RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

David Crosby, Iconoclastic Rocker, Dead at 81

lx4nd.jpg

He was a train-wreck but I liked his music.

He used to keep a loaded M1911A1 in a leather pouch on stage because he thought the CIA was out to get him.

Last edited:
People who need liver transplants as a result of substance abuse are put at the back of the list ahead of those with non-self-imposed issues. Not Crosby. Looks like he bought liver privilege. Like a man on the Titanic dressing as a woman.
Looks like? Not sure anyone knows the goings on. Perhaps Crosby was just a better match for that particular liver.
That would more than likely be a more viable reason.

He was fired by the Byrds, served time in prison and called an asshole by fellow musician Graham Nash.

Could be, but he had great music. If you want an example of an asshole musician, you should have met George Jones, another ass hole whose music was amazing. ,
Crosby eventually apologized (or something similar) to some people that he dogged. Like Neil, Daryl Hannah, and fans of Eddie Van Halen. He could be brutal. George Jones? I have not a clue about his ass-holiness.

Who knows? At 81, historically overweight and having lived a fast lifestyle for much of his life, he was due. I hope I make it to 81.

Crosby eventually apologized (or something similar) to some people that he dogged. Like Neil, Daryl Hannah, and fans of Eddie Van Halen. He could be brutal. George Jones? I have not a clue about his ass-holiness.
That's a story for another thread. His own son couldn't stand being around him.

Forum List

Back