Riders ignore woman with head trapped between subway doors

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
For the love of God can't someone just pull the door open?

http://nypost.com/2017/04/06/no-one-helps-woman-with-head-trapped-between-subway-doors/

A disturbing online video shows a straphanger wedged between subway doors from the neck up as passersby casually walk past her on the platform.

The woman found herself caught in between the doors of a No. 4 train at around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday as the train reached the end of the line at the Woodlawn station in the Bronx, transit sources said.

Apparently realizing too late that the train was at its last stop and had already emptied out, the woman rushed for the doors and became trapped, sources said.

The woman, who was standing inside the train car, can be seen in the video with her head and her black and white bag stuck between the two doors.

The short clip, which has gone viral, was taken by another straphanger sitting on the subway across the outdoor platform.

An MTA worker can be seen strolling past the trapped woman in the clip, but the agency said that the employee had already spoken to the woman and told her that workers would have the doors open soon.

“While this is an unfortunate incident, the passenger was able to get out safely with assistance from our train operator,” said MTA spokeswoman Beth DeFalco. “Because the doors were ajar, the train was never in danger of moving.”

For the love of God can't someone just pull the door open?

http://nypost.com/2017/04/06/no-one-helps-woman-with-head-trapped-between-subway-doors/

A disturbing online video shows a straphanger wedged between subway doors from the neck up as passersby casually walk past her on the platform.

The woman found herself caught in between the doors of a No. 4 train at around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday as the train reached the end of the line at the Woodlawn station in the Bronx, transit sources said.

Apparently realizing too late that the train was at its last stop and had already emptied out, the woman rushed for the doors and became trapped, sources said.

The woman, who was standing inside the train car, can be seen in the video with her head and her black and white bag stuck between the two doors.

The short clip, which has gone viral, was taken by another straphanger sitting on the subway across the outdoor platform.

An MTA worker can be seen strolling past the trapped woman in the clip, but the agency said that the employee had already spoken to the woman and told her that workers would have the doors open soon.

“While this is an unfortunate incident, the passenger was able to get out safely with assistance from our train operator,” said MTA spokeswoman Beth DeFalco. “Because the doors were ajar, the train was never in danger of moving.”
Ah yes, that 5 minutes of fame, and doesn't matter how you get it......

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it was a five minutes of fame that the woman asked for.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. The person filming her should be arrested for not helping her because their decision to film her instead just goes to show how much of a help they are not to other people.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it was a five minutes of fame that the woman asked for.

Holly

P.S. The person filming her should be arrested for not helping her because their decision to film her instead just goes to show how much of a help they are not to other people.
I understand that person was on the opposite side of the station, which is across two sets of express tracks.

Holly

P.S. The person filming her should be arrested for not helping her because their decision to film her inssee in ifjust goes to show how much of a help they are not to other people.

You seriously believe he should be arrested for not helping? Can you imagine a place where you can be imprisoned simply because you didn't help someone? Where does that line end? Didn't pull off the road to help a motorist? Didn't get in the middle of a brawl?
I've helped a great many people in my life but I don't think I deserve jail for those I chose not to help
Besides, she ain't even putting up a fuss. Maybe she's just measuring to see if her purse fits that spot.

That's disgusting. The people ignoring her hopefully will have karma knocking at the door very soon. Fucking animals.

Back in the fifties the doors of IRT subway trains (New York City) weren't very hard to pull open enough to let someone squeeze into or out of a car. It seems they've been re-designed.

Holly

P.S. The person filming her should be arrested for not helping her because their decision to film her inssee in ifjust goes to show how much of a help they are not to other people.
You seriously believe he should be arrested for not helping? Can you imagine a place where you can be imprisoned simply because you didn't help someone? Where does that line end? Didn't pull off the road to help a motorist? Didn't get in the middle of a brawl?
I've helped a great many people in my life but I don't think I deserve jail for those I chose not to help
Besides, she ain't even putting up a fuss. Maybe she's just measuring to see if her purse fits that spot.
The person's choice to film her instead of help her is what incriminates their own self. If they don't want their refusal to help in any way be that obvious, they should learn to put the phone away.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The best way for evil to triumph is for good to stand there and not do a thing.

Never help, never strop, never get involved. No good deed goes unpunished. Keep walking, head down and pick up the pace.

Holly

The person's choice to film her instead of help her is what incriminates their own self. If they don't want their refusal to help in any way be that obvious, they should learn to put the phone away.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The best way for evil to triumph is for good to stand there and not do a thing.
I have ridden the Washington DC Metro and 30 to 40 seconds after the door opens, you hear "Please stand back, the doors are closing". At this time the doors close, and the doors are NOT like elevator doors. If you are STUPID enough to shove in, then you are STUPID enough to pay for the consequences. Darwin Theory applies.

^^^ Do keep in mind that there are those who can not move that fast, like an old person or someone with health issues for example. What should be done about them should they get stuck in some way? Should people like that have to pay more than they already have to?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I have ridden the Washington DC Metro and 30 to 40 seconds after the door opens, you hear "Please stand back, the doors are closing". At this time the doors close, and the doors are NOT like elevator doors. If you are STUPID enough to shove in, then you are STUPID enough to pay for the consequences. Darwin Theory applies.
DC Metro requires drivers to pass a diction test so that no one but the hardest core ghetto passengers can understand.
Sample (pronounced as one word):
'Sha-hah-uvahsty-dohs-op-rah-sah'
(Shaw/Howard University, doors opening, right side)

Holly

/--- in the 1970s a teen got caught in the doors from the outside. He was trying to get on the train. He looked terrified as the train began to move. I reached through the gap in the door and held his belt buckle until the train stopped at the next station. When the door opened he casually stepped on board and nodded thanks. Just like it happened everyday.

Forum List

Back