Republicans Seek To Cut 1.3 Million Vets

Sure....but FYI, I have current experience longer than you and my dad did 22 years from Vietnam to the Cold War end, so I know a bit more about the subject than you.

Hell, algore probably thinks he knows about the US military too based on his Army stint in "Nam" as a reporter.

Contractors many times are more experienced and stay in their position for a long time to provide continuity while less experienced military change jobs every 3 years....but you wouldn't know that with zero time in the military.

Contractors most times are retired military, so they've been there and done that to give support to current troops.

How about cutting the contractors? The GI's do it for less.

Just to show you do not know what you are talking about I am a vet with combat experience.
I was drafted into Nam.

Dumbass....the Department of Education, not education in general.

The states should just deal with their own education systems, not some Federal idiots trying to preach down to the states on education policies.

It's clear education wasn't in your past.

Education, regardless of whether it's the Dept. of Ed or through any number of other means in the budget, is NOT a Federal power. Therefore no Federal monies should be spent on it.

I got more of an education than most kids nowadays could ever hope for. Not only in school, but from the two parents at home who were both teachers themselves. In fact the education at home was in many ways far superior to what I got through the state.
And where did your parents get their education and teach?

Yup. My shop, authorized 12 bodies and filled to 8, got down to three people when Clinton was done cutting the payroll. Me, an E-4; an E-3; and the E-7 shop supervisor. We had to have one of us Airmen out at the bomb range a week at a time keeping the power plant running, aircraft arresting gear checks on the runway every day including weekends, plus inspections and run-ups on all the base's generators and fire pumps.

I worked 39 days in a row, 10 hour days, no time off, before we finally got another troop in.

Thank you, President Clinton, for supporting our mission. :cool:

Carter era - drug use rampant. Every criminal in the U.S. serving in the military. Pay - all time low. Housing - below-poverty quality. Pay - ditto. Ship's rotting at the pier. Military, second class citizens.

I lived it folks. I am not making this up.

Don't get me started on the Clinton legacy. He dismantled the greatest military the U.S. ever had under Bush 1/Reagan.

Fact - Dems cut Dept. of Defense, consistently. It's in their blood.

Pump that money into a failed education system/food stamps is their motive.

Many, many military families are on food stamps. And Bush I started the military cuts.

That's a response, how?

Carter era - drug use rampant. Every criminal in the U.S. serving in the military. Pay - all time low. Housing - below-poverty quality. Pay - ditto. Ship's rotting at the pier. Military, second class citizens.

Don't get me started on the Clinton legacy. He dismantled the greatest military the U.S. ever had under Bush 1/Reagan.

Many, many military families are on food stamps. And Bush I started the military cuts.

That's a response, how?

The references of poverty military pay under dems and the reference of dems wanting to route money to food stamps.
Just seems a bit contradictory and confused to me. A bit idealistic and lacking in reality.

Actually CONGRESS made the cuts, since they control how many troops will be on the books and paid, not the POTUS. CONGRESS was controlled by Democrats for decades before it fell to Republicans under Clinton.

The "Peace Dividend" was used by Democrats after the Cold War ended, quit spending money on tanks and more on food stamps.

We see it again with the war in Iraq winding down, UBL's death and Afghanistan coming to an end in a couple years. "Bring home the troops" is the war cry from the left yet again, even if the mission isn't done in the CENTCOM and AFRICOM AORs.

Let's not forget about the China threat in PACOM....

Yup. My shop, authorized 12 bodies and filled to 8, got down to three people when Clinton was done cutting the payroll. Me, an E-4; an E-3; and the E-7 shop supervisor. We had to have one of us Airmen out at the bomb range a week at a time keeping the power plant running, aircraft arresting gear checks on the runway every day including weekends, plus inspections and run-ups on all the base's generators and fire pumps.

I worked 39 days in a row, 10 hour days, no time off, before we finally got another troop in.

And where did your parents get their education and teach?

My mother's degree is from Concordia College in Seward, Nebraska. It's a school run by the church body that my family belongs to. She taught primary ed for four years before marrying my father, and then did substitute teaching in the local public school system for a number of years after my brothers and I were older.

My father's degree is from Central Connecticut State University. He taught Industrial Arts on the middle school and high school level for eight and a half years in the late 70's and early 80's. He got out of the business because he was unhappy with the way the IA curriculum was being run and the lack of discipline in the school system in general.

That's a response, how?

The references of poverty military pay under dems and the reference of dems wanting to route money to food stamps.
Just seems a bit contradictory and confused to me. A bit idealistic and lacking in reality.

That's a non response. You are simply tossing a word salad of military cuts, low pay, Bush together and hoping something will stick.
Fail.

The first thing Democrats do - historically - is cut Dept. of Defense.

It's a fact that can't be disputed.

See Carter, Clinton for starters.

That's because the military is a small population, and overwhelmingly and consistently votes Republican.

So they don't give a shit about us. No point in buying our votes.

That's because the military is a small population, and overwhelmingly and consistently votes Republican.

So Bush didn't attempt to cut combat pay or survivor benefits during the Iraq War?

Plasmaball gives me a "Neg" rep for this post and comments, "RETARD." ??

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3744743-post42.html

My DOJ friend isn't patriotic enough for you? THREE (3!!!) fucking years in A-Stan isn't good enough for you? Away from his beautiful wife and family???

Wow...

I am speaking fact, not arm-chair fantasy, son.

Why don't you grow the fuck up?

Last edited:

So Bush didn't attempt to cut combat pay or survivor benefits during the Iraq War?
Do you have anything credible that says he did?

Do you have anything credible that says he did?

Bush plan would cut $255 Social Security death payment | The San Diego Union-Tribune

Troops in Iraq face pay cut / Pentagon says tough duty bonuses are budget-buster

here you go

Whoops!!
Pentagon reverses course, won't cut troops' pay

Looks that lie didnt wash. Do you have any more lies you can spin as truth?

First Rift I remember was under Carter.

So, they didn't intend to cut the pay? Public outrage always changes those cuts.

Are you disputing that they attempted to cu the pay?

First Rift I remember was under Carter.

And every president since has had one, correct?

So, they didn't intend to cut the pay? Public outrage always changes those cuts.

Are you disputing that they attempted to cu the pay?

Do you see anywhere where Bush proposed it?
You are a dishonest disputant and liar of monumental proportions. Not even worth responding to.

As someone that has been around the military my entire life....I call bullshit whenever some lib claims to support the Vets and current military more than conservatives. This article is probably half-truths and spin to make up bullshit over the issue.

When it gets down to it, Democrats have been cutting up the DoD budget the past few years even now threatening to cut our DoD budget to around 2% of GDP when our enemies like China are growing their military.

The libs here telling their side of the story are full of shit, they are the old pervert trying to lure the kid into their apartment with a toy.....
I call BULLSHIT!

Here you are calling the disabled veterans who wrote the article dishonest, while pretending to support the military. And calling these disabled veterans "Libs" who "are full of shit" even though CON$ always claim that the military is CON$ervative.

Forum List

Back