Right Wingers eating crow on price of gasoline. $1.39 in Indiana.

BTW, the price through much of the country was 1.35 on Jan 11, 2009, the week before the hack took office.
You oaf. You idoit. You moron.

I'm so embarrased by your post.

The reason gas was so cheap in the last days of the failed Bush presidency is because the economy was in freefall due to his hamhanded policies. Millions of daily commuters were removed from the workforce when unemployment skyrocketed.

What's the matter with you? Didn't you know this undeniable fact? Please quit the internet.
I hope you're being facetious. Unemployment is still high yet the price of oil skyrocketed after obama reimplemented drilling restrictions.
What's an idoit? Is that French for idiot?

Seriously, you need to stop posting stuff. It's so cringe-inducing. Unemployment is down from the Bush Recession highs. The Fed is actually going to raise rates because they think the economy is going to "overheat" . The price of oil went up from the Bush Recession's lack-of-demand lows because Obama got Americans back to work.
Wrong, you idoit.
Drilling restrictions being lifted and then reimplemented caused the fluctuation in price exactly the same way fracking has caused the price to go back down.
Morons like you cost my household over $10,000 annually.

Bush & Cheney were Big Oil's prison bitches, and the prices of oil while they were in office reflected that. This is just obvious to sane people. Get over it.

BTW, the price through much of the country was 1.35 on Jan 11, 2009, the week before the hack took office.
You oaf. You idoit. You moron.

I'm so embarrased by your post.

The reason gas was so cheap in the last days of the failed Bush presidency is because the economy was in freefall due to his hamhanded policies. Millions of daily commuters were removed from the workforce when unemployment skyrocketed.

What's the matter with you? Didn't you know this undeniable fact? Please quit the internet.
I hope you're being facetious. Unemployment is still high yet the price of oil skyrocketed after obama reimplemented drilling restrictions.
What's an idoit? Is that French for idiot?

Seriously, you need to stop posting stuff. It's so cringe-inducing. Unemployment is down from the Bush Recession highs. The Fed is actually going to raise rates because they think the economy is going to "overheat" . The price of oil went up from the Bush Recession's lack-of-demand lows because Obama got Americans back to work.
Wrong, you idoit.
Drilling restrictions being lifted and then reimplemented caused the fluctuation in price exactly the same way fracking has caused the price to go back down.
Morons like you cost my household over $10,000 annually.

Bush & Cheney were Big Oil's prison bitches, and the prices of oil while they were in office reflected that. This is just obvious to sane people. Get over it.
You're a troll. A parroting troll.

If you can show me where a shallow water driller caused ecological damage "far into the future", Synth...then you might have a point and the Obama Administration would have had just cause to shut down shallow water drilling permits! The truth however is that shallow water drillers have an unbelievably good safety record. Why would you stop permitting for shallow water drillers when the problem is deep water drilling? That makes absolutely no sense at all UNLESS you don't like oil as a viable energy source because it's cheaper than the "green" alternatives! The fact is...Obama's people used an oil spill crisis to make life difficult for an energy sector that they don't like.
#1, I didn't know you were specifying a different type of water drilling. I don't know about shallow water drilling, so at the moment I can't comment.

But if the larger point is that "never let a crisis go to waste", then yes - and I agree with the administration that we should be pivoting away from fossil fuels as quickly as possible. They not only pollute our planet and contribute to climate change, it also funds the people who want to kill us.

And the Republicans are just as guilty of never letting a crisis go to waste, as they have turned some edited videos into a crusade to defund Planned Parenthood across the country.

Every group takes political advatage of events that align with their agenda. Period.

Two points, Synth...

First of all you can't "pivot" away from fossil fuels until you have viable alternative sources. We need oil, natural gas and coal because they are cheap energy sources for us. If you want to replace those sources then you'd better be ready to go all in on nuclear power because energy produced from wind and solar aren't anywhere NEAR enough to replace fossil fuels!

Secondly...Obama and his people were able to shut down shallow water drillers because too many Americans are uneducated about the difference between deep water drilling and shallow water drilling. People like yourself lump them together without knowing the facts. I'd like you to honestly look at the safety record for shallow water drillers and still tell me that THEY should have been shut down along with the deep water drillers! Then explain the rationale behind the Obama Administration's decision to stop permits for them as well as the deep water drillers...I'd like to hear from you what that might be!
Well, if he has shut them down and we still have $1.75 gas what's the problem?

Problem 1 is that it could be even cheaper today if not for his interference, and problem 2 is that you leftists are giving your failure all the credit for lower fuel prices when he's done what he could to increase them.
Cheaper than $1.43?
4i6Ckte.gif

It's more like $1.90 here, and yes, it could be cheaper.

Ray 12961929
Ray From Cleveland said:
Correct, nobody would make that claim NOW. But a few years ago? Of course some made that claim. It was reasonable too. $6.00 per gallon was what, only $2.50 away from the going price back then?

So RW'ers didn't know in 2012 through 2013 that fracking technology "advanced quickly"
In 2003? Yet this was stated in a published
Report about fracking December 2012 by Michael MacRae, ASME.org.

"Fracking’s new golden age began in 2003, as oil and gas producers began to explore the nation’s massive shale formations in earnest. Today companies are extracting more oil and gas from the Bakken than they can ship." Dec 2012. Read more below.

So according to you, conservatives are truly ignorant of fracking facts but don't care one whit to make fake predictions based solely on their self-induced ignorance and of course hatred of Obama.

Non-explosive fracking (Hydrafrac patented by Halliburton in 1949) began in earnest producing successful wells in the mid-1950s. But you wrote below That "Nobody knew that the technology would advance so quickly."

Ray 12958417
Without the expansion of fracking, yes, gasoline might be close to $6.00 per gallon today. Nobody knew that the technology would advance so quickly.

That is a ridiculous, baseless statement. Big oil companies in the US were already extracting more oil and gas from the Bakken than they could ship. Since you also now say and I have agreed that it was fracking technology that has contributed (you claim 'all' but I and most experts would say 'in part') to the reduction in US gasoline prices, the claim that the rapid advance of fracking was not known by political hacks forecasting $6 a gal gas is an outright reduculously invalid argument.

Commercial Fracking Explodes
According to a 2010 fracking history by the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), the idea of non-explosive alternatives to nitroglycerin took root in the 1930s. Experiments through the next decade paved the way for the first industrial-scale commercial uses of the modern patented “Hydrafrac” process in1949, with Halliburton holding an exclusive license in the early years. SPE recounts that 332 wells were fracked in the first year alone, with up to 75 percent production increases recorded. By the mid-1950s, fracking hit a pace of about 3,000 wells a month.

A typical early fracture took 750 gallons of fluid (water, gelled crude oil, or gelled kerosene) and 400 lbm of sand. By contrast, modern methods can use up to 8 million gallons of water and 75,000 to 320,000 pounds of sand. Fracking fluids can take the form of foams, gels, or slickwater combinations and often include benzene, hydrochloric acid, friction reducers, guar gum, biocides, and diesel fuel. Likewise, the hydraulic horsepower (hhp) needed to pump fracking material has risen from an average of about 75 hhp in the early days to an average of more than 1,500 hhp today, with big jobs requiring more than 10,000 hhp.

Fracking: A Look Back

And the fracking explosion in technology basically occurred due to market and external forces such as the invasion of Iraq that first rapidly helped drive $40 oil prices to well above $100/barrel . Iraq invasion was 2003 - ""Fracking’s new golden age began in 2003"

So your double-speak remains. RW'ers didn't know about the rapid boom in fracking but they knew so much about oil markets that they could predict a $3 increase in a gallon of gas that would all be solely on the basis of Obama contriving in the White House to overwhelm fracking so much to drive the price of gas up so high it would destroy the economy during a second term. It's hogwash that you are committing to writing here.

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg

#1, I didn't know you were specifying a different type of water drilling. I don't know about shallow water drilling, so at the moment I can't comment.

But if the larger point is that "never let a crisis go to waste", then yes - and I agree with the administration that we should be pivoting away from fossil fuels as quickly as possible. They not only pollute our planet and contribute to climate change, it also funds the people who want to kill us.

And the Republicans are just as guilty of never letting a crisis go to waste, as they have turned some edited videos into a crusade to defund Planned Parenthood across the country.

Every group takes political advatage of events that align with their agenda. Period.

Two points, Synth...

First of all you can't "pivot" away from fossil fuels until you have viable alternative sources. We need oil, natural gas and coal because they are cheap energy sources for us. If you want to replace those sources then you'd better be ready to go all in on nuclear power because energy produced from wind and solar aren't anywhere NEAR enough to replace fossil fuels!

Secondly...Obama and his people were able to shut down shallow water drillers because too many Americans are uneducated about the difference between deep water drilling and shallow water drilling. People like yourself lump them together without knowing the facts. I'd like you to honestly look at the safety record for shallow water drillers and still tell me that THEY should have been shut down along with the deep water drillers! Then explain the rationale behind the Obama Administration's decision to stop permits for them as well as the deep water drillers...I'd like to hear from you what that might be!
Well, if he has shut them down and we still have $1.75 gas what's the problem?

Problem 1 is that it could be even cheaper today if not for his interference, and problem 2 is that you leftists are giving your failure all the credit for lower fuel prices when he's done what he could to increase them.
Cheaper than $1.43?
4i6Ckte.gif

It's more like $1.90 here, and yes, it could be cheaper.
It could have been < $1.50 for the past seven years.

Remember now the far left wanted high gas prices to curb the driving habits of everyone in America except themselves..

However you can thank ISIS for the low oil prices...

Yes, I jumped from the start of the thread, to the back of the thread.

I can't believe that anyone with an IQ over 50 can even suggest to themselves that DEMOCRATS have tried to lower the price of ANY fuel that was not green. It is all about control, and the more Democrats control everything, the more you have to kiss that ass!

Now I ask all of you, does Al Gore, the lefty bands, the hollyweird elite, all go by private jet or not? So why do you listen to ANYTHING they have to say, lol. Do you actually believe that these ass***** are so far above you that you need to let them step all over you! COME ON PEOPLE, they are INCOMPETENT!

They are phony, and the sooner you figure it out, the sooner you will be able to force them to do something NONE of them want to do. And what is that? Admit they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, and their opinions are based 100% on the liberal media. Remove their protection, and watch how fast they see it our way-)

Remember now the far left wanted high gas prices to curb the driving habits of everyone in America except themselves..

You can thank them.
I'll attribute the price drop to fracking and the supply increase it enhances.

It is because of the ISIS control and selling the OIL dirt cheap which has prevented any big rises in OIL prices..

Saudi Arabia has increased the flow of OIL on the market to keep prices low even against the advice of OPEC.. It also keeps Putin and ISIS from making big profits in OIL to fuel their empires..

So you can thank ISIS...

You can thank them.
I'll attribute the price drop to fracking and the supply increase it enhances.

It is because of the ISIS control and selling the OIL dirt cheap which has prevented any big rises in OIL prices..

Saudi Arabia has increased the flow of OIL on the market to keep prices low even against the advice of OPEC.. It also keeps Putin and ISIS from making big profits in OIL to fuel their empires..

So you can thank ISIS...
It's because of fracking technology and the resulting expanded supply.

whatever you have to tell yourselves Rw'ers. It took a two-term Democrat President to get prices down
The price has yet to drop to the level it was a week before your shithead was inaugurated.
can you ease-up-up on your rw hate Celus? Our two-term President did what his war president predecessor couldn't- bring gas prices down

And yet you can't tell us what he did to bring prices down.

Oh, that's right. He just happened to be in the White House at the time. Well.......that's good enough for a liberal.

whatever you have to tell yourselves Rw'ers. It took a two-term Democrat President to get prices down

I'm still waiting for you to name one Obama energy policy that led to a drop in oil prices, Dottie! Why are you running from that question?

ima 12969775
I can't believe that anyone with an IQ over 50 can even suggest to themselves that DEMOCRATS have tried to lower the price of ANY fuel that was not green.[/QUOTE

Not what the OP is about. When you learn to read, get back to us.

I'll put that question out to any liberal on the board...name an Obama Administration policy that led to lower oil prices?

Should be an easy thing to do if Barack Obama has indeed pushed an agenda that encouraged oil exploration...right?

Forum List

Back