Rich Paid More Revenue Under Bush Tax Cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wehrwolfen, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Wehrwolfen

Wehrwolfen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Rich Paid More Revenue Under Bush Tax Cuts​

by Tony Lee
    2 Dec 2012

While progressives attack the Bush tax cuts and President Barack Obama wants to let them expire for families making over $250,000, figures released by the IRS show the wealthiest 1% actually paid more in taxes after the Bush tax cuts were passed, and the bottom half of taxpayers actually paid less in income taxes.

According to IRS data, the “richest 1% paid $84 billion more in taxes in 2007 than they had in 2000,” a 23% increase. In addition, their “share of the overall income tax burden grew, climbing from 37% in 2000 to 40% in 2007.” All this occurred even though their rates went down.

Read more:
    Rich Paid More Revenue Under Bush Tax Cuts

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Granny says, "Dat's right - dem Washin'ton politicians raised ever'body's taxes when dey wasn't lookin'...
    :eek:
    $406.7B: Monthly Federal Tax Revenues Hit All-Time Record in April; Individual Income Taxes Up 36%
    May 13, 2013 - Federal tax revenues hit an all-time non-inflation-adjusted monthly high of approximately $406.7 billion in April, according to newly released data from the U.S. Treasury.

3. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,752
    As one of those well below the $250,000 mark, I know I paid less under Bush.

There are facts, then there is the myth libs push to keep people believing they are victims who need government to intervene.

Has anyone noticed state taxes increasing a lot? The federal government made states increase spending with stimulus money, now states scramble to find ways to fund things.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  4. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,854
    This is a fundamental law of economics.

Assume taxable income is $1 million and the tax rate is 25% That means Tax revenue of $250,000.
    Assume the taxable income increases to $1.250 million and the tax rate decreases to 22% the tax revenue is $275,000!
    How can that be progressives/liberal ask... YOU lowered the taxes but tax revenue increased?? That's not right!
    And that's why we are in the mess we are now! All those 1% having lapsed tax rates are keeping more money off shore.
    Not increasing their income here to be taxed more on less income!

The U.S. economy will be between 1.5 and 2.6 percent smaller over the long-term because other nations’ corporate tax rates are considerably more competitive, according to a new study by Ernst & Young and the RATE Coalition, a group lobbying for lower corporate tax rates.
    U.S. Losing Ground from Higher Corporate Tax Rate

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. OriginalShroom

OriginalShroom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,299
    I know that under President Bush my withholdings were within $100 either way every year of what I owed.

Since Obama has been in office, I've had to increase my withholdings every year and this year I had to send them $2.3k.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  6. tyroneweaver

tyroneweaver Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,871
    the dems are so paranoid over how much the rich make and pay in taxes they think the end justifies the means.
    Its open season on us conservatives... get used to it until the Kenyan is out of office

7. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    healthmyths wrote: And that's why we are in the mess we are now! All those 1% having lapsed tax rates are keeping more money off shore.
    Not increasing their income here to be taxed more on less income!

Granny says, "Well den...

... mebbe Obama needs to send Navy Seal team 6...

... to the Cayman Islands to rob some banks."
    :cool:

8. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,025

Liberals are retarded, like everything they believe or say, it's in a vaccum, so these clowns would think that a 100% tax rate would rake in all kinds of money.......they're not that bright

9. OnePercenter

OnePercenter Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,208
    So why don't you let us in on you effective Federal tax rate for 2005 - 2012.

10. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    No, what we don't believe is that a tax rate of zero will increase revenues. The conservative argument always is that revenues increase when tax rates are lowered, but mathematically that is impossible. There is a point where cutting rates will do nothing more than to reduce revenue. As a percentage of GDP, this has been going on for much too long and is a big reason our debt is so high.