Rightwingers: don't you think it's rather ridiculous you have so much distrust in...

Takes a real rube or a lolibertarian on steroids :tinfoil: to think that rigging the system, through insidious rw/lolibertarian challenges to the Left's ridding gov't of corrupting corporate influence, is a good thing :cuckoo:

corporations are not inherently evil. Some people running corporations, and some politicians (of both parties) are corrupt and should be punished.

Are you really so naive that you think only republicans make deals with corporations? :cuckoo:

Takes a real rube or a lolibertarian on steroids :tinfoil: to think that rigging the system, through insidious rw/lolibertarian challenges to the Left's ridding gov't of corrupting corporate influence, is a good thing :cuckoo:

corporations are not inherently evil. Some people running corporations, and some politicians (of both parties) are corrupt and should be punished.

Are you really so naive that you think only republicans make deals with corporations? :cuckoo:

I think that one is rabid. I do not even know what that drivel is suppose to mean. At least you could decipher it enough to respond.

Maybe if the Left held government bureaucracies to higher standards of honesty, integrity and efficiency, and Right did the same to corporations, we could fix some of these problems.

Aw, just kidding, I know that would never happen!

Just goofing with ya!

you trying to reason w/ lolibertarians in this thread? good luck w/ that.

Maybe if the Left held government bureaucracies to higher standards of honesty, integrity and efficiency, and Right did the same to corporations, we could fix some of these problems.

Just goofing with ya!

you trying to reason w/ lolibertarians in this thread? good luck w/ that.

I'm trying to reason with both sides.

It's a shame you don't see that, and it's indicative of the problem.

Just goofing with ya!

Your implication is that both sides actually sanction dishonesty, I don't believe that to be true. Although a lot of times we look the other way. I will say though we gave up on trying to raise the bar when Clinton was allowed to stay in office after lying under oath. Corporations are governed by regulations which SHOULD keep them somewhat honest. If we had a honest forthright government then they would keep the corporations in check. So for we the people an honest government is all we really can effect.

Just goofing with ya!

Your implication is that both sides actually sanction dishonesty, I don't believe that to be true. Although a lot of times we look the other way. I will say though we gave up on trying to raise the bar when Clinton was allowed to stay in office after lying under oath. Corporations are governed by regulations which SHOULD keep them somewhat honest. If we had a honest forthright government then they would keep the corporations in check. So for we the people an honest government is all we really can effect.

Well, it depends on the definition of the word "sanction". When we ignore/avoid/spin what someone on "our side" does while pointing the finger at the "other side", it's a de facto sanction. At least in my warped little world.

At this point, I expect bureaucrats to be dishonest on the whole, and I expect corporations to absolutely need effective, efficient regulation. Both parties are human. But it sure would be nice if both were held to higher standards by both ends of the spectrum, instead of what's happening now, one side constantly covering for them.

Last edited:
Imagine the imlications if companies could do whatever they wanted to their products.

Tobacco companies adding crap to their products to make them more addicting.

Drug and food companies approving cancer causing ingredients.

You could just not use tobacco products. Then it doesn't matter what they add to their products.

Imagine the imlications if companies could do whatever they wanted to their products.

Tobacco companies adding crap to their products to make them more addicting.

Drug and food companies approving cancer causing ingredients.

And as long as that information is openly availible, it doesn't matter in my view.

It's funny how illegal drugs are created and sold every day on the black market, and yet you people on the left want to legalize those drugs, which are far more addictive than anything any tabacco company has ever produced.

And ironically if they were also producing those illegal drugs, you'd be screaming about it.

In fact, if you do legalize drugs, those currently illegal producers will start legally producing, create massive corporation, and then you'll be screaming about those corporations. Even though you completely support them now.

Further, there are many drugs that are harmful, but we use anyway. Chemo theropy for cancer, is actually a very harmful drug.

Point being, that I can choose not to take tabacco. I can choose not to take those drugs.

Can I choose a different government? No. People with guns show up.

Forum List

Back