Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Republicans on Sunday accused Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of lying by passing along an anonymous claim that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes for 10 years.

Republican Party chairman Reince Priebus called Reid a "dirty liar." Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said, "I think he's lying about his statement of knowing something about Romney" and he contended Reid was "making things up to divert the campaign away from the real issues."

Reid's spokesman, Adam Jentleson, contended that Republicans were trying to cover up for Romney and the aide repeated the Nevada senator's claims that the source about Romney's taxes is "credible." Other Democrats said Romney could clear up any confusion about his taxes by disclosing them to the public, and the issue was a main talking point on the Sunday news shows.

Reid said last week he had learned of the claim about Romney's taxes from an investor in Romney's former firm, Bain Capital. But the lawmaker hasn't offered any evidence to back it up and even has said he's not sure it's true.

Republicans slam Sen. Reid over Romney tax claim - Yahoo! News

The absurd part is that Reid is refusing to release his own taxes. Can only imagine what that piece of shit is hiding. He'd fuck his own mother for more power or money.

• Banned
By the way, my understanding is, had Reid made the comments in a public setting he could be liable of defamation, but since he made the comments on the Senate floor he is immune from any liability.
Is this true ?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Republicans on Sunday accused Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of lying by passing along an anonymous claim that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes for 10 years.

Republican Party chairman Reince Priebus called Reid a "dirty liar." Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said, "I think he's lying about his statement of knowing something about Romney" and he contended Reid was "making things up to divert the campaign away from the real issues."

Reid's spokesman, Adam Jentleson, contended that Republicans were trying to cover up for Romney and the aide repeated the Nevada senator's claims that the source about Romney's taxes is "credible." Other Democrats said Romney could clear up any confusion about his taxes by disclosing them to the public, and the issue was a main talking point on the Sunday news shows.

Reid said last week he had learned of the claim about Romney's taxes from an investor in Romney's former firm, Bain Capital. But the lawmaker hasn't offered any evidence to back it up and even has said he's not sure it's true.

Just orders from the white house.

Make no mistake this is the type of character democrats blindly support.

• Banned
I think the overall official plan from here until the election, is for an Obama surrogate every week or so to pull something out of their ass like this that lasts a week or two, to distract Americans away from Obama's terrible economy.
It's a game of just trying to sit on the ball and running the clock out.

mittromney.jpg

And the story gets more publicity....I'm pretty sure that the GOP is trying to sabotage Governor Romney by whooping it up a bit.

By the way, my understanding is, had Reid made the comments in a public setting he could be liable of defamation, but since he made the comments on the Senate floor he is immune from any liability.
Is this true ?

You cannot be convicted of defamation without proving such defamation occurred,

In order to do that Romney would have to release his taxes.

Damn!

When are they going to step up and prove that Reid s a dirty liar?

All they got to do is release Romneys returns

Is this true ?

Damn!

No he doesnt.... Simply letting a judge have a look...leaves you butt hurt.

When are they going to step up and prove that Reid s a dirty liar?

All they got to do is release Romneys returns

When are you going to step up edited by mod?

No Family

The release of the tax returns will shut Reid up.

When can we expect that?

Directly after the release of Obama's

Occidental College records
Columbia College records
Columbia Thesis paper
Harvard College records
Selective Service Registration
medical records
Illinois State Senate records
Illinois State Senate schedule
Law practice client list
A Certified Copy of original Birth certificate
embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth
Harvard Law Review articles that were published
University of Chicago scholarly articles
Record of baptism

Is this true ?

Damn!

Article I, Section 6 of the Constitution provides senators and representatives the privilege of immunity, or freedom from arrest. This does not mean that members of Congress may commit crimes with impunity. It does mean, however, that senators and representatives have absolute freedom of speech while conducting congressional business. Members of Congress cannot be sued for libel or slander regarding any statements made on the floor of the House or Senate or in official reports.

Read more: What Are Some Privileges Given to Members of Congress? | eHow.com What Are Some Privileges Given to Members of Congress? | eHow.com

Say it ain't so..

I'd love to see that smug asshole, Reince Preibus (who's got some nerve questioning other people's integrity after his own whoppers), call Reid a "dirty liar" to his face.

He might find out that's a bad idea with an ex-boxer.

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back