REPUBLICANS: Why wasn't the wall taken care of in Trump's first two years?

This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

It was his biggest promise. And he waits until the Democrats have the House?

:confused-84:
Why wasn't the wall built when Democrats voted for it in 2007...or on Obama's watch at any time from 2009 - 2012?

WHY DO DEMOCRATS OPENLY VIOLATE FEDERAL LAW, PROVIDE SAFE HAVEN FOR VIOLENT ILLEGALS / HUMAN TRAFFICKERS / PEDOPHILES / THIEVES / COP KILLERS BY OPERATING SANCTUARY CITIES?

Why wasn't the wall built when Democrats voted for it in 2007...or on Obama's watch at any time from 2009 - 2012?

Good question.

Did Senate pass immigration bills in 2006, 2013?
So you go all the way back to Bush - which was not my question, then mention a bill that had nothing to do with securing the border and ending the flow of illegals into this country, which WAS my question.....

FAIL.

You also fail to address why Democrats have 'gone the other way', choosing to stand with violent illegal, MS13, human traffickers, thieves, and cop killers by running federal law-violating sanctuary cities.

You demonstrate Democrats are doing everything they can to get illegals INTO the country in salivating expectation of all the votes they will deliver but refuse to address why the Democrats are standing in the way of our ensuring our sovereignty, ending the flow of unidentified illegals into the country, protecting American citizens, enforcing existing law, and to explain why you are defending Democrats violating federal law in support of violent criminal illegals.

Why wasn't the wall built when Democrats voted for it in 2007...or on Obama's watch at any time from 2009 - 2012? WHY DO DEMOCRATS OPENLY VIOLATE FEDERAL LAW, PROVIDE SAFE HAVEN FOR VIOLENT ILLEGALS / HUMAN TRAFFICKERS / PEDOPHILES / THIEVES / COP KILLERS BY OPERATING SANCTUARY CITIES?
Okay, great, so what's your answer to my question?
You want to know why this was not funded during President Trump's 2 years in office, the 2 years in which from Day 1:

- The Democrats have been 100% committed to oppose, resist, and undermine anything and everything the GOP and President Trump would try to do for the American people...

- The treasonous remnants of the Obama administration and democrats began a proven conspiracy and attempted soft coup against the President in which they used Russian-authored Propaganda purchased by the DNC Presidential candidate who could not win her own party's nomination but instead had to steal it, thereby altering the 2016 election, propaganda they used illegally to begin their witch hunt and to acquire warrants to spy on the GOP Presidential nominee during an election...

- The Democrats viciously and vilely attempted to destroy a USSC Judge nominee by falsely accusing him and despite being unable to prove their accusations still attempted to destroy his career, his life, and his family by declaring, in very Un-American fashion, that he was 'Guilty until proven innocent' and that the burden of proof was on him, the accused, not the accuser...

Hatred from Day 1
Treason from Day 1
Sedition from Day 1
Calls for Resistance from Day 1
Lack of civility from Day 1
Calls for increased violent intolerance from Day 1
Refusal to negotiate or Compromise from Day 1
Even rejection an offer for everything they demanded

Why wasn't it done before now?

'Nuff said.

Now answer mine...

^ Perfect example as to why villifying the Dems is far more politically lucrative than building a wall.

Why are the Dems now soley responsible then?
100% commitment to obstruction, to resistance, to denying the President a 'win', for running federal law-violating sanctuary cities to protect violent illegals who prey on US citizens like the recent cop killer who was protected 3 times before he murdered the young officer, because Democrats are willing to pay 2 - 3 times what the President is asking to the corrupt nations that are facilitating the continue illegal invasion, because Democrats falsely intentionally call anyone who supports securing our borders a 'racist', because the Democrats continue to fight to keep illegal immigration going while being repeatedly caught engaging in election fraud by allowing illegals to vote - like down in Broward country this pat election, because Democrats have been offered everything they have asked for as part of a negotiation / compromise and their only stance / intended response has been and continues to be - "NO. We will not give this President a 'Win."

IT IS ALL ON THE DEMOCRATS!

This all seems pretty silly. If this is a "national emergency", why is Trump willing to shut down the government NOW, all of a sudden, when the GOP's strength has decreased so much?

WHY DO DEMOCRATS OPENLY VIOLATE FEDERAL LAW, PROVIDE SAFE HAVEN FOR VIOLENT ILLEGALS / HUMAN TRAFFICKERS / PEDOPHILES / THIEVES / COP KILLERS BY OPERATING SANCTUARY CITIES?

Good question.

So you go all the way back to Bush - which was not my question, then mention a bill that had nothing to do with securing the border and ending the flow of illegals into this country, which WAS my question.....

FAIL.

You also fail to address why Democrats have 'gone the other way', choosing to stand with violent illegal, MS13, human traffickers, thieves, and cop killers by running federal law-violating sanctuary cities.

You demonstrate Democrats are doing everything they can to get illegals INTO the country in salivating expectation of all the votes they will deliver but refuse to address why the Democrats are standing in the way of our ensuring our sovereignty, ending the flow of unidentified illegals into the country, protecting American citizens, enforcing existing law, and to explain why you are defending Democrats violating federal law in support of violent criminal illegals.

You asked. I showed you that it was the Republican House that never took those bills up.

The 2013 bill had tons of border security.

Immigration bill summary

(1) Roughly doubling the number of Border Patrol agents stationed along the U.S.-Mexico border, to at least 38,405.

(2) Completing 700 miles of pedestrian fencing along the border, which would require approximately 350 new miles of fencing.

(3) Installing a host of new security measures and technologies in specified locations along the border, including specific numbers of surveillance towers, camera systems, ground sensors, radiation detectors, mobile surveillance systems, drones, helicopters, airborne radar systems, planes and ships.

(4) Implementing a system for all employers to verify electronically their workers' legal status.

(5) Setting up a new electronic system to track people leaving the nation's airports and seaports.

—The border security improvements are designed to achieve 100 percent surveillance of the border with Mexico and ensure that 90 percent of would-be crossers are caught or turned back.

—If the goals of a 90 percent effectiveness rate and continuous surveillance on the border are not met within five years, a Southern Border Security Commission made up of border-state governors and others would determine how to achieve them.

—Border security spending in the bill totals around $46 billion.

Why wasn't the wall built when Democrats voted for it in 2007...or on Obama's watch at any time from 2009 - 2012? WHY DO DEMOCRATS OPENLY VIOLATE FEDERAL LAW, PROVIDE SAFE HAVEN FOR VIOLENT ILLEGALS / HUMAN TRAFFICKERS / PEDOPHILES / THIEVES / COP KILLERS BY OPERATING SANCTUARY CITIES?
You want to know why this was not funded during President Trump's 2 years in office, the 2 years in which from Day 1:

- The Democrats have been 100% committed to oppose, resist, and undermine anything and everything the GOP and President Trump would try to do for the American people...

- The treasonous remnants of the Obama administration and democrats began a proven conspiracy and attempted soft coup against the President in which they used Russian-authored Propaganda purchased by the DNC Presidential candidate who could not win her own party's nomination but instead had to steal it, thereby altering the 2016 election, propaganda they used illegally to begin their witch hunt and to acquire warrants to spy on the GOP Presidential nominee during an election...

- The Democrats viciously and vilely attempted to destroy a USSC Judge nominee by falsely accusing him and despite being unable to prove their accusations still attempted to destroy his career, his life, and his family by declaring, in very Un-American fashion, that he was 'Guilty until proven innocent' and that the burden of proof was on him, the accused, not the accuser...

Hatred from Day 1
Treason from Day 1
Sedition from Day 1

'Nuff said.

Now answer mine...

^ Perfect example as to why villifying the Dems is far more politically lucrative than building a wall.
I am not 'vilifying' the Democrats...I am pointing out FACT. If their own choices / actions vilify them that is on them.

I don't want to vilify Democrats. I want bipartisan effort to accomplish what they voted for in 2007. I want a secure border and a complete elimination of the FEDERAL LAW-VIOLATING DEMOCRAT SANCTUARY CITIES that continue to provide safe havens to violent illegals, rapists, human traffickers, and COP KILLERS!

Why don't Democrats want this?

Oh yeah....votes....power.

Why are the Dems now soley responsible then?
100% commitment to obstruction, to resistance, to denying the President a 'win', for running federal law-violating sanctuary cities to protect violent illegals who prey on US citizens like the recent cop killer who was protected 3 times before he murdered the young officer, because Democrats are willing to pay 2 - 3 times what the President is asking to the corrupt nations that are facilitating the continue illegal invasion, because Democrats falsely intentionally call anyone who supports securing our borders a 'racist', because the Democrats continue to fight to keep illegal immigration going while being repeatedly caught engaging in election fraud by allowing illegals to vote - like down in Broward country this pat election, because Democrats have been offered everything they have asked for as part of a negotiation / compromise and their only stance / intended response has been and continues to be - "NO. We will not give this President a 'Win."

IT IS ALL ON THE DEMOCRATS!

The president failed to get broad support for his plan. Even from his own party. That is his failing. It's not the job of Congress,( a co-equal branch of govt), to give a president everything they want.

Hatred from Day 1
Treason from Day 1
Sedition from Day 1

'Nuff said.

Now answer mine...

I am not 'vilifying' the Democrats...I am pointing out FACT. If their own choices / actions vilify them that is on them.

I don't want to vilify Democrats. I want bipartisan effort to accomplish what they voted for in 2007. I want a secure border and a complete elimination of the FEDERAL LAW-VIOLATING DEMOCRAT SANCTUARY CITIES that continue to provide safe havens to violent illegals, rapists, human traffickers, and COP KILLERS!

Why don't Democrats want this?

Oh yeah....votes....power.

Hmm....
It wasn't the Dems that made the Republicans not support a wall either.

Good question.

FAIL.

You asked. I showed you that it was the Republican House that never took those bills up.

Immigration bill summary

(1) Roughly doubling the number of Border Patrol agents stationed along the U.S.-Mexico border, to at least 38,405.

(2) Completing 700 miles of pedestrian fencing along the border, which would require approximately 350 new miles of fencing.

(3) Installing a host of new security measures and technologies in specified locations along the border, including specific numbers of surveillance towers, camera systems, ground sensors, radiation detectors, mobile surveillance systems, drones, helicopters, airborne radar systems, planes and ships.

(4) Implementing a system for all employers to verify electronically their workers' legal status.

(5) Setting up a new electronic system to track people leaving the nation's airports and seaports.

—The border security improvements are designed to achieve 100 percent surveillance of the border with Mexico and ensure that 90 percent of would-be crossers are caught or turned back.

—If the goals of a 90 percent effectiveness rate and continuous surveillance on the border are not met within five years, a Southern Border Security Commission made up of border-state governors and others would determine how to achieve them.

The Democrats now claim a 'Border Wall / Fence' is RACIST!
-- Why wasn't it racist in 2007 or 2013?

Thanks for the evidence and agreement that Democrats are just playing politics and betraying the American people now because they hate Trump and the best (and possibly only) way they can think of defeating him is to stand with violent illegals in denying him and the American people who elected him for this reason the wall / border security.

The same Democrats who claimed to want more Border Patrol Agents are the same Democrats today who refuse to accept a briefing from them on what's going on at the border, calling them liars who are making things up...and are the same people calling for the elimination of ICE...and are the same people who are RUNNING ILLEGAL VIOLENT CRIMINAL/COP KILLER-PROTECTING SANCTUARY CITIES TODAY!

you, the Democrats, and snowflakes who continue to try to claim they are not standing with illegals to keep the borders open and illegal immigration happening to reap the benefits of illegal voting, as seen in Broward county in just this last election, are full of shit!

If Democrats don't like something they claim it is Racist, or sometimes Sexist. As they have NO REAL ARGUMENT against these policies, they must resort to utter LIES. The Media repeats it, and the weak minded believe it.

Good question.

FAIL.

Immigration bill summary

The Democrats now claim a 'Border Wall / Fence' is RACIST!
-- Why wasn't it racist in 2007 or 2013?

Thanks for the evidence and agreement that Democrats are just playing politics and betraying the American people now because they hate Trump and the best (and possibly only) way they can think of defeating him is to stand with violent illegals in denying him and the American people who elected him for this reason the wall / border security.

The same Democrats who claimed to want more Border Patrol Agents are the same Democrats today who refuse to accept a briefing from them on what's going on at the border, calling them liars who are making things up...and are the same people calling for the elimination of ICE...and are the same people who are RUNNING ILLEGAL VIOLENT CRIMINAL/COP KILLER-PROTECTING SANCTUARY CITIES TODAY!

you, the Democrats, and snowflakes who continue to try to claim they are not standing with illegals to keep the borders open and illegal immigration happening to reap the benefits of illegal voting, as seen in Broward county in just this last election, are full of shit!

Great.
So the Dems aren't for open borders then?

The president failed to get broad support for his plan. Even from his own party. That is his failing. It's not the job of Congress,( a co-equal branch of govt), to give a president everything they want.
The President has made multiple counter offers as part of negotiations with the Democrats standing with violent illegals / criminals, and Pelosi has reportedly stated she / they will give the President NOTHING - no 'win' - out of pure hatred and political partisanship / political gain.

Snowflakes like you have LIED by declaring the President is holding the US hostage, but he is the only one working to try to negotiate a deal in the best interest of the American people to get a deal done and the govt back pen. Pelosi, Schumer, and the Democrats, are instead refusing to give the President and American people anything and are instead attempting to ram their desire to open back up the govt while continuing to do nothing to ensure our sovereignty, secure our borders, and Protect Americans.

THEY are holding Americans hostage!

The President has made multiple counter offers as part of negotiations with the Democrats standing with violent illegals / criminals, and Pelosi has reportedly stated she / they will give the President NOTHING - no 'win' - out of pure hatred and political partisanship / political gain.

Snowflakes like you have LIED by declaring the President is holding the US hostage, but he is the only one working to try to negotiate a deal in the best interest of the American people to get a deal done and the govt back pen. Pelosi, Schumer, and the Democrats, are instead refusing to give the President and American people anything and are instead attempting to ram their desire to open back up the govt while continuing to do nothing to ensure our sovereignty, secure our borders, and Protect Americans.

THEY are holding Americans hostage!

They've offered to continue negotiations with the govt reopened. Seems reasonable.

Great. So the Dems aren't for open borders then?
YOU said that, not me.

The Democrats are for 'political theater'.

As pointed out, they were offered by the GOP everything they wanted with the Dream Act - no demand was denied them....they had won for the Latinos they claimed to have wanted to help...and then walked away from the table, screwing the Latinos like they screwed Bernie and his supporters in 2016.

Now the Democrats are saying:
Eliminate Ice
No money for the Border
We will continue to protect violent illegals / cop killers with Dem Sanctuary Cities
100% Commitment to continue to obstruct, resist - no giving Trump a 'win'

They've offered to continue negotiations with the govt reopened.
Do you think everyone is as stupid as you or that others are as stupid as Gruber and Democrats thinks you are?

'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.'
-
It's not the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th that taught the lesson, It was the hundreds of times after that 2nd one.

'We will negotiate with you on potentially funding border security AFTER you surrender completely without any assurances we will keep our word...'

'Obamacare will not cost a dime...it will pay for itself...it will lower the cost of health insurance.'

'If you like your plan and your doctor you can keep your plan and doctor.'

'It was a protest over a video.'

'We did not spy on the American people ... or US Senate ... or the USSC.'

'I did not have sex with that woman.'

Bwuhahahaha.....

Please forgive me when I laugh in your face at the offer from Democrats that if you give them what they want now they will THINK about negotiating / compromising with you later base on their 'word' they would do so.

They've offered to continue negotiations with the govt reopened. Seems reasonable.

You think "give us what we want first" then "we'll talk about giving you what you want" seems reasonable to you? Even Donald Trump isn't foolish enough to fall for that one, he'd be committing political suicide since his base would go ballistic.

He's either got to get something substantial that he can take back to his base so he can declare victory OR he has to hold out until the pain is so intense that he can be forgiven for capitulating and we're not there yet.

_105061228_trump_wall3.png-nc.png

No, Mexico isn't paying for wall through Trump's trade deal

~S~
The money we will save by not feeding, housing, and healthcare for illegals will more than pay for it.

You think "give us what we want first" then "we'll talk about giving you what you want" seems reasonable to you? Even Donald Trump isn't foolish enough to fall for that one, he'd be committing political suicide since his base would go ballistic.

He's either got to get something substantial that he can take back to his base so he can declare victory OR he has to hold out until the pain is so intense that he can be forgiven for capitulating and we're not there yet.
The pain is much worse for Democrats. Citizens still get their Social Security and Medicare. We don't care how long it takes.

Great. So the Dems aren't for open borders then?
YOU said that, not me.

The Democrats are for 'political theater'.

As pointed out, they were offered by the GOP everything they wanted with the Dream Act - no demand was denied them....they had won for the Latinos they claimed to have wanted to help...and then walked away from the table, screwing the Latinos like they screwed Bernie and his supporters in 2016.

Now the Democrats are saying:
Eliminate Ice
No money for the Border
We will continue to protect violent illegals / cop killers with Dem Sanctuary Cities
100% Commitment to continue to obstruct, resist - no giving Trump a 'win'

Let's review.
-Dems have passed border security bills in the past only to be ignored by Republicans.
- Trump pledges to build a "big, beautiful border wall" despite there being no popular support for it.
- Trump's own majority in congress was repeatedly unable to deliver any support for the wall.
House Republicans’ bad faith push to pass immigration reform is dead
- Dems win the House back and Pelosi is likely to be Speaker.
- Trump first agrees to sign a clean CR and the Congress obliges. Trump then refuses to sign it citing no wall funding.
- Trump makes a show of " negotiations" with the Dems where he states he "will be proud to take the blame for a shutdown"

- The House passes a new CR with funding but the Republican led Senate does not vote on the measure and the govt shuts down.
-The new congress is sworn in and the Dems offer to continue negotiations after govt reopened.
- Dems pass bills to reopen govt. No action taken yet by Republicans.

Problem with Fake Republicans (RINOS) is that they are Fake and only pretend to be Republican to get elected, just like Fake Conservative Democrats.

Forum List

Back