Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona

• 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429

• 1972 Gran Torino Fastback

• Total voters
I had a 72 grand torino, I hated that car.
What was the reason you hated your 72 grand torino?

I bought it in 1981, every week it seemed I was working on it, starter, the transmission, rebuilt the motor..i was riding my bicycle to my girlfriends house more then I was driving.

I got rid of it and bought a 72 grand prix SE with the 454 in it for 2 grand..loved that car, wished I still had it.

For me, its a toss up between 71 Judge and 69 Mustang Boss. I was born in 87 and I never really got the joy of experiencing true American Muscle Cars. I love looking at them and reading about them, but I never had the opportunity to sit behind the wheel of a Muscle Car and experience the "rush" that everyone I talk to about these cars tell me they felt when they were behind the wheel of one. I hope to restore one for myself one day.

I had a 72 grand torino, I hated that car.
What was the reason you hated your 72 grand torino?

I bought it in 1981, every week it seemed I was working on it, starter, the transmission, rebuilt the motor..i was riding my bicycle to my girlfriends house more then I was driving.

I got rid of it and bought a 72 grand prix SE with the 454 in it for 2 grand..loved that car, wished I still had it.
Really? Nothing is more agitating then owning a car that needs something done to it every other week.

For me, its a toss up between 71 Judge and 69 Mustang Boss. I was born in 87 and I never really got the joy of experiencing true American Muscle Cars. I love looking at them and reading about them, but I never had the opportunity to sit behind the wheel of a Muscle Car and experience the "rush" that everyone I talk to about these cars tell me they felt when they were behind the wheel of one. I hope to restore one for myself one day.

The rush of driving those cars was more than just horsepower and rubber. It was also about being young and thinking that everything you could possibly want was available, if you just worked hard enough for it. You were positive the car you were in was better than anything that came before, and you were convinced that everything else was going to be the same way. All that was before we grew up and saw how shitty things could be, but that short period of time sticks in your memory forever. You can get an old car to restore if you want to, but you will never capture that "RUSH" unless you were there to experience everything that came with it.

The rush of driving those cars was more than just horsepower and rubber. It was also about being young and thinking that everything you could possibly want was available, if you just worked hard enough for it. You were positive the car you were in was better than anything that came before, and you were convinced that everything else was going to be the same way. All that was before we grew up and saw how shitty things could be, but that short period of time sticks in your memory forever. You can get an old car to restore if you want to, but you will never capture that "RUSH" unless you were there to experience everything that came with it.
I'm sure it wouldn't be the same. I could imagine being 16 17 years old, my dad throwing me the keys, me and my buddy picking up our girlfriends, cruising around on country roads and through the city having the time of our lives! Working on older cars are a lot less frustrating than working on these news cars. Its a car technician not a car mechanic now. Made up of mostly computers now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back