Rightwingers, of whom I'm one, let the gay shit go

Here we are in shooting wars as we lost another neighbor just yesterday in Afghanistan, gas is over $3 a gallon, energy is going up, education is failing, health care is fucked up and folks are still worried about 2 adults that happen to be the same sex fall in love and want to get married legally to show their commitment to each other.
Anyone that opposes the joy that will bring to many people has a loose screw.
I could care less. Gay marriage affects my 37 year marriage in no way.
Affects no one else either.

But I am entirely 100% against this idea of FORCING people to call gays married if they don't believe in gay marriage. And yes, that is exactly what you are doing if you are FORCING people to pay money via tax deductions and credits that goes towards gay marriage.

You’re also entirely 100% ignorant.

There is no such thing as ‘gay marriage’; there is only marriage law.

And 14th Amendment jurisprudence applies only to state and local governments, not private entities or citizens. Consequently those opposed to equal protection rights for same-sex couples may continue to hate homosexuals with impunity, they may refuse to accept same-sex married couples in their churches and places of worship, but they may not seek to codify that hate in violation of the same-sex couples’ civil liberties.

Oh, and our joint taxes are going to be less than single..... :D Our accountant has told us over the last few years that as soon as we can file joint federal, it will help out immensely for reasons that are really none of your business. :D

Hm...as soon as you can "file joint federal," huh?

:eusa_whistle:

Obama workin' on that is he?

Ah...hello Octopus Boi. :bye1:

lower federal courts have no jurisdiction over state courts. Well actually the SCOTUS itself doesn't even have such.

Incorrect.

State courts are indeed subject to Federal courts within a given Federal court’s jurisdiction; the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals’ ruling on Proposition 8 is binding on all California state courts, including the California Supreme Court.

If it is just a piece of fucking paper? Why are their panties so wadded up about getting it? Civil Unions offer the same rights, what is wrong with those?

Well, to start with they don't offer the same rights. IRS Recognizes all Marriages but not Civil Unions

Secondly, when you say things like "I can have marriage but you can have Civil Unions" that's called "Separate but Equal" and in case you weren't aware, that's unconstitutional.

Now, if you want to remove the word marriage from all legal, civil marriages and call them civil unions for everyone, gay or straight, I'd be fine with that.

If a civil union gave gay couples EXACTLY THE SAME rights as a man/woman marriage, would that be satisfactory? yes or no. No rhetoric, just a yes or no.

We've been through this time and again Fishy. Civil unions are fine if they apply to all couples. One thing for the straights and another thing for the gheys is unconstitutional. So "no", you can't relegate gays to 2nd class citizenship.

NO, its not. Equal protection under the law can be obtained for gay couples by legalizing civil unions and making them equal in all respects to a man/woman marriage.

What you want is for the government to force the rest of us to accept your lifestyle as equivalent to normal human sexuality. Thats why you insist on the word "marriage". You think that calling a gay union a marriage somehow makes it acceptable to everyone.

Its not about equality, its abour forced social acceptance. You know it, we know it, everyone knows it.

You actually might do better if you were honest about your agenda.

No, that's not equal protection. The law cannot provide a marriage certificate to some but not others; and then call that equal protection.

How exactly does the use of the word "marriage" on your certificate give you more rights?

Admit it, its not about rights-------its about having the government force the rest of us to calll your gay union a marriage.

YOU HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS, WHAT YOU WANT IS SPECIAL RIGHTS.

No Fishy, you do. You want "marriage" to be a "special right" kept only for the straights. Sorry Fish, that ship has sailed. You lost. We're married, we're getting married and we will keep getting married.

That you think this makes YOUR marriage somehow "less" than it was is your pathetic hangup, not "the gheys".

Wrong.

Texas , or Louisiana, or Florida, or whatever is not bound by precedent set in CA.

lower federal courts have no jurisdiction over state courts. Well actually the SCOTUS itself doesn't even have such.
More hair splitting.

You're forgetting: SCOTUS struck down DOMA.

Face it. Gay marriage is here to stay. It's only a matter of time before backwater states like Texas and Louisiana start recognizing gay marriages too.

Once again, striking down a FEDERAL law does not necessarily violate a state law.If the feds have overstepped, that doesn't necessarily mean the states overstep if they do the same thing. You DO understand that don't you?

Oh, and I'm for the complete removal of the federal government from marriage. Let consenting people do what they want.

But I am entirely 100% against this idea of FORCING people to call gays married if they don't believe in gay marriage. And yes, that is exactly what you are doing if you are FORCING people to pay money via tax deductions and credits that goes towards gay marriage.

Just like bigots were "forced" into "recognizing" interracial marriages when they didn't "believe" in interracial marriage. Funny thing though...it happened anyway, despite the public being overwhelmingly opposed to it.

If SCOTUS had ANY balls. They would take a case and make it real simple.

Tell everyone to go back to their corners and shut up.

No more mention of marriage in government purposes. And each individual may do as they please. IF 12 midget men want to get "married" so be it. Doesn't hurt me, because they are getting no tax breaks for doing so.

If 2 gays get mad b/c some Christians laugh at them saying they are "married" so be it, we have freedom of speech in this country .

If you go into a business and they don't want your money, go somewhere that does.

And that's how far we've fallen as a country, two groups of people NEITHER can just live and let live. Nope , gotta tell other people how to live. It's despicable.

Tell me, what have YOU done to get the government out of marriage?

Sorry bout that,

1. Robertson said it best, Homos=Bestiality.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Actually , that's not what the Duck Man said but irregardless..

In case you hadn't noticed, Pedophillia, Beastiality, AND Homosexuality are all sexual preferences.

Beastiality is known as Zoophilia and Those Who Practice Bestiality Say They're Part of the Next Sexual Rights Movement

In case you hadn't noticed, so is heterosexuality.

Do you know the difference between consent and non consent? Learn before you get into trouble.

No, Thanatos, no matter how many times you say it did not does not make it so.

The can is not kicked down the road. The rulings were quite clear, and they are weighted against your side.

I think all it did was kick the can down the road it made no ruling on Proposition eight

tapatalk post

No, that's not what happened. Go back and re-do your homework.

That is precisely what happened I'm not the one whi to needs to read it apparently you are

tapatalk post

In the DOMA ruling the SCOTUS struck down as unconstitutional, Section III. That was the part that said the Federal Government did not have to recognize my legal marriage license issued by my state. With me so far?

In Prop 8, the SCOTUS chose not to rule. In that case, they chose to "kick the can down the road" as you say. They chickened out and chose not to rule on the constitutionality of anti gay marriage laws. What that did was leave the lower court ruling in place. That ruling was that Proposition 8 is unconstitutional and that is the ruling that stands.

Sorry bout that,

1. Robertson said it best, Homos=Bestiality.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

In case you hadn't noticed, Pedophillia, Beastiality, AND Homosexuality are all sexual preferences.

Beastiality is known as Zoophilia and Those Who Practice Bestiality Say They're Part of the Next Sexual Rights Movement

Do you know the difference between consent and non consent? Learn before you get into trouble.

Hetreosexuality = The Norm , practiced by NORMAL people

Normal Sex = A biological function which evolved in all sexual organisms inclusive of humans for the purpose of procreation ... continuation of the species.

Homosexuality = A Mental Disorder , or as classified by the American Psych. Association "Sexual Orientation Disturbance" Closely related to other sexual orientation disturbances such as Pedophilia and Beastiality .

Gay Sex = A diseased non biological perversion , the sole purpose of which is self gratification of the deviant practitioner.

Normal Sex = A biological function which evolved in all sexual organisms inclusive of humans for the purpose of procreation ... continuation of the species.

Homosexuality = A Mental Disorder , or as classified by the American Psych. Association "Sexual Orientation Disturbance" Closely related to other sexual orientation disturbances such as Pedophilia and Beastiality .

Gay Sex = A diseased non biological perversion , the sole purpose of which is self gratification of the deviant practitioner.

Normal sex is only for procreation? Really? And only gay sex is for gratification of the practitioner? My my.....you poor thing.

Normal sex is only for procreation? Really? And only gay sex is for gratification of the practitioner? My my.....you poor thing.

Yeah Bod, you're supposed to be a brood mare and nothing more. Don't you DARE enjoy sex!

Yeah Bod, you're supposed to be a brood mare and nothing more. Don't you DARE enjoy sex!

Oh look a homosexual twisting a truth into a lie..... does it bother you that babies come from sex and that's the purpose of it? Is that why you homosexuals seem to overwhelmingly support killing babies in the womb?

tapatalk post

Forum List

Back