Rev. Wright Praises Magazine’s ‘No Nonsense Marxism’

........ In his book President Obama mentioned that he followed the teachings of Martin Luther King , thats paraphrasing. Dr. King who I greatly admire by the way, dreamed of an all inclusive society where a person was judged on their the content of their character and not on the color of their skin. Given that the Rev. Wright from his serom(s) while trying to uplift the black community which I admire as well, appears to teach the opposite of Dr. King. which I do not agree with. What I had said when it comes to the President. is that generally people are the sum of all their experiences and having been subjected to what I term to be a "seperatist" doctrine the President at the very least was introduced to it and as such it became part of his life experience as was his readings about Dr. King. I am a big believer that when our society STOPS judging people by the color of their skin no matter what the agenda then we will see one another for what we really are and thats human beings. While I do understand how someone can admire Rev. Wright for the deeds of the church because thats easy to admire, I for one do not agree on the Rev(s). divisive comments which seem to show a desire to keep people seperate based on the color of their skin.

Rev. Wright is not a separatist. If he was, he either would have convinced the church to leave the UCC or he would have left himself. The UCC is a predominately white denomination. Why would anyone preaching hatred towards whites or black separatism stay within the UCC? Not only did Rev. Wright stay in the UCC, but he created its largest congregation. Trinity UCC is also one of the largest (if not the largest) financial supporter of the UCC. Trinity's membership in the UCC and their financial support is totally voluntary. Trinity does have white members in spite of its location within an overwhelmingly black neighborhood and its use of African cultural traditions. Almost every Sunday there are visiting groups from the greater Chicago area. Many of these groups are predominately white. Why would these groups continually return if the congregation was hostile toward them or the sermon attacked them? I read lots of testimonials by white people talking about how wonderful and welcoming their experiences at Trinity where.

Rev. Wright from the National Press Club.
The prophetic theology of the black church has always seen and still sees all of God's children as sisters and brothers, equals who need reconciliation, who need to be reconciled as equals in order for us to walk together into the future which God has prepared for us.

Reconciliation does not mean that blacks become whites or whites become blacks and Hispanics become Asian or that Asians become Europeans.

Reconciliation means we embrace our individual rich histories, all of them. We retain who we are as persons of different cultures, while acknowledging that those of other cultures are not superior or inferior to us. They are just different from us.

We root out any teaching of superiority, inferiority, hatred, or prejudice.

And we recognize for the first time in modern history in the West that the other who stands before us with a different color of skin, a different texture of hair, different music, different preaching styles, and different dance moves, that other is one of God's children just as we are, no better, no worse, prone to error and in need of forgiveness, just as we are.
I love how you leave out all the facts. You come off as being someone who has absolutely no knowledge on this situation.
What facts have I left out? Trinity UCC is the largest congregation in a predominately white denomination. It is a fact. Has been for years. I've read several of Rev. Wright's books and watched many of his sermons and speeches. Since early 2007, I've watched numerous services from Trinity that are streamed over the internet.
SenseCommon said:
Rev. Wright is a known separatist who preaches hate speech. He's a race baiter along the lines of Al Sharpton, and Jessie Jackson. His goal is to keep the races separate by provoking feelings of discontent among them.
The following is from an article by Martin Marty, professor emeritus at the University of Chicago Divinity School.
Trinity focuses on biblical teaching and preaching. It is a church where music stuns and uplifts, a church given to hospitality and promoting physical and spiritual healing, devoted to education, active in Chicago life, and one that keeps the world church in mind, with a special accent on African Christianity. The four S's charged against Wright — segregation, separatism, sectarianism, and superiority — don't stand up, as countless visitors can attest. I wish those whose vision has been distorted by sermon clips could have experienced what we and our white guests did when we worshiped there: feeling instantly at home.

Yes, while Trinity is "unapologetically Christian," as the second clause in its motto affirms, it is also, as the other clause announces, "unashamedly black." From its beginning, the church has made strenuous efforts to help black Christians overcome the shame they had so long been conditioned to experience. That its members and pastor are, in their own term, "Africentric" should not be more offensive than that synagogues should be "Judeocentric" or that Chicago's Irish parishes be "Celtic-centric." Wright and colleagues insist that no hierarchy of races is involved. People do not leave Trinity ready to beat up on white people; they are charged to make peace.

SenseCommon said:
President Obama has publicly condemned Rev. Wright on numerous occasions for his hate speech. So have Anti-defamation organizations.

Rev. Wright is known to have distributed white hate materials among his followers. His views on white people as the enemy are very clear.
Can you provide an example of the "white hate material", you are the only person I've ever seen reference this.
SenseCommon said:
I suggest you read, learn the facts, and understand the man we are talking about. I live on the south side of Chicago. I know this mans voice all too well. I live the hate he preaches. So sitting in the bleachers in whatever far away state you live in, defending this man, is pathetic!
As I noted previously, I've done lots of research. I've read lots of accounts of people who have attended services at Trinity. I've read conservative evangelical Stephan Mansfield's book, "Faith of Barack Obama". Mansfield actually visited Trinity. Search Booktv for Stephan Mansfield and you can find video of him talking about his experience at Trinity.

I've taken the time to determine for myself if the criticisms of Rev. Wright stand up. While I might not agree with everything that Rev. Wright believes, I know that it is not hatred that he is preaching.

The following is one example of how Rev. Wright's ministry has changed people's lives for the better. This appeared in the Wall Street Journal.
Soon after abuse and neglect put her on the street at age 16, Ms. Hill met her future husband, Curtis Hill, another homeless teenager. They found jobs, rented and then purchased a home and started a family. Ms. Hill became a paralegal, her husband an office-equipment technician. When their firstborn, Curtis II, was 9, Ms. Hill vowed to expose him to church.

Going to Trinity changed the family. "My parents had been known for their New Year's Eve party, freely flowing with libations," recalls Curtis II, now 27. "But the church turned them into different people."

Ms. Hill credits the sermons of Mr. Wright with instilling in her a sense of social responsibility. Following her daytime work at a law firm, she began attending graduate classes at a local seminary. Deciding that God was calling her to the street rather than the pulpit, she established In His Grip Ministries and opened her family's door to prostitutes, drug dealers and the homeless -- anyone seeking a warm meal, a break from the cold or a gift on Christmas Eve. When a local gang firebombed Ms. Hill's car, she put on its burnt shell a poster that said, "and God still loves you," a move that ultimately led the gang to befriend her.

Rev. Wright is not a separatist. If he was, he either would have convinced the church to leave the UCC or he would have left himself. The UCC is a predominately white denomination. Why would anyone preaching hatred towards whites or black separatism stay within the UCC? Not only did Rev. Wright stay in the UCC, but he created its largest congregation. Trinity UCC is also one of the largest (if not the largest) financial supporter of the UCC. Trinity's membership in the UCC and their financial support is totally voluntary. Trinity does have white members in spite of its location within an overwhelmingly black neighborhood and its use of African cultural traditions. Almost every Sunday there are visiting groups from the greater Chicago area. Many of these groups are predominately white. Why would these groups continually return if the congregation was hostile toward them or the sermon attacked them? I read lots of testimonials by white people talking about how wonderful and welcoming their experiences at Trinity where.

Rev. Wright from the National Press Club.
I love how you leave out all the facts. You come off as being someone who has absolutely no knowledge on this situation.
What facts have I left out? Trinity UCC is the largest congregation in a predominately white denomination. It is a fact. Has been for years. I've read several of Rev. Wright's books and watched many of his sermons and speeches. Since early 2007, I've watched numerous services from Trinity that are streamed over the internet.

The following is from an article by Martin Marty, professor emeritus at the University of Chicago Divinity School.

Can you provide an example of the "white hate material", you are the only person I've ever seen reference this.
SenseCommon said:
I suggest you read, learn the facts, and understand the man we are talking about. I live on the south side of Chicago. I know this mans voice all too well. I live the hate he preaches. So sitting in the bleachers in whatever far away state you live in, defending this man, is pathetic!
As I noted previously, I've done lots of research. I've read lots of accounts of people who have attended services at Trinity. I've read conservative evangelical Stephan Mansfield's book, "Faith of Barack Obama". Mansfield actually visited Trinity. Search Booktv for Stephan Mansfield and you can find video of him talking about his experience at Trinity.

I've taken the time to determine for myself if the criticisms of Rev. Wright stand up. While I might not agree with everything that Rev. Wright believes, I know that it is not hatred that he is preaching.

The following is one example of how Rev. Wright's ministry has changed people's lives for the better. This appeared in the Wall Street Journal.
Soon after abuse and neglect put her on the street at age 16, Ms. Hill met her future husband, Curtis Hill, another homeless teenager. They found jobs, rented and then purchased a home and started a family. Ms. Hill became a paralegal, her husband an office-equipment technician. When their firstborn, Curtis II, was 9, Ms. Hill vowed to expose him to church.

Going to Trinity changed the family. "My parents had been known for their New Year's Eve party, freely flowing with libations," recalls Curtis II, now 27. "But the church turned them into different people."

Ms. Hill credits the sermons of Mr. Wright with instilling in her a sense of social responsibility. Following her daytime work at a law firm, she began attending graduate classes at a local seminary. Deciding that God was calling her to the street rather than the pulpit, she established In His Grip Ministries and opened her family's door to prostitutes, drug dealers and the homeless -- anyone seeking a warm meal, a break from the cold or a gift on Christmas Eve. When a local gang firebombed Ms. Hill's car, she put on its burnt shell a poster that said, "and God still loves you," a move that ultimately led the gang to befriend her.
You are brain washed. Why don't you post Rev. Wright's anti-Semitic words?

Didn't think so!

I pose the same question to you....

Where do you live?

How can't you under stand the act of timing? People died! Families lost their fathers! You wait to make a speech like that out of courtesy for those who've died. But lets move past that....

Why can't you acknowledge Wright's anti-semitics?

Why can't you acknowledge Wright's race bating, and separatist themes?

Why can't you acknowledge Wright's passing out white hate materials among his followers for years?

Why can't you acknowledge both President Obama, and anti-defamation organizations voicing concerns for Wright's preachings, on many occasions?

Where do you live? I live on the south side of Chicago. Who do you think has more credibility on this issue?

I'll be waiting for you to address each of my questions.....

We've reached the point where it's time for you to do the work...provide links...
This is the point where you retreat, I see.

Where do you live?

I live in reality...I told you in the beginning that I don't agree with everything the man says, But at the same time, I'm not going to completely condemn the man either...you see a monster, I don't. I agree with the president; Jeremiah Wright's views are largely generational...the America Wright grew up in is different from the America Obama's generation grew up in...as someone closer to Wright's generation, I also know that America.

As a liberal, I've never feared words, ideas or associations...I am confident that my values and beliefs cannot be tainted, swayed or stained just by hearing something controversial or provocative. I am free to agree or to disagree...I choose...

Also, I will never condemn the truth, and there IS much truth in Wright's words, you may not want to hear it, and he may present it in an abrupt and uncomfortable way, but truth stands on it's own...

Jeremiah Wright has grown to hate injustice, abuse and killing...so have I...there is nothing honorable or sacred in abusing or killing another human being...

Your "white guilt" obsession tells me you may only see the world as either black OR white, while truth always lies somewhere in between...And you want Jeremiah Wright to be either ALL good or ALL bad...I've yet to meet THAT person...

But hey, maybe you really believe America can do no wrong, that we are always right and we always put human life first...But that would make you a nationalist and a statist...I'm a free man...

Those who want the Government to regulate matters of the mind and spirit are like men who are so afraid of being murdered that they commit suicide to avoid assassination.
President Harry S. Truman

Didn't think so!

Where do you live?

Jeremy P. Jacobs writing in the Washington Independent.
As these groups [Republican Jewish Coalition and the Jewish Defense League] continue to contend that Wright (and Obama by association) is anti-Semitic and/or anti-Israel, a couple recent conversations I had with leaders of the Chicago Jewish community painted a far different picture.

While Melanie Maron was working as the associate director of the American Jewish Committee's (AJC) Chicago chapter, she took international delegations to Wright's Trinity Church. "We would call and make it very clear we were from AJC and that we had a large delegation," Maron, who is now the executive director of the AJC Washington D.C. chapter and spoke only for her personal experiences and not for AJC. "We were always very warmly welcomed. There was never any hesitation and they were happy to have us. We were even acknowledged by Reverand Wright from the lectern."

On one occasion, Wright met with the Maron and a German delegation for 30 minutes before the service. Wright, who speaks German, laid out the history of the black church in America and took questions. In the service, "Wright announced that we were there and the choir sang a song in German," Maron said. "It was a powerful and warm welcoming experience."

"My experience with Trinity and Rev. Wright personally was always very positive," added Maron.
In June 2009, Rev. Wright was accused of making anti-Semitic remarks. Rev. Wright was making a point about groups with political influence in the Obama Administration. Earlier in the year, Rev. Wright made similar remarks without ever mentioning Jewish PACs. In those remarks Rev. Wright stated that he was the only person in the world that Obama won't be meeting with because of the political ramifications. Rev. Wright understood that he worded his June remarks poorly which is why he issued an immediate apology.
STATEMENT FROM REVEREND JEREMIAH A. WRIGHT
REGARDING RECENT NEWS REPORTS ABOUT THE
JUNE 10, 2009 ARTICLE IN THE DAILY PRESS

Chicago – “I am extremely disturbed and deeply saddened that once again my comments as reflected in the June 10, 2009 Daily Press article have resurfaced a divisive debate about my relationship with President Barack Obama. I love President Obama as my son, and support and honor him as the President of the United States America and leader of the free world.

I apologize to the Jewish community and all others who were offended by the way in which I framed my comments. I misspoke.

I meant no harm or ill-will to the American Jewish community or the Obama Administration. My great respect for the Jewish faith and the foundational (and central) part of my Judeo Christian tradition are unquestionable and I pray that all whom I have hurt accept my sincerest apology.”
I used to live in Chicago. Growing up I also lived in several Chicago suburbs. I am aware of how racial divided Chicago is or at least was. Dr. King has been quoted as saying that Chicago was more hostile to the civil rights movement then any place in the south. Chicago has also been a solidly Democratic city, well except for the first time a black man ran for mayor then many would rather have seen a Republican mayor then a black mayor.

Trinity's services are streamed live on the internet, so anyone can see for themselves what is going on.

This buffoon is not only a Marxist Loon but is also a despicable Bigot. There is absolutely no difference between his "Church" and a KKK Rally. Hey keep spinning for him though if it makes you happy. The rest of us will just continue to see this cretin for what he is.

This buffoon is not only a Marxist Loon but is also a despicable Bigot. There is absolutely no difference between his "Church" and a KKK Rally. Hey keep spinning for him though if it makes you happy. The rest of us will just continue to see this cretin for what he is.
Yeah, because of all those KKK rallies attended by black people and all the people in the KKK who are establishing chapters of the NAACP and contributing to the United Negro College fund. Lets see, one group proclaims the superiority of a particular race and advocates for the separation of races and the other proclaims the equality of all races and works with people from all races. Real hard to tell the difference.

He's a despicable Bigot and it doesn't matter how many different ways you try and spin it. His Sunday "Church" rants were no different than what you would see at a KKK Rally. "Evil Whitey" and "Evil America" rants could hardly be called legitimate Church Sermons. Keep your spin going but i'll never buy it.

Yeah, because of all those KKK rallies attended by black people and all the people in the KKK who are establishing chapters of the NAACP and contributing to the United Negro College fund. Lets see, one group proclaims the superiority of a particular race and advocates for the separation of races and the other proclaims the equality of all races and works with people from all races. Real hard to tell the difference.
The NAACP isn't as bad as the KKK. But it's not as far off as you make it out to be.

The NAACP speaks negatively about white people. It's a group that promotes separation between the races. Have you ever been to one of their events?

Didn't think so!

Where do you live?

As these groups [Republican Jewish Coalition and the Jewish Defense League] continue to contend that Wright (and Obama by association) is anti-Semitic and/or anti-Israel, a couple recent conversations I had with leaders of the Chicago Jewish community painted a far different picture.

While Melanie Maron was working as the associate director of the American Jewish Committee's (AJC) Chicago chapter, she took international delegations to Wright's Trinity Church. "We would call and make it very clear we were from AJC and that we had a large delegation," Maron, who is now the executive director of the AJC Washington D.C. chapter and spoke only for her personal experiences and not for AJC. "We were always very warmly welcomed. There was never any hesitation and they were happy to have us. We were even acknowledged by Reverand Wright from the lectern."

On one occasion, Wright met with the Maron and a German delegation for 30 minutes before the service. Wright, who speaks German, laid out the history of the black church in America and took questions. In the service, "Wright announced that we were there and the choir sang a song in German," Maron said. "It was a powerful and warm welcoming experience."

"My experience with Trinity and Rev. Wright personally was always very positive," added Maron.
In June 2009, Rev. Wright was accused of making anti-Semitic remarks. Rev. Wright was making a point about groups with political influence in the Obama Administration. Earlier in the year, Rev. Wright made similar remarks without ever mentioning Jewish PACs. In those remarks Rev. Wright stated that he was the only person in the world that Obama won't be meeting with because of the political ramifications. Rev. Wright understood that he worded his June remarks poorly which is why he issued an immediate apology.

Chicago – “I am extremely disturbed and deeply saddened that once again my comments as reflected in the June 10, 2009 Daily Press article have resurfaced a divisive debate about my relationship with President Barack Obama. I love President Obama as my son, and support and honor him as the President of the United States America and leader of the free world.

I apologize to the Jewish community and all others who were offended by the way in which I framed my comments. I misspoke.

I meant no harm or ill-will to the American Jewish community or the Obama Administration. My great respect for the Jewish faith and the foundational (and central) part of my Judeo Christian tradition are unquestionable and I pray that all whom I have hurt accept my sincerest apology.”
I used to live in Chicago. Growing up I also lived in several Chicago suburbs. I am aware of how racial divided Chicago is or at least was. Dr. King has been quoted as saying that Chicago was more hostile to the civil rights movement then any place in the south. Chicago has also been a solidly Democratic city, well except for the first time a black man ran for mayor then many would rather have seen a Republican mayor then a black mayor.

Trinity's services are streamed live on the internet, so anyone can see for themselves what is going on.

Good post...are you aware that we're arguing with two people that have gleaned all their knowledge of the civil rights movement, American history and the journey of mankind from diabolically edited You Tube snippets, WND and Fox News? Hitler lived too soon, he could have ruled the world today, but Goebbels would have to learn how to blog...LOL

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Didn't think so!

Where do you live?

First off, it's obvious you are black. You have a giant racial bias.

Chicago is a very liberal city. This isn't 1950. Most blacks and whites get along here. Are there bad parts? Of course! But for the most part everyone gets along. I went to a 50/50 black/white high school a few years back, and I can't remember any racially motivated confrontations.

"Chicago has also been a solidly Democratic city, well except for the first time a black man ran for mayor then many would rather have seen a Republican mayor then a black mayor."

You say this, yet you fail to mention that Harold Washington was indeed elected Mayor of Chicago in 1983 by WHITE voters. That's over 25 years ago that Chicago had no problem electing a black man as it's mayor. Oh, and who did Chicago elect as Mayor before that? Chicago voters elected Jane Byrne, a woman mayor in 1979. When Harold Washing died in office in 1987, who did Chicago politicians decide should take his place? Eugene Sawyer, a black man.

If you are going to play the race card, at least have a clue!

Didn't think so!

Where do you live?

Good post...are you aware that we're arguing with two people that have gleaned all their knowledge of the civil rights movement, American history and the journey of mankind from diabolically edited You Tube snippets, WND and Fox News? Hitler lived too soon, he could have ruled the world today, but Goebbels would have to learn how to blog...LOL

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Hey dummy, I live in a racially diverse area in Chicago. My girlfriend is black. I grew up with black people, going to mixed raced schools. Don't play that card with me.

I love white people who have very limited dealings in race-relations, who somehow think they are an authority on the subject. You think by having white guilt, or kissing up to minorities, that you are "progressive". Lose your white guilt. Stick to watching life from the sidelines, and reporting on it as if you are involved! It's much safer!

You two people are defending a man who our black president condemned on numerous occasions. It makes a whole lot of sense, right?

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Hey dummy, I live in a racially diverse area in Chicago. My girlfriend is black. I grew up with black people, going to mixed raced schools. Don't play that card with me.

I love white people who have very limited dealings in race-relations, who somehow think they are an authority on the subject. You think by having white guilt, or kissing up to minorities, that you are "progressive". Lose your white guilt. Stick to watching life from the sidelines, and reporting on it as if you are involved! It's much safer!

You two people are defending a man who our black president condemned on numerous occasions. It makes a whole lot of sense, right?

WOW...finally; we get to the punchline... this conversation has not about Wright, Obama or America... it was all about YOU...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Chicago is a very liberal city. This isn't 1950. Most blacks and whites get along here. Are there bad parts? Of course! But for the most part everyone gets along. I went to a 50/50 black/white high school a few years back, and I can't remember any racially motivated confrontations.

"Chicago has also been a solidly Democratic city, well except for the first time a black man ran for mayor then many would rather have seen a Republican mayor then a black mayor."

You say this, yet you fail to mention that Harold Washington was indeed elected Mayor of Chicago in 1983 by WHITE voters. That's over 25 years ago that Chicago had no problem electing a black man as it's mayor. Oh, and who did Chicago elect as Mayor before that? Chicago voters elected Jane Byrne, a woman mayor in 1979. When Harold Washing died in office in 1987, who did Chicago politicians decide should take his place? Eugene Sawyer, a black man.

You are telling me that the results in 83 and 87 had nothing to do with race, just policy differences. I was there, I know better.

General election results.
99 Daley 71.9%
95 Daley 60.1%
91 Daley 68%
89 Daley 55.4%
87 Washington 53.8%
83 Washington 51.7%
79 Byrne 82.1 %
77 Bilandic 77.4%
75 Daley 77.7%

Being a liberal city is no guarantee against racism.

Last edited:
:wtf: I went to the same Church for almost 20 years. It's a Baptist Church. I was very close with my pastor too, but I never let 'his' personal belief, or views change my own, or shape my own either. My pastor never had any 'hold' over my own thoughts, or my personal beliefs on many different issues and levels. I've been a supporter for gay righs since the 70's. I have always been an advocate womens rights... Pro-choice.
Why do people automatically 'believe' every Church, rev, or pastor brainwashes people into thinking the exact same way they do? Not everyone who goes to Church lives, breaths, or thinks the same way their rev or pastor does. Many folks actually have a mind of their own.

Is your Pastor an America-hating racist marxist-loving prick?

You are telling me that the results in 83 and 87 had nothing to do with race, just policy differences. I was there, I know better.

99 Daley 71.9%
95 Daley 60.1%
91 Daley 68%
89 Daley 55.4%
87 Washington 53.8%
83 Washington 51.7%
79 Byrne 82.1 %
77 Bilandic 77.4%
75 Daley 77.7%

You are comparing his results to Daley? Are you insane?

So let me get this straight: You are complaining about a black candidate not WINNING by enough of a margin in not one, but TWO WINNING elections as mayor of the third largest city in the country, over 25 years ago? Do I have this right?

Thanks for pointing out that in the Democratic primaries in 1983, Washington beat out the incumbent mayor Jane Byrne, and Richard Daley, the son of a Chicago political legend, and our current mayor for the past 20 years.

Thanks for also acknowledging that when Harold Washington died in office in 1987, Chicago politicians selected Eugene Sawyer, a BLACK MAN, to finish out Washington's term.

If you are going to use the race card, at least use it with a tad more validity!

I sniffed out the fact that you were black from the first word you typed. Your racial bias is overflowing onto my keyboard.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

WOW...finally; we get to the punchline... this conversation has not about Wright, Obama or America... it was all about YOU...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
What a coward! Not once in this thread have you addressed anything of substance. You've avoided the core of this debate, choosing to dissect the safe areas in which you dictate are important.

You are that nerdy white guy full of white guilt who thinks kissing up to minorities will make you seem more "progressive" to everyone. You treat minorities like a lapdog, patting them on the head, giving them excuses for everything they do wrong. You do so because you are an elitist who doesn't see black people as being on the same level as you. I smelled you a mile away, and call your kind out every chance I get. You are the white guy who's never had a true relationship with a black person, yet you feel inclined to court yourself around debates as being "credible" on the subject of race-relations in this country. When you see a black person you cross the street. You listen to "Coolio" albums because you think it indulges you into black culture. You are extra nice to your black mail man, you tell everyone how Will Smith is a great actor, and you take hip-hop dance classes. You are a walking cliché', who is apart of that which continues to keep race-relations in this country awkward!

Save the pressure on your keyboard. I have no use for people like you, except to expose you. I don't debate with cowards. Proceed to post some pussy, stolen, conjured up excuse for your white guilt. All it does is make me feel sorry for you!

99 Daley 71.9%
95 Daley 60.1%
91 Daley 68%
89 Daley 55.4%
87 Washington 53.8%
83 Washington 51.7%
79 Byrne 82.1 %
77 Bilandic 77.4%
75 Daley 77.7%

So let me get this straight: You are complaining about a black candidate not WINNING by enough of a margin in not one, but TWO WINNING elections as mayor of the third largest city in the country, over 25 years ago? Do I have this right?

Thanks for pointing out that in the Democratic primaries in 1983, Washington beat out the incumbent mayor Jane Byrne, and Richard Daley, the son of a Chicago political legend, and our current mayor for the past 20 years.

Thanks for also acknowledging that when Harold Washington died in office in 1987, Chicago politicians selected Eugene Sawyer, a BLACK MAN, to finish out Washington's term.

If you are going to use the race card, at least use it with a tad more validity!

I sniffed out the fact that you were black from the first word you typed. Your racial bias is overflowing onto my keyboard.
Not complaining, just pointing out the fact that a bunch of Daley and Byrne voters preferred a no-name Republican over someone in their own party. When was the only time in the last 100 years that that was the case?

Why are you so concerned what race I am? Seems to me you are the one that has issues with race.

Oscar Wilde
What a coward! Not once in this thread have you addressed anything of substance. You've avoided the core of this debate, choosing to dissect the safe areas in which you dictate are important.

You are that nerdy white guy full of white guilt who thinks kissing up to minorities will make you seem more "progressive" to everyone. You treat minorities like a lapdog, patting them on the head, giving them excuses for everything they do wrong. You do so because you are an elitist who doesn't see black people as being on the same level as you. I smelled you a mile away, and call your kind out every chance I get. You are the white guy who's never had a true relationship with a black person, yet you feel inclined to court yourself around debates as being "credible" on the subject of race-relations in this country. When you see a black person you cross the street. You listen to "Coolio" albums because you think it indulges you into black culture. You are extra nice to your black mail man, you tell everyone how Will Smith is a great actor, and you take hip-hop dance classes. You are a walking cliché', who is apart of that which continues to keep race-relations in this country awkward!

Save the pressure on your keyboard. I have no use for people like you, except to expose you. I don't debate with cowards. Proceed to post some pussy, stolen, conjured up excuse for your white guilt. All it does is make me feel sorry for you!

You have a serious mental problem...I don't need to "smell" it...I just read it...

You haven't heard a word I said...and now you tell me what I believe??? My views on Reverend Wright have nothing to do with the color of his skin...they have to do with the man's beliefs and his strong opposition to war, abuse and killing...views that I SHARE. Views that I've spelled out in my numerous replies you...But like I said, this is all about you. The only one that has made this all about black and white is YOU...the person that has started a grand total of one thread on this board...about "white guilt"...

Seek help...

99 Daley 71.9%
95 Daley 60.1%
91 Daley 68%
89 Daley 55.4%
87 Washington 53.8%
83 Washington 51.7%
79 Byrne 82.1 %
77 Bilandic 77.4%
75 Daley 77.7%

Not complaining, just pointing out the fact that a bunch of Daley and Byrne voters preferred a no-name Republican over someone in their own party. When was the only time in the last 100 years that that was the case?

Why are you so concerned what race I am? Seems to me you are the one that has issues with race.
It was easy to point out the fact that you are black. You have a huge racial bias. You just can't see past race. So I simply called you on it, that's all! Ok, let's get back to you crying about a BLACK MAN being ELECTED by WHITE VOTERS as MAYOR of the THIRD LARGEST CITY in the county, for TWO CONSECUTIVE TERMS over TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO, because he didn't win by enough of a margin.....

Chicago's Mayoral succession from 1979 to 1989

Jane Byrne: Woman ... Harold Washington: Black man ... Eugene Sawyer: Black man

That's over 30 years ago, in the third largest City in the country. Harold Washington won two consecutive terms on the ballads of white voters. I'm sorry he didn't win by enough of a margin for your satisfaction, I really am. But politics are dirty. In Chicago they are filthy! So not much went accordingly.

Since you want to bring up the subject of racism in Chicago politics, why don't you tell us the story of Roland Burris? Oh, he's a black man so you want to sweep that under the rug, I understand. That's ok, I'll tell it for you!

Shortly after Burris was picked by the ultra-dirty Illinois Governor Rob Blagojevich, to fill the empty Senate seat left by President Obama, it was brought to light through recordings and other means of investigation that Burris probably got the seat through dirty dealings with Blagojevich. A money offer, something along those lines, the investigation is still on going. Anyway, when the current Governor, Pat Quinn, publicly asked Burris to step down after hearing of his dirty dealings, the black Democrats of Illinois came knocking at Quinn's door. They strong armed Quinn by threating to pull their support for him in the next Gubernatorial race, if he didn't leave Burris in the Senate. So Quinn retracted his statement, and Burris remains in the United States Senate as I type this. Now the black Democrats of Illinois did not care what was best for this country. They simply cared about what was best for their race. They made a decision of importance based solely on the color of the mans skin.

Black people like you playing the race card is getting old and tiresome in this country. You yourself have defended at least two people in this thread so far because they are the same skin color as you. Look beyond race! We are all equal! But black guys like you feel like they missed out on the real civil rights movement years ago, so you try to stir up as much racial tension as you can, so you feel like you are apart of todays civil rights movement. Black guys like you need to be called on their shit. I have news for you, racism isn't running rapid over our society. Most white people are good Americans, who do not act on racism. Most black people are good Americans, who do not act on racism. Racism has been replaced in todays American by racial awkwardness. It's an awkwardness that race-card playing black people like you stir up, and cowardly, scared, white guilt Americans like our friend a few posts up maintains. You pussies need to be called on your shit, because you are the fuckers who keep race-relations in this country as a whole from progressing!

Forum List

Back