Revenge of the Nerds: Obama mixes up 'Star Wars' and 'Star Trek' metaphors

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By Rick Moran
March 2, 2013

We can only imagine what would have happened of Bush or some other Republican had said this.

Michelle Malkin:
After a brief meeting with Republicans this morning concerning the sequester, President Obama reminded reporters of three things: 1) He's not a dictator; 2) The cuts are the fault of congressional Republicans; and 3) He shouldn't have to use his mad Jedi mind-meld skills to get his way:

Asked Friday by CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jessica Yellin why he can't simply lock congressional leaders in a room until they reach a deficit-reduction agreement, President Obama said he can't "force Congress to do the right thing."

"Jessica, I am not a dictator, I'm the president," he said while speaking to reporters in the White House Press Briefing Room. "Ultimately, if Mitch McConnell or John Boehner say we need to go to catch a plane, I can't have Secret Service block the doorway."

"I know that this has been some of the conventional wisdom that's been floating around Washington, and that somehow - even though most people agree that I'm being reasonable, that most people agree I'm presenting a fair deal - the fact that they don't take it means that somehow I should do a Jedi mind-meld with these folks and convince them to do what's right," he added.​

Read more:
Blog: Revenge of the Nerds: Obama mixes up 'Star Wars' and 'Star Trek' metaphors

ObamaVulcan.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick
Vulcan Mind Meld

Yeah, I could see people screwing that up, especially if yer not a Star Wars nerd.

What's interesting is the origin of the term "jedi" and no, it doesn't come from Star Wars.

Obama is one clueless person..

Just like,Corps-man
and this is running our country, damn scary

By Rick Moran
March 2, 2013

We can only imagine what would have happened of Bush or some other Republican had said this.

Michelle Malkin:
After a brief meeting with Republicans this morning concerning the sequester, President Obama reminded reporters of three things: 1) He's not a dictator; 2) The cuts are the fault of congressional Republicans; and 3) He shouldn't have to use his mad Jedi mind-meld skills to get his way:

Asked Friday by CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jessica Yellin why he can't simply lock congressional leaders in a room until they reach a deficit-reduction agreement, President Obama said he can't "force Congress to do the right thing."

"Jessica, I am not a dictator, I'm the president," he said while speaking to reporters in the White House Press Briefing Room. "Ultimately, if Mitch McConnell or John Boehner say we need to go to catch a plane, I can't have Secret Service block the doorway."

"I know that this has been some of the conventional wisdom that's been floating around Washington, and that somehow - even though most people agree that I'm being reasonable, that most people agree I'm presenting a fair deal - the fact that they don't take it means that somehow I should do a Jedi mind-meld with these folks and convince them to do what's right," he added.​

Read more:
Blog: Revenge of the Nerds: Obama mixes up 'Star Wars' and 'Star Trek' metaphors

That's IT! IMPEACH HIM NOW!!!!!

Oh the outrage!

It's silly knowing how pissed off you would be with the President if all the policies were the same as they are now, but a Republican were in charge. To prove that all we have to do is look back to your posts under Bush.

Does anyone else ever feel weird talking to swallow when you know he's a full on progressive homophobe?

Like Capt Kirk said.....may the force be with you

Forum List

Back