Rich company hires hundreds, discriminates; Why won't Obama/Holder act on this?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I can't get past Eric Holder demanding that local police departments "lower standards" so more black candidates can pass. So, I now pay attention, to see if they are consistent on this ideal with other employers. They sued Boeing for "discriminating" against union employees by opening in SC. And maybe you all missed a big one last week. I'll inform you.

A major, mega rich corporation, which is bogged down in a labor dispute already, hired about 300 employees for very high paying jobs. Thousands applied, since these jobs are very high paying. Only a few hundred were accepted, but hundreds of millions of dollars are being paid out, often times money that comes from you and me. We, the taxpayer, often fund the offices of these people as well.

This company showed great discrimination, however. They based hiring ONLY on ability and merit. No consideration was given to diversity, which is a hallmark of liberalism. Why aren't Obama/Holder/NLRB on this issue? Why is this company being allowed to be SO overwhelmingly discriminatory? Their hiring is extremely non-reflective of the population as a whole, AND the standards....much like the police departments...need to be lowered in order for all races to have an equal chance.

Oh, by the way, that company is the NFL. Yep. They had their hiring draft, and the top 10 players were 80% African American, which is far greater than the population at large. Each of these 8 men in the top 10 got hired for jobs worth over $20,000,000. 2 of that 10 were whites. Far less than the white popluation %. And no Hispanics, no Asians, no Arabas. Those three races were almost non-existent in the 300 players taken. The racial diversity was extremely skewed, with blacks far over-represented.

I think Holder should force the NFL to lower it's hiring standards and tests, like he's doing the police, to force more whites, and more hispanics, asians and arabs. These are multi-million dollar jobs. Great health insurance. Jobs that are highly desired.

Taxpayers pay for these stadiums to be built. In some cases, like Green Bay, the public actually owns the team.

Why is the left not demanding more diversity in the NFL, or NBA? These are high paying jobs, even higher than the corporate world jobs that affirmative action demands be racially diverse.

If the left wing labor movement believes all work, all labor, is equal, then sports labor and mechanic labor and corporate labor must be treated the same. I await the left's demands that the extremely non-diverse NFL and NBA lower it's standards so all races can be represented equally to their general population percentage.

Because so many white kids see that their chances of becoming NFL player are slim, they will probably turn to a life of crime and drugs.

Because so many white kids see that their chances of becoming NFL player are slim, they will probably turn to a life of crime and drugs.

I'm just sayin.....the far left labor movement has convinced us that all labor is equal. That "equal work deserves equal pay". And that all employement must be diverse. In all fields of human labor, diversity is as important as safety.

So, in this recession, when literally millions of people would love to have one of these massively high paying jobs, why is that company allowed to use hiring standards and practices that create such a drastically non-diverse, racially unbalanced labor pool?

Just checking on some stats....and another multi-million dollar employer, the NBA, has horrible diversity numbers. Just sayin.....if labor is all equal, why must some labor be diverse, other labor not. Why must some lower their standards for diversity, and not others? Mr. Holder? NLRB?

I can't get past Eric Holder demanding that local police departments "lower standards" so more black candidates can pass. So, I now pay attention, to see if they are consistent on this ideal with other employers. They sued Boeing for "discriminating" against union employees by opening in SC. And maybe you all missed a big one last week. I'll inform you.

A major, mega rich corporation, which is bogged down in a labor dispute already, hired about 300 employees for very high paying jobs. Thousands applied, since these jobs are very high paying. Only a few hundred were accepted, but hundreds of millions of dollars are being paid out, often times money that comes from you and me. We, the taxpayer, often fund the offices of these people as well.

This company showed great discrimination, however. They based hiring ONLY on ability and merit. No consideration was given to diversity, which is a hallmark of liberalism. Why aren't Obama/Holder/NLRB on this issue? Why is this company being allowed to be SO overwhelmingly discriminatory? Their hiring is extremely non-reflective of the population as a whole, AND the standards....much like the police departments...need to be lowered in order for all races to have an equal chance.

Oh, by the way, that company is the NFL. Yep. They had their hiring draft, and the top 10 players were 80% African American, which is far greater than the population at large. Each of these 8 men in the top 10 got hired for jobs worth over $20,000,000. 2 of that 10 were whites. Far less than the white popluation %. And no Hispanics, no Asians, no Arabas. Those three races were almost non-existent in the 300 players taken. The racial diversity was extremely skewed, with blacks far over-represented.

I think Holder should force the NFL to lower it's hiring standards and tests, like he's doing the police, to force more whites, and more hispanics, asians and arabs. These are multi-million dollar jobs. Great health insurance. Jobs that are highly desired.

Taxpayers pay for these stadiums to be built. In some cases, like Green Bay, the public actually owns the team.

Why is the left not demanding more diversity in the NFL, or NBA? These are high paying jobs, even higher than the corporate world jobs that affirmative action demands be racially diverse.

If the left wing labor movement believes all work, all labor, is equal, then sports labor and mechanic labor and corporate labor must be treated the same. I await the left's demands that the extremely non-diverse NFL and NBA lower it's standards so all races can be represented equally to their general population percentage.

dumb

Oh, by the way, that company is the NFL. Yep.

Just checking on some stats....and another multi-million dollar employer, the NBA, has horrible diversity numbers. Just sayin...

You’re obviously a liberal troll pretending to be a rightist to make the conservatives look stupid.

It’s working, btw.

Cause the deterioration in the quality of the game would be so obvious that fans would demand an immediate return to merit hiring. If the average citizen could see how much affirmative action reduces efficiency and ends up costing them personally, they would be just as outraged.

If we could convince the Chinese how great Affirmative Action is, we could slow down their economy too

Forum List

Back