Robert Mueller Deserves a Medal

A well deserved pat on the back for Robert Mueller. May he now rest in peace. He did his job knowing that approximately half the country would hate and revile him, no matter what the investigation found, but he didn't flinch. He never changed his story, either, much to the frustration of a good part of Congress.

Well done, good and faithful servant.

This op ed is by Kathleen Parker (who used to be a Republican until the man with the squirrel living on his head became her President)​

Robert Mueller deserves a Medal of Honor
Trump-Russia-Probe-6-720x445.jpg

The picture that spoke far more words than former special counsel Robert Mueller uttered during last week’s hearings was taken by renowned photographer David Hume Kennerly.

The close-up of Mueller’s face was a portrait of rare depth, the sort one is more likely to find on a Leonardo da Vinci canvas with all its shadows, hollows and his soulful, nearly weeping eyes. I found myself thinking of paintings of the Agony in the Garden, showing Jesus’ upturned face as he prayed. No doubt, Mueller, too, was praying that this all would soon be over.

On Instagram, Kennerly captioned his photo: “Weary warrior.”

The tag was fitting and perfect. Mueller, a Vietnam War hero and recipient of a Bronze Star, has fought nobly throughout a life of distinguished public service. Whether defending his country on the battlefield or as director of the FBI, he has by all accounts been a man of honor, dignity and careful judgment.

After two years of draining the swamp of several of its slimiest occupants — all associates of the president of the United States — Mueller had to present himself one final time for the benefit of politicians bent on showboating at his expense. Democrats wanted to get him on record saying that he did not exonerate President Donald Trump of possible obstruction of justice, which everyone who cared already knew. This they did by reading excerpts of Mueller’s 400-plus-page report and asking him to confirm that they were correct.

Mueller kept the bulk of his responses to “yes,” “no,” “true” and “correct.” The rest largely consisted of “I refer you to the report,” “It’s outside my purview” and, best of all, “I take your question,” which apparently is a polite way of saying, “I rue the day you were born.”

Both party’s members had their agenda. Republicans wanted to get themselves on record as Trump sycophants, apparently, while also proving that they could be just as nasty as Democrats were to Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court nomination hearings last year. You may now check your boxes and get back to phoning your donors.

It was painful to watch as Republicans yelled at Mueller, pounding the table and throwing their best tantrums, even as Mueller was clearly not at his best. Whether he was merely tired — or just sick and tired — or perhaps even giving in a bit to age, he surely deserved more of their respect.

Most egregiously obnoxious was Georgia Rep. Doug Collins, the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee. After saying that he is often accused of speaking too fast and promising to slow it down, Collins then proceeded to imitate an auctioneer, shoving as many words into a split second as is humanly possible. This was plainly deliberate and seemed intended to confuse Mueller or make him seem not fully cognizant. More than once, Mueller was forced to ask him to repeat the question. It was one of the most arrogant, self-important performances I’ve witnessed in decades of political reporting. Can we send Collins back to where he came from, please?

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, shouted so much I was afraid he might choke on his tongue. And Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, got worked up over Volume II of the report, which he said broke regulations, and yelled that Trump wasn’t above the law but somehow shouldn’t be below it either

One notices that you don’t truly know people until they have power. For a few hours last Wednesday, members of the Judiciary and Intelligence committees had power over Mueller, and several revealed themselves to be unworthy of the audience. Mueller isn’t a perfect man, but he is a gentleman. He exercised his own power during the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election by never speaking a word publicly.

In starkest contrast to Trump, who bellowed his non-exoneration, Mueller isn’t an attention-seeker. This man of few words surely had aplenty to say in the privacy of his own space with an audience of his own choosing. Or, perhaps, he had nothing more to say, having completed the job he was asked to do with his usual tenacity and humility.

This is what I saw in his face as I watched the proceedings — a humble man who has seen enough of life and kept his own counsel through most of it. A weary warrior, indeed. For his forbearance throughout his investigation — and his patience through last week’s insufferable hearings — he deserves a Medal of Honor.

Kathleen Parker is a columnist for The Washington Post. Her email address is [email protected].

Well what the rest of us saw was an incompetent old man who was too stupid to know his entire staff were blatant Trump-haters.

He let a witch hunt go on for two years, attempted to entrap the President and failed, and abused his authority to harass Trump administration and his family, all while turning a blind eye to the liars that manufactured the charges in the first place.

He was always a failed prosecutor (remember when he blamed and innocent man of anthrax attacks?), and will always be remembered as a partisan hack for Dems.
I already know what y'all thought. I've read it here in full. This is a thank you from me, who wasn't invested in him finding one way or the other. No leaks, no grandstanding, not even when the most outrageous bullshit was flying around about the investigation being corrupt, biased, etc. etc.

He's one of those seemingly rare animals these days--a Republican with honor.

Does he read usmb so he can see this thanks?

Last edited:
A well deserved pat on the back for Robert Mueller. May he now rest in peace. He did his job knowing that approximately half the country would hate and revile him, no matter what the investigation found, but he didn't flinch. He never changed his story, either, much to the frustration of a good part of Congress.

This op ed is by Kathleen Parker (who used to be a Republican until the man with the squirrel living on his head became her President)​

The picture that spoke far more words than former special counsel Robert Mueller uttered during last week’s hearings was taken by renowned photographer David Hume Kennerly.

The close-up of Mueller’s face was a portrait of rare depth, the sort one is more likely to find on a Leonardo da Vinci canvas with all its shadows, hollows and his soulful, nearly weeping eyes. I found myself thinking of paintings of the Agony in the Garden, showing Jesus’ upturned face as he prayed. No doubt, Mueller, too, was praying that this all would soon be over.

The tag was fitting and perfect. Mueller, a Vietnam War hero and recipient of a Bronze Star, has fought nobly throughout a life of distinguished public service. Whether defending his country on the battlefield or as director of the FBI, he has by all accounts been a man of honor, dignity and careful judgment.

After two years of draining the swamp of several of its slimiest occupants — all associates of the president of the United States — Mueller had to present himself one final time for the benefit of politicians bent on showboating at his expense. Democrats wanted to get him on record saying that he did not exonerate President Donald Trump of possible obstruction of justice, which everyone who cared already knew. This they did by reading excerpts of Mueller’s 400-plus-page report and asking him to confirm that they were correct.

Mueller kept the bulk of his responses to “yes,” “no,” “true” and “correct.” The rest largely consisted of “I refer you to the report,” “It’s outside my purview” and, best of all, “I take your question,” which apparently is a polite way of saying, “I rue the day you were born.”

Both party’s members had their agenda. Republicans wanted to get themselves on record as Trump sycophants, apparently, while also proving that they could be just as nasty as Democrats were to Brett Kavanaugh during his Supreme Court nomination hearings last year. You may now check your boxes and get back to phoning your donors.

It was painful to watch as Republicans yelled at Mueller, pounding the table and throwing their best tantrums, even as Mueller was clearly not at his best. Whether he was merely tired — or just sick and tired — or perhaps even giving in a bit to age, he surely deserved more of their respect.

Most egregiously obnoxious was Georgia Rep. Doug Collins, the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee. After saying that he is often accused of speaking too fast and promising to slow it down, Collins then proceeded to imitate an auctioneer, shoving as many words into a split second as is humanly possible. This was plainly deliberate and seemed intended to confuse Mueller or make him seem not fully cognizant. More than once, Mueller was forced to ask him to repeat the question. It was one of the most arrogant, self-important performances I’ve witnessed in decades of political reporting. Can we send Collins back to where he came from, please?

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, shouted so much I was afraid he might choke on his tongue. And Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, got worked up over Volume II of the report, which he said broke regulations, and yelled that Trump wasn’t above the law but somehow shouldn’t be below it either

One notices that you don’t truly know people until they have power. For a few hours last Wednesday, members of the Judiciary and Intelligence committees had power over Mueller, and several revealed themselves to be unworthy of the audience. Mueller isn’t a perfect man, but he is a gentleman. He exercised his own power during the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election by never speaking a word publicly.

In starkest contrast to Trump, who bellowed his non-exoneration, Mueller isn’t an attention-seeker. This man of few words surely had aplenty to say in the privacy of his own space with an audience of his own choosing. Or, perhaps, he had nothing more to say, having completed the job he was asked to do with his usual tenacity and humility.

This is what I saw in his face as I watched the proceedings — a humble man who has seen enough of life and kept his own counsel through most of it. A weary warrior, indeed. For his forbearance throughout his investigation — and his patience through last week’s insufferable hearings — he deserves a Medal of Honor.

Kathleen Parker is a columnist for The Washington Post. Her email address is [email protected].

Well what the rest of us saw was an incompetent old man who was too stupid to know his entire staff were blatant Trump-haters.

He let a witch hunt go on for two years, attempted to entrap the President and failed, and abused his authority to harass Trump administration and his family, all while turning a blind eye to the liars that manufactured the charges in the first place.

He was always a failed prosecutor (remember when he blamed and innocent man of anthrax attacks?), and will always be remembered as a partisan hack for Dems.
I already know what y'all thought. I've read it here in full. This is a thank you from me, who wasn't invested in him finding one way or the other. No leaks, no grandstanding, not even when the most outrageous bullshit was flying around about the investigation being corrupt, biased, etc. etc.

Does he read usmb so he can see this apology?
Who apologized?

Who apologized?

Whoops... fixed it.

Typical cowardly Trump Humper trying to downplay a man's impeccable service record.
Nobody downplays his time as a Marine.
What Mueller did or didn't do as a Marine has fuck-all to do with his job as a special prosecutor.

Wipe the spittle off your face and look around. The left never coddled Oliver North despite his sterling career as a Marine.

In fact I'm certain Mueller was a much better Marine than special prosecutor. He was used as a figure head and in reality doesn't seem very familiar at all with many aspects of his so called investigation.

Typical cowardly Trump Humper trying to downplay a man's impeccable service record.
Nobody downplays his time as a Marine.
What Mueller did or didn't do as a Marine has fuck-all to do with his job as a special prosecutor.

Wipe the spittle off your face and look around. The left never coddled Oliver North despite his sterling career as a Marine.

In fact I'm certain Mueller was a much better Marine than special prosecutor. He was used as a figure head and in reality doesn't seem very familiar at all with many aspects of his so called investigation.

North broke the law and was convicted, so we ate supposed to pat him on the back for that. You Trump Humpers are the biggest cowards running, Mueller has been a Republican his whole life and for the sake of your beloved Trump you ass clowns will stop to anything to try and destroy him because unlike you he doesn't bow down and like Trump's boots.

North broke the law and was convicted, so we ate supposed to pat him on the back for that.
Not the point at all, you fucking moron! Who is surprised at that?

You Trump Humpers are the biggest cowards running, Mueller has been a Republican his whole life and for the sake of your beloved Trump you ass clowns will stop to anything to try and destroy him because unlike you he doesn't bow down and like Trump's boots.
Every third word is misspelled or part of a sentence that is filled with
straw man bullshit. Go take a nap, fool.

Who apologized?

Whoops... fixed it.
He probably read it in WaPo. That would be his hometown paper.

He is more deserving of a prison cell.

you & trump believe anybody not loyal to HIM should be.

we are still a nation of laws, not men. nor one autocratic orange clown.
we are still a nation of laws, not men.
SO when Hitlery deleted 33,000 emails, busted up her "government phones" and used a private server for government needs, was she above the law? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, and this is why the rest of the country hates your stinking guts. You lying sack of excrement.

33000 personal emails that were NOT under subpoena, were deleted. Only Benghazi and Libya emails were under subpoena. No law was broken.

The government phones were destroyed AFTER they upgraded to new phones and transferred the information from their old phones to their new upgraded devices.

Comey testified that it was not for nefarious purposes, but to destroy any government information on their old phones that someone else could steal if they simply threw them in the trash.

This occurred for the entire 4 years she and her team, held office, when they upgraded to new phones, they transferred all data over to their new phones and then destroyed their old devices.

Using a personal private server for email did not become against the law until AFTER she used hers and it became known. A new rule was put in place to keep this from happening in the future.

Outstanding!
Almost every word in that diatribe is false.
Prove it!

Not how it works. You make the claim you back it up otherwise its false. Nobody has to prove a negative.

Just like our justice system the prosecutor doesn't just say you're guilty prove your're innocent.

SO when Hitlery deleted 33,000 emails, busted up her "government phones" and used a private server for government needs, was she above the law? Your hypocrisy knows no bounds, and this is why the rest of the country hates your stinking guts. You lying sack of excrement.

33000 personal emails that were NOT under subpoena, were deleted. Only Benghazi and Libya emails were under subpoena. No law was broken.

The government phones were destroyed AFTER they upgraded to new phones and transferred the information from their old phones to their new upgraded devices.

Comey testified that it was not for nefarious purposes, but to destroy any government information on their old phones that someone else could steal if they simply threw them in the trash.

This occurred for the entire 4 years she and her team, held office, when they upgraded to new phones, they transferred all data over to their new phones and then destroyed their old devices.

Using a personal private server for email did not become against the law until AFTER she used hers and it became known. A new rule was put in place to keep this from happening in the future.
Also do you think it is wrong for a government employee to destroy government phones? Talk about obstruction, but you typical of liberals look the other way, thus proving that some people are above the law, and why the rest of the US hates your lying stinking guts.
I think they were taking short cuts left and right, or just did not know their protocol on how to handle them... they would have been destroyed by the gvt office you turn them in to... and occasionally that office is able to re-purpose phones used by regular employees never cleared for classified...

but because they destroyed the devices themselves, that office never got a chance to see if they could be, and the gvt did not get to put them on a disposition list of ''destroyed'' or ''repurposed''.

It's not that I am cutting them a break for nefarious illegal activities, they made mistakes and did not follow protocols on some things that they should have done... I certainly do not blame Hillary for things her staff should have known and should have taken care of for her and themselves.... she had something like 40,000 plus employees in the State Dept and a hundred and some diplomatic agencies to visit around the world. Her assistant and deputy secretary of States and other higher up managers and seasoned state dept employees should have known better.

Regardless, the acts were not criminal or crooked acts .

They destroyed government property outside of guidelines and destroyed evidence in the process (knowingly doing so) and this is not criminal or crooked? In what world?
Evidence of what Lantern? They transferred their data from their old devices to their new updated devices...
Was their minds in the right place when they destroyed them, so no non gvt person or spy could steal any of their gvt information when trashed?

Yes.

ya'll are getting bent out of shape for a nothing burger imo... it deserves a slap on the hand, a reprimand, but not prison, for goodness sake...

What evidence? Strzok was under investigation at that point for his blatant anti-Trump bias. Destroying those texts or other phone information while it pertained to that investigation was NOT MUELLER'S decision to make. Those devices were wiped before being turned over and that's not suspicious to you is it? Go figure.....

North broke the law and was convicted, so we ate supposed to pat him on the back for that.

You Trump Humpers are the biggest cowards running, Mueller has been a Republican his whole life and for the sake of your beloved Trump you ass clowns will stop to anything to try and destroy him because unlike you he doesn't bow down and like Trump's boots.

You have to dumb it down when you are talking to a fool.

Bwaaaaahhhhaaaaa. Is that how we need to communicate with you? Would you then know that your an idiot, with an IQ of 30?

Also do you think it is wrong for a government employee to destroy government phones? Talk about obstruction, but you typical of liberals look the other way, thus proving that some people are above the law, and why the rest of the US hates your lying stinking guts.
I think they were taking short cuts left and right, or just did not know their protocol on how to handle them... they would have been destroyed by the gvt office you turn them in to... and occasionally that office is able to re-purpose phones used by regular employees never cleared for classified...

but because they destroyed the devices themselves, that office never got a chance to see if they could be, and the gvt did not get to put them on a disposition list of ''destroyed'' or ''repurposed''.

It's not that I am cutting them a break for nefarious illegal activities, they made mistakes and did not follow protocols on some things that they should have done... I certainly do not blame Hillary for things her staff should have known and should have taken care of for her and themselves.... she had something like 40,000 plus employees in the State Dept and a hundred and some diplomatic agencies to visit around the world. Her assistant and deputy secretary of States and other higher up managers and seasoned state dept employees should have known better.

Regardless, the acts were not criminal or crooked acts .

They destroyed government property outside of guidelines and destroyed evidence in the process (knowingly doing so) and this is not criminal or crooked? In what world?
Evidence of what Lantern? They transferred their data from their old devices to their new updated devices...
Was their minds in the right place when they destroyed them, so no non gvt person or spy could steal any of their gvt information when trashed?

Yes.

ya'll are getting bent out of shape for a nothing burger imo... it deserves a slap on the hand, a reprimand, but not prison, for goodness sake...

What evidence? Strzok was under investigation at that point for his blatant anti-Trump bias. Destroying those texts or other phone information while it pertained to that investigation was NOT MUELLER'S decision to make. Those devices were wiped before being turned over and that's not suspicious to you is it? Go figure.....
i thought we were talking about Clinton and her staff and their devices???

Were you talking about Strzok and his phone that he turned in and the department wiped?

Bwaaaaahhhhaaaaa. Is that how we need to communicate with you? Would you then know that your an idiot, with an IQ of 30?

Here comes the forum Ass Clown. :abgg2q.jpg:

you & trump believe anybody not loyal to HIM should be.

we are still a nation of laws, not men. nor one autocratic orange clown.
we are still a nation of laws, not men.

Outstanding!
Almost every word in that diatribe is false.
Prove it!

Not how it works. You make the claim you back it up otherwise its false. Nobody has to prove a negative.

Just like our justice system the prosecutor doesn't just say you're guilty prove your're innocent.
Nope. He said my points listed were not true... he has to show us which points were not true.....

i e
The House subpoena is out there on Google, it shows only Benghazi and Lybias emails were subpoenaed...

That's beyond his purveyor

C'mon my leftie brethren! Nine positive ratings to SIXTEEN mocking assholes.

That's beyond his purveyor
That doesn't make sense in English. Try again.

Don't hate him-just think he is incompetent.

Ratcliffe was showing his loyalty to tramp. He was wrong of course,

as the obstruction was going on during the investigation, and funny Barr got in and Mueller was done with the investigation.

We already know the republicans view of Mueller, if he would of said exonerated of all charges, they would of loved him, but he didn't and praised him.
Ratcliffe had motives, so did Mueller. It's the way the world works. I just think Ratcliffe is more skilled and honest than Mueller.

Forum List

Back