Republicans too busy redefining rape to worry about something as small as jobs

Then there are all the Republican rants that Obama isn't and hasn't done anything, then they turn around and take credit for what he's done. Get it? For what's HE'S done. Not what they've done, but what he's done.

What have they done? They control the House. What are the plans? What are they doing for America? How does apologizing to BP help?

Then there's that thing about "rape" which would exclude adult victims of incest, women who were raped while drugged or unconscious, and survivors of statutory rape. 70 percent of rapes wouldn't fall under the 'forcible' designation".

Now here is where it gets strange. Apparently the Republican leadership wants to "save the unborn", but cut insurance that would help them. Worse, you have someone like Andre Bauer saying, "Feed the poor and they'll breed". See, get them born, but once born, it's OK to starve them. Is that the message? Andre is NOT fringe. He is mainstream Republican. A LT. Gov who ran for Gov.

Is the GOP redefining rape?
A proposed new bill would bar federal funding for abortion except in cases of "forcible rape." What does that mean?

Is the GOP redefining rape? - The Week

This legislation would exclude adult victims of incest, women who were raped while drugged or unconscious, and survivors of statutory rape. In fact, "about 70 percent of rapes wouldn't fall under the 'forcible' designation," so there is no way to interpret this other than as a cruel attempt to deny victims care by denying that many of them were raped at all.
"John Boehner's push to redefine rape"

Republican abortion bill seeks to redefine rape

WASHINGTON - A Republican bill seeking to permanently cut off federal funding for abortions has angered women's groups that say it alters the definition of rape, permitting coverage for the procedure only in cases in which the rape is considered "forcible."

The bill, called the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortions Act, would make permanent several provisions that have been law for years but require annual renewal by Congress. It is a top priority of Republican leaders who took control of the House after the November elections.

JOBS JOBS JOBS!!!! Republicans SCREAMED leading up to the election.

What is Obama doing about "JOBS JOBS JOBS"???? Wildly waving hands as if wrists were broken while running in large circles.

So far, the Republican leadership has worked to keep millions from getting health care. They held the unemployed hostage as a bargaining chip to push through tax cuts for "millionaires and billionaires".

And now, they are redefining rape to end many women's protections against forced pregnancy.

THIS IS YOUR RIGHT WING LEADERSHIP!

Once again, I ask, "Whatever happened to JOBS JOBS JOBS????

Doesn't the right hold their leadership accountable? Or they just hate Obama so much, the right wing leadership knows they can violate average Americans in any way they want and have total immunity? Sure glad it isn't about race.

READ THE FUCKING LAW ASSWIPE.

The law does not redefine anything. All it does is prohibit federal funding of abortions except in cases of rape, incest, or sex with minors. The only people that could possibly have a problem with this is people who are hardcore pro abortion assholes who want to scare people about the intents of anti abortion Republicans and Democrats, something I pointed out in the last thread an idiot stated about this issue.

The bill, called the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortions Act, would make permanent several provisions that have been law for years but require annual renewal by Congress. It is a top priority of Republican leaders who took control of the House after the November elections.

First, your contention that anything being redefined is completely refuted by your own article. What is being proposed is simply making the status quo permanent rather than wasting time renewing it every year. So again, this is the status quo or, in rdeanese, nothing new. Failure.

Secondly, Republicans ran on creating jobs by reducing government spending and as an extension the deficit. Can you tell me what extending the current law which restricts using federal funds for abortions assures? It makes certain that additional federal monies, which we don't have much to spare, will not be wasted on something the federal government has no business spending money on in the first place. So Republicans passing a law to permanently restrict the ability of the government to spend more money is quite in line with their stated goals during the mid-terms. Again, failure.

First, your contention that anything being redefined is completely refuted by your own article. What is being proposed is simply making the status quo permanent rather than wasting time renewing it every year. So again, this is the status quo or, in rdeanese, nothing new. Failure.

Secondly, Republicans ran on creating jobs by reducing government spending and as an extension the deficit. Can you tell me what extending the current law which restricts using federal funds for abortions assures? It makes certain that additional federal monies, which we don't have much to spare, will not be wasted on something the federal government has no business spending money on in the first place. So Republicans passing a law to permanently restrict the ability of the government to spend more money is quite in line with their stated goals during the mid-terms. Again, failure.

Google

Follow the link. Rape is being "redefined" as "forcible". The question is "how much force makes it forcible?" Did she scream loud enough? Did she leave enough scratches?

What about "salutatory" rape? If only coercion was used, then the pre teen must be forced to carry to term.

You guys can't put lipstick on a pig. Republicans who support this should be ashamed to their bones. But they aren't. They hate Obama too much. They are blinded by the black guy in the WHITE House. Forget, "JOBS JOBS JOBS". The real agenda is to make America a Christian theocracy.

A proposed new bill would bar federal funding for abortion except in cases of "forcible rape." What does that mean?

This legislation would exclude adult victims of incest, women who were raped while drugged or unconscious, and survivors of statutory rape. In fact, "about 70 percent of rapes wouldn't fall under the 'forcible' designation," so there is no way to interpret this other than as a cruel attempt to deny victims care by denying that many of them were raped at all.

WASHINGTON - A Republican bill seeking to permanently cut off federal funding for abortions has angered women's groups that say it alters the definition of rape, permitting coverage for the procedure only in cases in which the rape is considered "forcible."

What is Obama doing about "JOBS JOBS JOBS"???? Wildly waving hands as if wrists were broken while running in large circles.

So far, the Republican leadership has worked to keep millions from getting health care. They held the unemployed hostage as a bargaining chip to push through tax cuts for "millionaires and billionaires".

And now, they are redefining rape to end many women's protections against forced pregnancy.

Doesn't the right hold their leadership accountable? Or they just hate Obama so much, the right wing leadership knows they can violate average Americans in any way they want and have total immunity? Sure glad it isn't about race.

The law does not redefine anything. All it does is prohibit federal funding of abortions except in cases of rape, incest, or sex with minors. The only people that could possibly have a problem with this is people who are hardcore pro abortion assholes who want to scare people about the intents of anti abortion Republicans and Democrats, something I pointed out in the last thread an idiot stated about this issue.

Check out section 309: (1) if the pregnancy occurred because the pregnant female was the subject of an act of forcible rape

Text of H.R. 3: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act

Read The Bill: H.R. 3 - GovTrack.us

Guess that makes you wrong. Who's the "asshole" now? Don't you feel bad for calling names?

Last edited by a moderator:
in only psycho rdean world can the legislature pursue only one item...you will notice though that while dems pursued many non job bills, he never once complained about that, despite the fact dems ran on a jobs based platform

its called intellectual dishonesty and the OP is false

Uh, hello.

Republicans are taking credit for jobs created by Democrats. Obviously Democrats were "doing something about it". Otherwise, Republicans wouldn't be able to "take credit".

Does everything have to be explained?

It's called "connect the dots".

Project-connect-the-dots-(2).jpg

link for that...

and you totally missed this:

you will notice though that while dems pursued many non job bills, he never once complained about that, despite the fact dems ran on a jobs based platform.

your hack theory is that the gop cannot create or spend time on any other bill because they ran on a jobs platform....yet...the dems also ran on a jobs platform and did not solely focus on jobs, and that was no problem for you.

do you need me to make it any more clear for you?

Ohh play the political tool game of "they are just as bad as we are" instead of working to make things better.

Check out section 309: (1) if the pregnancy occurred because the pregnant female was the subject of an act of forcible rape

Guess that makes you wrong. Who's the "asshole" now? Don't you feel bad for calling names?

Funny how you want me to read the link, and don't do it yourself.

The limitations established in sections 301, 302, 303, and 304 shall not apply to an abortion--
‘(1) if the pregnancy occurred because the pregnant female was the subject of an act of forcible rape or, if a minor, an act of incest; or

‘(2) in the case where the pregnant female suffers from a physical disorder, physical injury, or physical illness that would, as certified by a physician, place the pregnant female in danger of death unless an abortion is performed, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself.

Not that I am surprised, since you can't even read my post when I put it in big red letters. I didn't call you an asshole, I called you an asswipe, asswipe.

Ohh play the political tool game of "they are just as bad as we are" instead of working to make things better.

Ain't it the truth. Possibly because right wingers don't have ideas? I think it's goes against their indoctrination.

The limitations established in sections 301, 302, 303, and 304 shall not apply to an abortion--
‘(1) if the pregnancy occurred because the pregnant female was the subject of an act of forcible rape or, if a minor, an act of incest; or

‘(2) in the case where the pregnant female suffers from a physical disorder, physical injury, or physical illness that would, as certified by a physician, place the pregnant female in danger of death unless an abortion is performed, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself.

Not that I am surprised, since you can't even read my post when I put it in big red letters. I didn't call you an asshole, I called you an asswipe, asswipe.

You're the one that doesn't get it. (SIGH)

Say your 21 year old daughter is drunk, a man rapes her. She is not a minor, it's not an act of incest, she becomes pregnant, she should have the baby?

Now carry it farther. Suppose she is drugged and is raped. No force was involved.

Say the man said he would kill her if she didn't have sex with him.

Say the man threatened her baby if she didn't have sex.

Say the guy held a knife, but never made a threatening gesture.

Say the guy was huge and intimidated her.

You could go on and on and on without any actual force being applied.

And again you call me "asswipe"? You truly are fucking retarded. In fact, you make retarded look competent. What is wrong with you? Can't you think on your own? Seriously?

Say your 21 year old daughter is drunk, a man rapes her. She is not a minor, it's not an act of incest, she becomes pregnant, she should have the baby?

Now carry it farther. Suppose she is drugged and is raped. No force was involved.

And again you call me "asswipe"? You truly are fucking retarded. In fact, you make retarded look competent. What is wrong with you? Can't you think on your own? Seriously?

Say she was raped by a group of guys and she didn't struggle because they were holding knives. They just told her to "strip" and held out knives, but didn't threaten her. Of course, she was surrounded. What should she do?

What if she was with a friend and they raped and beat the shit out of her friend. Then they told her they "wanted some". They never said they were going to beat her to a pulp, like they did her friend who she had to watch. Should she have the baby?

How come no one is defending this?

He spent a trillion dollars to take the unemployment rate from 7.6% to 10%....... :lol:

There was a systemic fault in our economy, and it was hemorrhaging jobs and money at a disastrous rate, that, if unchecked would have continued to another Great Depression. That Trillion dollars he spent stopped that from happening and made it only a recession, but it couldn't prevent it completely. Jobs were still lost as a result of the economy failure, but that was not his fault. How can you even associate the money he spent to the unemployment rate? You have to be aware of the fact that the economic collapse caused the unemployment to rise, right? Why do republicans try so hard to blame Obama for everything, even when it defies reality in such an obvious manner if you just look at the facts? It's insulting to this country and to this president who has tried to fix this country's worst problems, with no appreciation for his effort, and instead unconditional hatred. It is a real slap in the face, and just because he doesn't do it how you see fit, he is still trying to do what is best for this country, in his view. Don't deny that. This is why republicans really piss me. I really believe that George Bush believed he was doing what he thought was best for this country, and for that, you can't be mad at him, even though I highly disagree with what he did. Cheney, that's a different story, I just don't think he gave a fuck about anyone but himself.

What an idiot. Even the most restrictive definition of forcible rape includes intimidation, and most definitions include using drugs. But that is actually irrelevant anyway because the law does not redefine rape. In order to do that it would have to actually spell out that redefinition. This is not happening anywhere, and, at the worst, you could claim that they are adding a modifier to the word. While that does change the meaning of a sentence, it does not change the meaning of a word in that sentence. If you were actually honest you would admit that you only have a problem with one word, and that that word that you are making a huge fuss about was actually dropped from the bill. I actually got that from your link in this post.

Google

Follow the link. Rape is being "redefined" as "forcible". The question is "how much force makes it forcible?" Did she scream loud enough? Did she leave enough scratches?

What about "salutatory" rape? If only coercion was used, then the pre teen must be forced to carry to term.

You guys can't put lipstick on a pig. Republicans who support this should be ashamed to their bones. But they aren't. They hate Obama too much. They are blinded by the black guy in the WHITE House. Forget, "JOBS JOBS JOBS". The real agenda is to make America a Christian theocracy.

You are right about one thing though, I shouldn't call you an asswipe, it is an insult to toilet paper.

Say she was raped by a group of guys and she didn't struggle because they were holding knives. They just told her to "strip" and held out knives, but didn't threaten her. Of course, she was surrounded. What should she do?

What if she was with a friend and they raped and beat the shit out of her friend. Then they told her they "wanted some". They never said they were going to beat her to a pulp, like they did her friend who she had to watch. Should she have the baby?

How come no one is defending this?

Defending what? Your stupidity? Could it be they are not defending it because they are not stupid?

Forum List

Back