speaks to him or not.

AVATAR4321 - I agree. God is not "wrong", and I find it odd that God would tell him Bush will win in a landslide and now says it will be close. I tend to agree that Bush will win by a much larger margin than some believe. The polls are close, but as of late Bush has really gained some ground. I also think there are many more Bush supporters and republicans ready to show up to the polls, than there are Kerry supporters and democrats. Bush supporters are fired up, Kerry supporters are mostly full of people who simply dislike Bush, more than like Kerry, and many are not fired up.

Forum List

Back