Resigning my defense of Islam

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
After investigating which of the 79 countries in the United Nations voted for the right to execute gays without cause, and seeing most of them are Muslim majority nations, I will no longer defend Islam as peaceful.

I do support the right of every American to practice their religion freely, including Muslims.

I've had good experiences with American Sufis, and enjoy Sufi poetry, but I have no problem admitting my stubbornness of clinging to these has blinded me to the dangers of Islamic law.

I was wrong. That doesn't mean I hate Muslims or feel as though there is nothing of value in Islamic spiritual practices.

Last edited:
Our resident experts on Islam should be along shortly to give you links to all of the best propaganda websites. :smoke:

Putting any religion in government and going by the texts is going to bring about evil.

If we went by Biblical law we too would be in favor of executing gays, and anyone who wasn't christian (at a minimum).

Combine religion and lack of money into a culture and this is what you get more often than not.

• Banned
I won't be going there Kalam. I have no interest in anti-islamic propaganda. The facts of how the Muslim countries voted in the UN speaks to me, not the propaganda.

I don't hate Muslims, and I don't feel individual Muslims hate me. I do feel that anti-gay politics and practices are a part of Islamic Law.

As a lesbian, I can't ignore that.

• Banned
Putting any religion in government and going by the texts is going to bring about evil.

If we went by Biblical law we too would be in favor of executing gays, and anyone who wasn't christian (at a minimum).

Combine religion and lack of money into a culture and this is what you get more often than not.

I agree. If the minority group of Christian dominionists were to have their way, America would be a Christian nation by their standards. That would most likely result in the recriminalization of homosexuality and could eventually lead to the execution of gays. That is, if we look to the example of the Christian extremist Church in Las Vegas who supported gay execution in Uganda.

I am opposed to theocracy of any kind, including Buddhist.

I agree. If the minority group of Christian dominionists were to have their way, America would be a Christian nation by their standards. That would most likely result in the recriminalization of homosexuality and could eventually lead to the execution of gays. That is, if we look to the example of the Christian extremist Church in Las Vegas who supported gay execution in Uganda.

Put those fanatical people in charge and take all the money out of the United States and you'd have the same thing here.

• Banned

Put those fanatical people in charge and take all the money out of the United States and you'd have the same thing here.

What I find telling is how many Christians ignore the Dominionists. If there was a Buddhist equivalent movement I would sure be keeping an eye on them.

“I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good… Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don’t want equal time. We don’t want pluralism.” Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue

As Betty Fischer, director of Kids in Ministry International and founder and director of Kids on Fire summer camp in North Dakota, noted in the Jesus Camp documentary, democracy is a problem because it "treats everyone as equals."

Theocratic Organizations

Alliance for Marriage
America's Foundation - Rick Santorum's Political Action Committee
American Center for Law and Justice
American Family Association
American Vision - founded by Gary Demar, leading theocratic ideologue
Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
Center for Arizona Policy
Chalcedon Foundation - led by R. J. Rushdoony
Christian Action Network
Christian Business Men's Committee
Christian Coalition of America
Christian Exodus
ChristianAmerica.Com
Citizens for Excellence in Education - arm of National Association of Christian Educators
CitizenLink.Com - an arm of Focus on the Family
Coalition on Revival - Applying Biblical Principles to Every Sphere of Life and Thought
Concerned Women for America
Constitutional Law for Enlightened Citizens
Coral Ridge Ministries - led by D. James Kennedy
Council for National Policy - secret government council policy formed by Tim LaHaye
Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
Creation Resource Foundation
Eagle Forum
Family Policy Network
Family Research Council
Free Congress Foundation
Home School Foundation - funded by the HSLDF
Home School Legal Defense Foundation (HSLDF)
Institute for Christian Economics - led by Gary North
National Association of Christian Educators (NACE)
Joshua Generation - aimed at 11 to 19 year olds; affiliated with Patrick Henry College
National Center for Home Education - affiliated with HSLDF
National Clergy Council
National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI)- funded by HSLDF
Operation Rescue
Restore America
Rutherford Institute
Traditional Values Coalition
Vision America - founded by Rick Scarborough, Baptist
Vision Forum Ministries
Wall Builders - led by David Barton
Worldview Weekend

Theocratic Educational Institutions

Patrick Henry College - for homeschooled children, partner of HSLDF
Regent University - "Regent" refers to Christian rulers who will govern the nation

Theocratic Publications and Media

A Christian Manifesto - address by Francis A. Schaeffer; summary of theocratic views
A Manifesto for the Christian Church - endorsed by the major theocratic players
American Vision Home School Online Store
Biblical Worldview Magazine
Citizen Magazine - published by Focus on the Family
Civilized Revolt (Formerly Virtue Magazine)
FreeBooks - from the Institute for Christian Economics
Generations - Radio Program
Home School Heartbeat (Radio program)
LifeWay Homeschool, Southern Baptist Convention - affiliated with HSLDF & NHERI
WorldView Magazine

http://www.brucegourley.com/christiannation/theocracy.htm

Last edited:
No one ask you to defend Islam, Sky Dancer.

Come to think about it, you may be making the same mistake with Islam that many atheist make in terms of God-based religions in general. That is a Focus on the downsides of the professed adherents do with it versus the actual purpose of the religion.

Then why did all the mostly christian nations vote against killing gays?

You wouldn't lie about anothers faith would you?

Where the hell in the bible does it talk about executing gays and non christians?

Did I miss a "book of pyschotic bastard" somehwere in my copy of the new testament?

After investigating which of the 79 countries in the United Nations voted for the right to execute gays without cause, and seeing most of them are Muslim majority nations, I will no longer defend Islam as peaceful.

I do support the right of every American to practice their religion freely, including Muslims.

I've had good experiences with American Sufis, and enjoy Sufi poetry, but I have no problem admitting my stubbornness of clinging to these has blinded me to the dangers of Islamic law.

I was wrong. That doesn't mean I hate Muslims or feel as though there is nothing of value in Islamic spiritual practices.

Glad to see you have a better understanding of that religion.

Killing is a little to conservative for you. that is good to know.

That's clever. No one said that mostly Christian nations vote against killing gays or infidels. Who's the liar?

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Last edited:

Very true. If anyone thinks we would be more civilized and equal human rights would be maintained if ANY religion was given free rein in running government, I have a bridge to sell you.

Christianity NO LONGER runs their governments...thank goodness.

The evil is merging the Islamic religion with government and law. I still don't feel the religion itself is fundamentally flawed.

If we look at the Old Testament, and if for some reason, Christian Dominionists were to make the Bible the law of the land in America, the possibility exists for the same kind of excesses to occur.

"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Last edited:

Where the hell in the bible does it talk about executing gays and non christians?

Did I miss a "book of pyschotic bastard" somehwere in my copy of the new testament?

You missed it in the Old testament, it's all over that mess.

The Old Testament is where most christians point to in order to defend their homophobia, Jesus certainly never said anything bad about people being gay but christians will use the old testament as an excuse to keep gays from marrying, call them sinners, etc etc.

Actually, the UK is a theocracy, with the Church of England the official religion.

If Christian Dominionism gains prominence in the US, the Bible will be the law of the land.

"Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel." (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Last edited:

That's clever. No one said that mostly Christian nations vote against killing gays or infidels. Who's the liar?

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

I was speaking of the UN vote.

I care nothing for vast parts of the bible, even less the quran.

When was the last time you heard of christians killing infedels?
When was the last time muslims killed infedels? Last week?

Last edited:

You missed it in the Old testament, it's all over that mess.

The Old Testament is where most christians point to in order to defend their homophobia, Jesus certainly never said anything bad about people being gay but christians will use the old testament as an excuse to keep gays from marrying, call them sinners, etc etc.

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. " (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

"Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed." (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Last edited:

The evil is merging the Islamic religion with government and law. I still don't feel the religion itself is fundamentally flawed.

If we look at the Old Testament, and if for some reason, Christian Dominionists were to make the Bible the law of the land in America, the possibility exists for the same kind of excesses to occur.

"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Any country anywhere practice that?

Don't bother, the answers no, and not since, geez, I don't know when they stopped killing people for working Sunday, since I never heard of it being done.

Forum List

Back