Revisiting Lincoln's Assassination and the War After the Civil War, Graphically

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
the road less traveled
I thought some here might find this interesting way of presenting the events that transpired 150 years ago, and the brutality of the aftermath in the Reconstruction era, graphically.

Revisiting Lincoln s Assassination and the War After the Civil War
ByAri Kelman and Jonathan Fetter-Vorm

Chapter14Full.jpg

Ari Kelman is the McCabe Greer Professor of the Civil War Era at Penn State University. Jonathan Fetter-Vorm is an author and illustrator. He lives in Brooklyn, New York. Their book, Battle Lines: A Graphic History of the Civil War, will be published in May.

I doubt they were all democrats.....but nothing like a bias when trying to retell a story...
They were mostly democrats.

Conservative, traditional, "christian" democrats.
I belive the story can be recounted without only signifying political party affiliation to only the bad guys...saying that mostly is illogical when folks that were not democrats did the same..You do know who was president after Lincoln died? He was no Northern Rabid Republican...

I doubt they were all democrats.....but nothing like a bias when trying to retell a story...
They were mostly democrats.

Conservative, traditional, "christian" democrats.
I belive the story can be recounted without only signifying political party affiliation to only the bad guys...saying that mostly is illogical when folks that were not democrats did the same..You do know who was president after Lincoln died? He was no Northern Rabid Republican...
Oh, indeed I do.

Democrat Andrew Johnson.

I don't think the focus of the story is about that though.

Any other comment on the piece?

Forum List

Back