Respectful treatment of Koran?

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Could someone please slap me out of this PC nightmare?

They get more upset about their little pamphlet getting dented than we do about our citizens being beheaded. I guess they deserve the world, we don't care enough anymore, and that is sad.

rtwngAvngr said:

They get more upset about their little pamphlet getting dented than we do about our citizens being beheaded. I guess they deserve the world, we don't care enough anymore, and that is sad.

Just another battle in the culture war---common sense is losing at last count.

dilloduck said:
Just another battle in the culture war---common sense is losing at last count.

Its been losing for a long, long time now. Ever since we began to make excuses for any and all crimes committed.

• Banned
no1tovote4 said:
Its been losing for a long, long time now. Ever since we began to make excuses for any and all crimes committed.

Yes. Haven't you heard? Economic inequity causes crime. Anyone who says they were poor and made it without stealing is a liar.

I honestly don't care. If some muslims get upset because a US soldier touches a Koran without performing whatever ritual, tough shit. Muslims arrest Christians for the horrid crime of...not being Muslim, use the Bible for toilet paper, desecrate sacred churches when they need a hideout from pissed off Isrealis who just lost another bussload of children, etc. I don't care what anyone does to the Koran. How many times have Jews and Christians rioted in the streets because of what Muslims did? How many Jesuits or Rabbis or Lamas have walked into a mosque with 10 pounds of cemtax srapped to their chest? These people go insane when anything unIslamic catches their gaze.

So no, I don't particualrly care if anyone flushes a Koran. And I am really frickn' sick of how THAT makes international headlines, but not things I mentioned above. Maybe everyone's just scared that if they critcize Islam at all they'll end up like Theo van Gogh, with a knife in their chest and "Allah Akbar!" attacked to it.

rtwngAvngr said:

When innocent American heads are being sliced off in the name of Allah, you hear hardly a peep from the Muslim community worldwide...

When some Islamic prisoners get their Korans disrespected, the Muslim community worldwide goes crazy, condemning the abuse, demanding punishment....although they destroy Bibles all the time.

it's all about priorities... it's obvious an American life is worth less than a copy of the Koran.

In Malaysia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt, outraged Muslims burned U.S. flags and vowed revenge.

"O America, listen, listen, with my blood I will protect my Koran," shouted thousands of Lebanese at a Hizbollah rally in a Shi'ite suburb of Beirut. "America is the enemy of Muslims." Similar protests swept the country's Palestinian refugee camps, where bearded Islamists hoisted pictures of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States, and his Iraq-based ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

The commander of the Guantanamo Bay prison camp said on Thursday that the U.S. military had identified five incidents of "mishandling of a Koran" by U.S. personnel there.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=8631451

btw, why is the military handing out copies of the Koran anyhow? I thought the government wasn't supposed to be involved with religion. Where is the ACLU on this matter? (oh, that's right, anything such as Islam which is opposed to Christianity is OK-dokey with them)

The Anti Christian Liberal Union supports that crap, Thats just the kinda breakdown in society they enjoy

• Banned
theim said:
I honestly don't care. If some muslims get upset because a US soldier touches a Koran without performing whatever ritual, tough shit. Muslims arrest Christians for the horrid crime of...not being Muslim, use the Bible for toilet paper, desecrate sacred churches when they need a hideout from pissed off Isrealis who just lost another bussload of children, etc. I don't care what anyone does to the Koran. How many times have Jews and Christians rioted in the streets because of what Muslims did? How many Jesuits or Rabbis or Lamas have walked into a mosque with 10 pounds of cemtax srapped to their chest? These people go insane when anything unIslamic catches their gaze.

So no, I don't particualrly care if anyone flushes a Koran. And I am really frickn' sick of how THAT makes international headlines, but not things I mentioned above. Maybe everyone's just scared that if they critcize Islam at all they'll end up like Theo van Gogh, with a knife in their chest and "Allah Akbar!" attacked to it.

We need to do this to get media attention, and accelarate this argument of why the modern world does nothing about muslim atrocity. Do they take 34 yr olds in the military?

• Banned
Something else struck me as odd. Even within Christianity proper, Bible-Believing christians are considered hillbilly snake handlers, deranged lunatics despised even within the ranks of mainline "ecumenicism". Only the Koran is sacred, even to the secularists. How odd that is.

rtwngAvngr said:
Something else struck me as odd. Even within Christianity proper, Bible-Believing christians are considered hillbilly snake handlers, deranged lunatics despised even within the ranks of mainline "ecumenicism". Only the Koran is sacred, even to the secularists. How odd that is.

They don't repect the Koran at all, they just pretend to to hurt the image of the US Army and Govt. If the terrorists were not Islamic, Islam would be a religion to be distained as much as Judaism and Christianity. But since it appears that Islam hates America almost as much they do, a sort of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing is going on.

I'm just plain ol sick and tired of being told I have to respect something that I don't believe. No one would dare impose Christianity on another person,that would be horribly wrong to a lot of people. I have no respect for say the KKK,yet no one has a problem with that. But I am supposed to respect a religion that wants me dead for no good reason. I believe in respecting other's religions except for this one. It is just absurd to the point where I think any day now,we will be told we should respect the terrorists that want our heads!!!

Forum List

Back