Lets face it folks, this aint gonna be over on Nov 3rd...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041016/D85OR1E80.html

Edwards Warns Floridians of GOP 'Tricks'

Email this Story

Oct 16, 7:37 PM (ET)

By LIZ SIDOTI

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) - Sen. John Edwards, visiting the state that narrowly put President Bush in the White House in 2000 after a disputed recount and voting irregularities, issued a warning Saturday to Floridians about Republicans.

"We know they're going to be up to their old tricks, right, trying to keep people from voting," Edwards told supporters gathered at a community block party. "We're going to make sure that people get to vote. We're going to make sure those votes count, and here in Florida, democracy is going to decide who the next president of the United States is going to be."

Stumping for running mate John Kerry, the North Carolina senator kicked off a five-day, 12-city tour of the state by the Democratic ticket and their wives at the suburban Miami block party. As he spoke, barefoot children bounced inside two inflatable structures, the heavily black crowd ate hot dogs, and a supporter with dreadlocks banged on bongos and blew a brass horn at key lines from Edwards' speech.

With just over two weeks before the election, the romp through Florida underscored the importance of the state that Bush won by 537 votes over Democrat Al Gore in 2000.

"We are at ground zero for where the decision will be made about who the next president of the United States will be," Edwards said. "And, we know what's coming, right? We know what's coming. The Republicans are already up to it."

The Democratic vice presidential nominee vaguely referred to a newspaper report that Gov. Jeb Bush ignored advice to scrap a flawed election voter list before it went out to county election offices in spite of a warning from leery state officials about the reliability of the data. The governor's spokeswoman has called the allegation "absolutely false."

Edwards also mentioned the rejection more than 10,000 voter registration forms that elections officials say were improperly filled out. That issue is now the subject of a lawsuit against Florida's largest counties.

"Whatever it is," Edwards promised, the Democratic Party will fight to ensure voters voices in Florida are heard.

Christine Iverson, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee, dismissed the charge of Republican mischief. "The Kerry-Edwards campaign and the DNC has sent out instructions to Democrats across the country to make up accusations of voter intimidation where none exist. It sounds like John Edwards is following the DNC and Kerry play book," she said.

It was a reference to a manual that the Democratic National Committee distributed in battleground states. The manual has a section telling operatives how to combat voter intimidation, and the GOP argues that the guidelines encourage Democrats to use scare tactics. Democrats deny the charge.

They claim Republicans are up to "Old Tricks". What would those tricks be John? You havent shown any eveidence before about ANY voter fraud from Republicans. They only documented cases of voter fraud that have occured over the last 50 years have been from Democrats. All with substantial amounts of evidence that are dismissed by media outlets and DNC officials as attacks on their party.

ITs like im on crazy pills. I prepared myself for what was coming and yet it still boggles the mind that people are capable of this kind of flat out deception in this day and age. All i can do is trust the American people arent that dumb.

We can safely assume Republicans will be lawyer-ready as well, right?

If Kerry won by a hair, you think Republicans wouldn't be calling shenanagins?

Your right.. its not gonna be over on the 3rd.

Kerry's new plan is to claim victory regardless of the results. Bush wins by 10? Claim victory anyway and just say that Reps cheated to get that 10 point win. This way Kerry will claim he has an edge in the courts since in his mind he's the rightfull winner.

When will demcorats learn that they are destroying this country with their actions.

Mainframe said:

Well, I admire your candor, if nothing else. By stating, "You're right...it's not gonna be over on the 3rd", you are saying, in plain English, that the Democrats will advance their agenda by any means necessary, and the will of the people be damned.

Most of the power brokers in your party try to couch that particular truth in softer, more circular language. But, not you! My hat is off to you!

Oh, by the way - Richard Nixon had proof of ballot tampering in Illinois in 1960, but decided not to pursue it, "for the good of the country". What a silly, weak motivation, eh?

It makes it so much easier for them when they firmly believe they are what's best for the country, whether the peons know it or not.

And that's been their mentality for years.

That's why they believe it's perfectly alright for them to cheat. No, strike that, that's why they truly don't even believe they are cheating.

insein said:
Kerry's new plan is to claim victory regardless of the results. Bush wins by 10? Claim victory anyway and just say that Reps cheated to get that 10 point win. This way Kerry will claim he has an edge in the courts since in his mind he's the rightfull winner.

When will demcorats learn that they are destroying this country with their actions.

This is what scares me. think about what he is saying. basically,"I will drag this country through hell and back until someone says i win.even if i didn't". I hear his plan is to do this in battleground states,including Ohio. I am just flabbergasted that a presidential candidate would actually anounce that he is demanding a recount,before he has even lost. what a dumbshit. :stupid:

krisy said:
This is what scares me. think about what he is saying. basically,"I will drag this country through hell and back until someone says i win.even if i didn't". I hear his plan is to do this in battleground states,including Ohio. I am just flabbergasted that a presidential candidate would actually anounce that he is demanding a recount,before he has even lost. what a dumbshit. :stupid:

Well you know what their polls are telling them then dont you? if he thinks he has to demand a recount he knows he is losing.

This causing me to lose more and more faith in our current government. Being a first time voter. When I see the two canidates I get to chose from(yes there are others but whats the point?) I just wanna puke. I think within the next 50 yrs. we are going to have a system like the UK. Voting is obvisly not working, no matter what the outcome. Now atleast we're giving the rest of the world something real to laugh at. This just makes you wanna bit*h slap both candidates.

Mainframe said:

History would disagree with you, but all things considered I don't doubt that a very close election coming out in Kerry's favor could lead to another round of re-counts. As far as shenanigans, they've already been taking place. Or do you think Mary Poppins and Dick Tracy really did register to vote?

Forum List

Back