Respect my Authoritah!! -- (AKA Douchenozzle Cop)

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Newlywed couple: Officer blocked us from ER during bride's stroke - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Aline Wright is a cancer survivor, amputee and a newlywed. Wednesday night she began to show signs she was having a stroke.

"I started feeling some left arm numbness and a facial droop," said Aline.

"It appeared to me that I was probably having a stroke."

That's when her husband of four days, Jesse Wright, put her in the car and rushed her to the Erlanger Medical Center. Wright knows an emergency. He is a nurse technician at Erlanger.

On the way to the hospital, Aline says Jesse treated two red lights like stop signs. He would stop and then proceed if no traffic was coming. After Jesse ran the second stop light one block from Erlanger, the officer turned on the cruiser's blue lights and followed the couple into the emergency room parking lot.

"At that point we figured because we were so close to Erlanger emergency department that the police would be aware that's where we were going," said Aline.

According to Aline, the officer caught up with the couple as they were attempting to enter the emergency room at Erlanger Medical Center. Aline says her husband was carrying her in his arms because she could not walk. According to Aline, the officer blocked the entrance and demanded answers for running the red lights.

"He picks me up in his arms and the officer continues to block the way into the emergency room," said Aline.

"He's standing between Jesse and I, and the emergency room doors."

Aline says eventually the officer allowed them to enter the hospital, but says he didn't stop there.

Aline tells Channel 3 Eyewitness News that once the couple was placed in a hospital room, the officer attempted to enter their room to arrest Jesse for evading the police.

On Friday morning the police were back at the hospital. This time Jesse surrendered to Erlanger Security who arrested him on behalf of the Chattanooga Police Department.

Channel 3 had the only crew there as Jesse was released on $7,500 bond, about eight hours after being arrested. He is facing seven charges related to Wednesday night's events, including felony evading arrest. He's due in court on July 9th.

Eyewitness News contacted Chattanooga Police today for their side of the story.

Lt. Kim Noorbergen says the officer was just "doing his job".

Picture of cop in question:

351294711_5_XMNj.jpeg

Not only should all charges be dropped but that cop needs to be suspended at the very least and they should issue that man an official apology.

He should file an immediate law suit against the police department for endangering his wife's life by denying her medical treatment.

Not only should all charges be dropped but that cop needs to be suspended at the very least and they should issue that man an official apology.

He should file an immediate law suit against the police department for endangering his wife's life by denying her medical treatment.

A farker had a good idea...

deduct the cost of her medical care from his pay. That should keep him in minimum wage territory for a few years.

But yeah, lawsuit, big time. I remember last April, when my wife was pregnant with our newest. We were at an outdoor barbeque at a friends house. My wife began to hemorrhage, and we thought for sure she was miscarrying. I put her in the Suburban, and drove that thing like a mutha-fucka to the hospital. I had the emergency flashers on, blowing the horn repeatedly, running red lights, driving on the curb to get around traffic stopped at lights, going excessively fast....I think if a cop had tried to stop me from entering the ER with her, that cop would have had his lights punched out and a swift kick to the balls (they don't issue cups, do they?)

A farker had a good idea...

deduct the cost of her medical care from his pay. That should keep him in minimum wage territory for a few years.

I just read the second half of the farker's comment ... youch!

But yeah, lawsuit, big time. I remember last April, when my wife was pregnant with our newest. We were at an outdoor barbeque at a friends house. My wife began to hemorrhage, and we thought for sure she was miscarrying. I put her in the Suburban, and drove that thing like a mutha-fucka to the hospital. I had the emergency flashers on, blowing the horn repeatedly, running red lights, driving on the curb to get around traffic stopped at lights, going excessively fast....I think if a cop had tried to stop me from entering the ER with her, that cop would have had his lights punched out and a swift kick to the balls (they don't issue cups, do they?)

... and I wouldn't have blamed you one bit had you done so. You don't obstruct a man like that in a potential life threatening situation.

Why do police departments continue to allow their images to be tarnished by bullshit like this?

The police officer should have followed them when he ran the red lights, but when he saw him carrying his wife, should have HELD THE DOOR, then later inquired with the driver as to what was going on.

I think that some cops have this authority chip on their shoulder that makes them think that everyone at all times has to heed to them. Nothing is more apparent than in these videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTMR6O7Q7c]YouTube - Dash Cam: Trooper Chokes EMT Going to Hospital[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkaq9o_qe1M]YouTube - Oklahoma cop pulls ambulance over; puts EMT in chokehold while patient lingers[/ame]

The real kicker is this:

Thursday morning Erlanger security informed the couple that a warrant for Jesse's arrest had been issued, and suggested he turn himself in. Aline says Jesse went to the Hamilton County Jail to turn himself in that evening. According to Aline, jail employees told Jesse that they had no record of a warrant for him and told him he was free to go.

Jesse returned to his ailing wife's bedside at Erlanger Medical Center.

"I thought it was over," said Aline.

"But apparently it wasn't. I was awakened abruptly by people coming in the room."

On Friday morning the police were back at the hospital. This time Jesse surrendered to Erlanger Security who arrested him on behalf of the Chattanooga Police Department.

Channel 3 had the only crew there as Jesse was released on $7,500 bond, about eight hours after being arrested. He is facing seven charges related to Wednesday night's events, including felony evading arrest. He's due in court on July 9th.

Yet they still try to pin a felony evading arrest charge on him.

The balls on them!

Ridiculous.

But let's play devils advocate. Many depts have a quota to raise revenue. I'd like to know how much pressure is on these cops to be pricks. It happens.

Ridiculous.

But let's play devils advocate. Many depts have a quota to raise revenue. I'd like to know how much pressure is on these cops to be pricks. It happens.

There's a time and a place for that, and IMO, this situation ain't close to one of 'em.

If they wanna be pricks and issue speeding tickets to people going 3 MPH over the speed limit to meet a quota, fine, but this is not close to a reasonable revenue generating opportunity.

The real kicker is this:

Thursday morning Erlanger security informed the couple that a warrant for Jesse's arrest had been issued, and suggested he turn himself in. Aline says Jesse went to the Hamilton County Jail to turn himself in that evening. According to Aline, jail employees told Jesse that they had no record of a warrant for him and told him he was free to go.

Jesse returned to his ailing wife's bedside at Erlanger Medical Center.

"I thought it was over," said Aline.

"But apparently it wasn't. I was awakened abruptly by people coming in the room."

Yet they still try to pin a felony evading arrest charge on him.

The balls on them!

Yeah...the story just kept getting more and more amazing. I wanted to include that, but was afraid of running afoul of the copyright restrictions. It was hard to NOT post the whole story.

Channel 3 did a nice job exploiting this injustice for tooting their own horn.

Channel 3 can suck my balls!!!

Another poster on another board said this was on the front page of the local paper there as well.

Should be interesting to see how quickly the media scrutiny makes the city offer to drop all charges and offer a settlement in a lawsuit.

Another poster on another board said this was on the front page of the local paper there as well.

Should be interesting to see how quickly the media scrutiny makes the city offer to drop all charges and offer a settlement in a lawsuit.

What other board?

Spell it out so that G-U-N-N-Y won't know.

What other board?

Spell it out so that G-U-N-N-Y won't know.

Fah!

And you think I would run afoul of Gunny?

Really?

Knowing him, I don't think so.

Last edited:
In officer Dave's written affidavit, he writes "defendant stopped in the ER entrance and jumped out and ran. Police made contact with Defendant at the passenger side of his vehicle and I grabbed the defendant’s arm and he pushed me away scraping my arm with his fingernail. Defendant yelled and said it was an emergency…”

“Defendant pushed through the crowd and carried a female back into the emergency room and place her in a room with no permission of the hospital staff,” Daves writes.

But the ER staff was in fact waiting for Wright and his wife.

"The officer followed me into the emergency room and repeatedly entered the patient room to approach me and repeatedly interrupted the patient care," Wright said. "The other medical professionals had to push him aside and inform him it's not appropriate and he needed to wait outside."

Wright said Daves told him to turn himself into the Hamilton County Jail, where he would be charged with a felony. Wright said when he asked what felony he would be charged with, Daves said "I'll think of something you sh-- head."

Cop Arrests Man For Taking Wife To Emergency Room | couple, emergency, wife - Local News - WTVC NewsChannel 9: Chattanooga News, Weather, Radar, Sports, Lottery

Forum List

Back