Right To Work...

So are you going to kick my ass Mr. internet
Fuck off, ****.

I built those roads and bridges.

Not you, not president ******...

Me and my union brothers built those roads and bridges.
Yes, you and your claimed 450% pay raise did all that. Everyone knows you're full of camel shit.
Who the hell do you think built those roads and bridges?

Do you think they just magically appeared?
What road or bridge did you ever build, bitch? I'll give you a clue...NONE.
You can't drive more than a mile anywhere in this entire city without going by concrete that literally has the salt from my sweat embedded in it.

So tell me some more about you vast knowledge of my career Mr. interweb tough guy.
Regale us some more about your 450% pay raise. Let's not pass that up so quickly.
Look up the pay differential between a union cement mason and a scab cement mason, dumbass. Google can be your friend.

Yes, you and your claimed 450% pay raise did all that. Everyone knows you're full of camel shit.

You can't drive more than a mile anywhere in this entire city without going by concrete that literally has the salt from my sweat embedded in it.

So tell me some more about you vast knowledge of my career Mr. interweb tough guy.
Regale us some more about your 450% pay raise. Let's not pass that up so quickly.
Look up the pay differential between a union cement mason and a scab cement mason, dumbass. Google can be your friend.
Google also thinks you're full of camel shit.

Google also thinks you're full of camel shit.
OK, Mr poor for the rest of your life.

What does "RIGHT TO WORK" mean... what a stupid name. Right to work is a clever way of chiseling away at the rights of workers. This is an anti worker nation. But there is the right to work for lower wages.
It means, Right to Work for Less, as pointed out in the OP.
You leftest fools love your propaganda and love to rewrite history that's one of the reasons why the new generation of rednecks started to vote Republican they didn't want to make crap wages in they fields, they wanted manufacturing jobs and they got it thanks to republican leadership.

Most manufacturing jobs have been shipped over seas, thanks to greedy corporations, and republicans giving them tax breaks to do it.

If you stop buying at big box stores in mass, for cheap shit , this wouldn't be a problem now would it?

Those big companies would Fold up.

Your wrong by the way, since 2010 We added more then like 800,000 manufacturing jobs, mostly in RTW states, that never had middle class jobs..

Sure it'sth dollar an hour operator jobs, but $12 to $20 dollar an hour operator kind of job, with a way Lower cost of living where people can buy houses, two cars, a bass boat, guns and stuff

The OP and then rest of the ultra liberals love to spread propaganda that RTW laws lowered wages, sure they did For the Union states, But raised the Southener Salaries up x 10 Because they got middle class manufacturing jobs

And us guys with skills like me live great, with money in then bank, a Nice 401 k and great scenery/weather

BULLSHIT

What does "RIGHT TO WORK" mean... what a stupid name. Right to work is a clever way of chiseling away at the rights of workers. This is an anti worker nation. But there is the right to work for lower wages.
It means, Right to Work for Less, as pointed out in the OP.
You leftest fools love your propaganda and love to rewrite history that's one of the reasons why the new generation of rednecks started to vote Republican they didn't want to make crap wages in they fields, they wanted manufacturing jobs and they got it thanks to republican leadership.

Most manufacturing jobs have been shipped over seas, thanks to greedy corporations, and republicans giving them tax breaks to do it.
When was that?

Started around 1987.

The initial attempt to unionize Ford workers occurred in 1913, the golden year of the Tin Lizzie. Ford's profit margin rocketed as the company cranked out Model T's by the thousands. Unfortunately, this amazing success was not putting larger paychecks in the workers' pockets or food on their tables. Profit sharing, bonuses, and increased wages were not in Henry Ford's vocabulary. By 1915 Ford was so rich he was having a huge mansion built in Dearborn, Michigan, called Fairlane, which still stands today. It was a nature center of massive proportions, absorbing property like an angry sponge. It included a waterfall built on the Rouge River. The area was designed by Jens Jensen with costs that ran to $370,000 for landscaping alone! He also made sure he had 500 birdhouses installed, a massive greenhouse for his wife's horticultural hobby, and a miniature house built for his kids to play in

In an interview in the Detroit News after the beatings, Reuther explained what happened. "Seven times they raised me off the concrete and slammed me down on it. They pinned my arms...and I was punched and kicked and dragged by my feet to the stairway, thrown down the first flight of steps, picked up, slammed down on the platform and kicked down the second flight. On the ground they beat and kicked me some more." Many of the other organizers were also beaten severely, and one got a broken back out of the ordeal.

The press was attacked as well, including the Detroit News photojournalist. The security forces tried to destroy all photographic plates of every photographer on hand. But the Detroit News photographer hid his plates under the backseat. When security forces cornered him at his car after a chase he reached in the front seat and handed over blank plates which they smashed on the ground. The photographer and the "real" plates made it in time to stop the presses at the Detroit News plant in Downtown. The story of the Battle of the Overpass and the photos he had taken made front page in newspapers across the country! Ford's reputation was irreparably damaged for years. The door blocking the union from Ford's factories was blown off its hinges. The National Labor Relations Board also took Ford and his security officer Harry Bennett to task and publicly chastised them. On June 20, 1941, Ford finally gave in and signed a contract with the UAW.

Battle of the overpass Henry Ford the UAW and the power of the press peoplesworld

Some white people are mentally conditioned to be serfs and won't be happy until society is once again in the condition of Ford's Time...

Funny you should say that.

Many white people in the United States are descendents of European serfs who had it far worse off than any African-American slaves and for far, far longer. Yet, these people never demanded reparations for wrongs in the distant past, never wanted or needed affirmative action to compensate for their shortcomings, never needed or wanted a tax evading race hustling pseudo preacher to speak for them, never complained about discrimination, never disrespected authority and always worked hard and never wanted to "burn this bitch down".

Mentally conditioned to be serfs?

Are you talking about the mental midgets who need a brutal union thug to pretend to bargain for them?

The initial attempt to unionize Ford workers occurred in 1913, the golden year of the Tin Lizzie. Ford's profit margin rocketed as the company cranked out Model T's by the thousands. Unfortunately, this amazing success was not putting larger paychecks in the workers' pockets or food on their tables. Profit sharing, bonuses, and increased wages were not in Henry Ford's vocabulary. By 1915 Ford was so rich he was having a huge mansion built in Dearborn, Michigan, called Fairlane, which still stands today. It was a nature center of massive proportions, absorbing property like an angry sponge. It included a waterfall built on the Rouge River. The area was designed by Jens Jensen with costs that ran to $370,000 for landscaping alone! He also made sure he had 500 birdhouses installed, a massive greenhouse for his wife's horticultural hobby, and a miniature house built for his kids to play in

In an interview in the Detroit News after the beatings, Reuther explained what happened. "Seven times they raised me off the concrete and slammed me down on it. They pinned my arms...and I was punched and kicked and dragged by my feet to the stairway, thrown down the first flight of steps, picked up, slammed down on the platform and kicked down the second flight. On the ground they beat and kicked me some more." Many of the other organizers were also beaten severely, and one got a broken back out of the ordeal.

The press was attacked as well, including the Detroit News photojournalist. The security forces tried to destroy all photographic plates of every photographer on hand. But the Detroit News photographer hid his plates under the backseat. When security forces cornered him at his car after a chase he reached in the front seat and handed over blank plates which they smashed on the ground. The photographer and the "real" plates made it in time to stop the presses at the Detroit News plant in Downtown. The story of the Battle of the Overpass and the photos he had taken made front page in newspapers across the country! Ford's reputation was irreparably damaged for years. The door blocking the union from Ford's factories was blown off its hinges. The National Labor Relations Board also took Ford and his security officer Harry Bennett to task and publicly chastised them. On June 20, 1941, Ford finally gave in and signed a contract with the UAW.

Battle of the overpass Henry Ford the UAW and the power of the press peoplesworld

Some white people are mentally conditioned to be serfs and won't be happy until society is once again in the condition of Ford's Time...

Funny you should say that.

Many white people in the United States are descendents of European serfs who had it far worse off than any African-American slaves and for far, far longer. Yet, these people never demanded reparations for wrongs in the distant past, never wanted or needed affirmative action to compensate for their shortcomings, never needed or wanted a tax evading race hustling pseudo preacher to speak for them, never complained about discrimination, never disrespected authority and always worked hard and never wanted to "burn this bitch down".

Mentally conditioned to be serfs?

Are you talking about the mental midgets who need a brutal union thug to pretend to bargain for them?

Feel Better???...lol.

Government is supposed to be NEUTRAL, ie, neither favoring unionism nor "right to work" laws..

It should be understood that in , what is supposed to be a free nation, individuals ought to have a right to join or not join a union.

They have a right to work if the employer chooses to enter in an employment relationship with the individual. But a "right to work" law is a regulatory statute and should be opposed by all freemen.

Government is supposed to be NEUTRAL, ie, neither favoring unionism nor "right to work" laws..

It should be understood that in , what is supposed to be a free nation, individuals ought to have a right to join or not join a union.

They have a right to work if the employer chooses to enter in an employment relationship with the individual. But a "right to work" law is a regulatory statute and should be opposed by all freemen.

Another component on the scene is called "enlightened management" some employers have found that treating employees fairly is to their benefit. Would they have done so before all the laws and unions came into the picture, who knows.

Exactly!

A good relationship hinges on mutual respect.

Something unions know nothing about.

then you are one of the lucky ones who work for a good company.....

Yes, that's the only way somebody can get a good job without a union. Luck.

You Leftwats are truly deluded.
now im back to being a lefty....hey dean and luddy?....here that?...this dufas thinks im one of you guys....
thumbsup.gif
Looks like a duck, shits like a duck...
oh oh.....im pro union....i MUST be a lefty....so you are another one of those dipshits who feel if ...."you dont agree with me,you must be one of them"...you do realize only dumbasses think like that right?....if it looks like a dumbass,shits like a dumbass.....
day8f.jpg
which one is you?....

Something wingnuts don't understand is that man is a social animal.
Progress comes through cooperative activity. Unions negotiate with the combined strength of all the workers.

But those of you who picture yourselves as rugged individuals who rise to the top through your own talents are blinded by your own bullshit and easily divided and conquered.

You bring down the rest of society. But secure in your mythology you'll probably not realize it until it's too late.

I agree with the principle behind your post. Government has no business getting involved in voluntary employer/employee relations. But labor law is already doing that, in a thousand different ways. Right to work just tries to loosen the screws a bit. Ultimately, it's bad law. It should be thrown out. But it should be thrown out along with the bulk of modern labor law.

It's a little like the 'religious-freedom' (anti-gay) laws that some states are passing. It's clearly bad law, but it's instigated by a bad law in the first place. The only clean solution is to do away with both.

Why do you discount that right? Why shouldn't a worker be allowed to compete for a job by offering to work for less?

Why do you discount that right? Why shouldn't a worker be allowed to compete for a job by offering to work for less?

Race to the bottom.

Poverty is the wage of suckassism.

Right To Work...
...for less

Studies Show Right-To-Work States Have Lower Wages And Benefits

Baker: It "Is Not True" That "In The Absence Of Right-To-Work Laws Workers Can Be Forced To Join A Union." In a February post for the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR), economist Dean Baker wrote:
"Right to work" is a great name from the standpoint of proponents, just like the term "death tax" is effective for opponents of the estate tax, but it has nothing to do with the issue at hand. It is widely believed that in the absence of right-to-work laws workers can be forced to join a union. This is not true. Workers at any workplace always have the option as to whether or not to join a union. [CEPR, 2/28/11]

<snip>

...in addition to state-level economic conditions and cost-of-living differences across states. We find the following:
Wages in right-to-work states are 3.2% lower than those in non-RTW states, after controlling for a full complement of individual demographic and socioeconomic variables as well as state macroeconomic indicators. Using the average wage in non-RTW states as the base ($22.11), the average full-time, full-year worker in an RTW state makes about $1,500 less annually than a similar worker in a non-RTW state.

• The rate of employer-sponsored health insurance (ESI) is 2.6 percentage points lower in RTW states compared with non-RTW states, after controlling for individual, job, and state-level characteristics. If workers in non-RTW states were to receive ESI at this lower rate, 2 million fewer workers nationally would be covered.

• The rate of employer-sponsored pensions is 4.8 percentage points lower in RTW states, using the full complement of control variables in our regression model. If workers in non-RTW states were to receive pensions at this lower rate, 3.8 million fewer workers nationally would have pensions. [EPI, 2/17/11]

How does your State's median income compare?
Find out here
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2015/03/13/personal-median-income-by-state-map/

This from your link.

In states without right-to-work laws unions often sign contracts that require that to the union that represents the bargaining unit. all the workers in a bargaining unit pay a representation fee.

What kind of mealy mouthed dickweed says you are not required to join the union even though you are required to pay union dues?

Race to the bottom.

Those are nice slogans, but what do they mean? Should a store owner have the right to work for less? Should they be allowed to offer lower prices than competing stores?

Dude is your English not that good??
You really don't seem to have a clue about what we are talking about............

Right to Work, Union Shops, and Union Dues
Can employees be required to join a union or pay dues?

If you take a job that is covered by a contract between the employer and a labor union, a representative of the union will typically approach you about membership requirements shortly after you are hired.

Workers have the right, under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), to refuse to join a union. However, some collective bargaining agreements -- the contracts between the employer and the union -- require a company to employ only union workers to do certain jobs. One major reason unions want these contracts is to share the burden of the union's work. The union is required to represent everyone in the bargaining unit, regardless of their union membership. Requiring everyone who gets the benefit of the contract to be a union member solves the problem of so-called "free riders," who reap the windfall of the union's work but don't pay the price.

Generally, a company can't require a worker to become a full union member as a condition of employment, but the worker may have to pay at least some portion of union dues, depending on the basis of his or her objection to the union and the laws of the state where the employer is located.

Unionized work situations generally are either open shop or agency shop. The type of shop that exists within a unionized bargaining unit will be spelled out in the contract between the union representing that unit and the employer. Ask the union representative for a copy of the contract governing your job before you sign up for union membership.

Union Security Agreements and "Right to Work" Laws
The NLRA allows a union and an employer to enter into a contract called a "union security agreement." Although these contracts cannot require a worker to join a union, they can require workers to make "agency fee" payments to the union as a condition of getting or keeping a job. An employer that enters into one of these agreements is required to fire workers who don't either join the union or make the payments called for in the contract. Employers with this type of contract are called "agency shops."

However, the NLRA also allows states to prohibit these agreements, and many states have done so. In these states, workers who decide not to join the union cannot be required to pay any fees to the union, nor can they be fired or otherwise penalized for failing to do so. These statutes, called "right to work" laws, basically require that every unionized workplace be an "open shop," in which workers are free to choose whether or not to join or support the union.

Right to Work Union Shops and Union Dues Nolo.com

So to be clear here, it simply gives the non union worker the ability to work a job that union workers are working at the same rate without having to pay "dues" or union fees ....................

So learn fucking English, or get a different line of shit .................................

Race to the bottom.

Those are nice slogans, but what do they mean? Should a store owner have the right to work for less? Should they be allowed to offer lower prices than competing stores?

You really are clueless aren't you ??

I mean you keep parroting a key word that is totally out of context.

Right to work simply means that if you have union members on job and I come on as the same type of laborer / skill set, that you have to pay me and treat me equally to that union worker and can not make me pay union dues or otherwise penalize me for not being a due paying union member,

Context and intelligence makes for good arguments ..........................

Last edited:

So why don't you be honest on your side and call blue states right to welfare states?

Forum List

Back