Republicans Seek To Cut 1.3 Million Vets

Dumbass....the Department of Education, not education in general.

The states should just deal with their own education systems, not some Federal idiots trying to preach down to the states on education policies.

It's clear education wasn't in your past.

I've got a brilliant idea..... How about we put all that money back in the VA budget by taking it out of places it REALLY shouldn't be.....

HUD, Education, Welfare, Social Security, Foreign Aid, Domestic Disaster Aid, etc....

Yea, get rid of education. That's a really good idea. Very Republican.

The people "standing up" for vets now (on the left), last I remember they were spitting on vets returning home from war, protesting "illegal" wars, calling us babykillers, telling us and dogs to keep off the grass, etc.

Now they love/care for our well being based on this stupid OP?

What happened?
They don't care about veterans. They're just using us as a weapon to score political points.

And this is different from the right in what way?

At least the left is a bit less hypocritical about it.
Helping those who need help, be they a vet or not.

Last edited:
Just to bring everyone up-to-speed on the OP of this thread, The Congressional Budget Office's "Budget Options, Volume 1, Health Care" that contains this "Option 35" was released in December 2008. Who was running Congress then?

Thanks.

Contractors many times are more experienced and stay in their position for a long time to provide continuity while less experienced military change jobs every 3 years....but you wouldn't know that with zero time in the military.

Contractors most times are retired military, so they've been there and done that to give support to current troops.

I've got a brilliant idea..... How about we put all that money back in the VA budget by taking it out of places it REALLY shouldn't be.....

HUD, Education, Welfare, Social Security, Foreign Aid, Domestic Disaster Aid, etc....

Better yet, how about we just cut oil subsidies. That should just about do it eh?

How about cutting the contractors? The GI's do it for less.

Just to bring everyone up-to-speed on the OP of this thread, The Congressional Budget Office's "Budget Options, Volume 1, Health Care" that contains this "Option 35" was released in December 2008. Who was running Congress then?

Thanks.

Please don't confuse them by injecting reality into the discussion.

The people "standing up" for vets now (on the left), last I remember they were spitting on vets returning home from war, protesting "illegal" wars, calling us babykillers, telling us and dogs to keep off the grass, etc.

What happened?
They don't care about veterans. They're just using us as a weapon to score political points.

The first thing Democrats do - historically - is cut Dept. of Defense.

It's a fact that can't be disputed.

See Carter, Clinton for starters.

Yup. My shop, authorized 12 bodies and filled to 8, got down to three people when Clinton was done cutting the payroll. Me, an E-4; an E-3; and the E-7 shop supervisor. We had to have one of us Airmen out at the bomb range a week at a time keeping the power plant running, aircraft arresting gear checks on the runway every day including weekends, plus inspections and run-ups on all the base's generators and fire pumps.

I worked 39 days in a row, 10 hour days, no time off, before we finally got another troop in.

Thank you, President Clinton, for supporting our mission. :cool:

What happened?

No, you don't. You give lip service to helping people. What you're actually doing is buying votes with taxpayer dollars.

No, you don't. You give lip service to helping people. What you're actually doing is buying votes with taxpayer dollars.

They're just political activists parroting the ideas they have heard, reciting their memorized lines in order to seem intellectual. It is that simple.

The economy also went down the tubes when libs took over Congress in Bush's last few years....but that fact is ignored.

It is all Bush's fault, not Reid and Pelosi.

Thanks.

They're just political activists parroting the ideas they have heard, reciting their memorized lines in order to seem intellectual. It is that simple.
Oh, no! They're all intellectual, independent thinkers...that just happen to have all the exact same opinions.

indeed, along with every other program and agency in government.
Unlike you i dont have a sacred cow. You can cut defense by stopping new programs, Removing us from bases abroad, and not even having to touch VA funding period.

uh oh i just made you look like an ignorant fuckwad again.

No, you made yourself look like a raging hypocrite ignoramus. Again.

no i didnt you fucking dipshit. This is has been my opinion all a long. You need to cut spending across the board,raise taxes and close loopholes for corporations.

We need to cut back of Foreign aid and close down some of our international bases. Pull back our troops from Iraq and Afghan and save money. We need to reform Medicare/Medicaid so it stops bleeding money.

If we invested in actually spending our money of fixing our nations infrastructure, we would create a but load of jobs and pull down the UE.

Cutting out VA funding for vets is not something we need to cut. The only thing that hypocritical is you and the rights flag waving calling everyone but them anti patriotic stance on our military vets.

Today just isnt your day is it afterbirth?

OK. So you're in favor of cutting spending across the board except for VA.
Yeah that makes sense. Not.
Does it hurt to be this dissonant?

Yup. My shop, authorized 12 bodies and filled to 8, got down to three people when Clinton was done cutting the payroll. Me, an E-4; an E-3; and the E-7 shop supervisor. We had to have one of us Airmen out at the bomb range a week at a time keeping the power plant running, aircraft arresting gear checks on the runway every day including weekends, plus inspections and run-ups on all the base's generators and fire pumps.

I worked 39 days in a row, 10 hour days, no time off, before we finally got another troop in.

Carter era - drug use rampant. Every criminal in the U.S. serving in the military. Pay - all time low. Housing - below-poverty quality. Pay - ditto. Ship's rotting at the pier. Military, second class citizens.

I lived it folks. I am not making this up.

Don't get me started on the Clinton legacy. He dismantled the greatest military the U.S. ever had under Bush 1/Reagan.

Fact - Dems cut Dept. of Defense, consistently. It's in their blood.

Pump that money into a failed education system/food stamps is their motive.

Contractors many times are more experienced and stay in their position for a long time to provide continuity while less experienced military change jobs every 3 years....but you wouldn't know that with zero time in the military.

Contractors most times are retired military, so they've been there and done that to give support to current troops.

Better yet, how about we just cut oil subsidies. That should just about do it eh?

Just to show you do not know what you are talking about I am a vet with combat experience.
I was drafted into Nam.

Carter era - drug use rampant. Every criminal in the U.S. serving in the military. Pay - all time low. Housing - below-poverty quality. Pay - ditto. Ship's rotting at the pier. Military, second class citizens.

I lived it folks. I am not making this up.

Don't get me started on the Clinton legacy. He dismantled the greatest military the U.S. ever had under Bush 1/Reagan.

Fact - Dems cut Dept. of Defense, consistently. It's in their blood.

Pump that money into a failed education system/food stamps is their motive.

Many, many military families are on food stamps. And Bush I started the military cuts.

Just to show you do not know what you are talking about I am a vet with combat experience.
I was drafted into Nam.

We're you drafted into the Army, then got an assignment in Vietnam?
That's usually the way it works.
One isn't "drafted into Nam."

Oh, no! They're all intellectual, independent thinkers...that just happen to have all the exact same opinions.

Yeah, funny how that works.

Yea, get rid of education. That's a really good idea. Very Republican.

Please show me any referece to Education in the enumerated powers of Article I, Section 8 of the US Constitution. Then again, don't bother IT ISN'T THERE. Therefore, based on that and the Tenth Amendment to that same document, Education is NOT a power of the Federal Government. Period. Full Stop. End of Discussion.

It's potentially a State power, but more likely in most places it falls to the Local Governments, if they choose to take it on.

I was drafted into Nam.

We're you drafted into the Army, then got an assignment in Vietnam?
That's usually the way it works.
One isn't "drafted into Nam."

I just gave the short version of it.
I went thru boot and straight to nam, seemed I was drafted into Nam to me.

Department of Education need to be eliminated and senior leadership of UFT should be arrested as subversives and domestic terrorists and shipped to Gitmo.

Dumbass....the Department of Education, not education in general.

The states should just deal with their own education systems, not some Federal idiots trying to preach down to the states on education policies.

It's clear education wasn't in your past.

Education, regardless of whether it's the Dept. of Ed or through any number of other means in the budget, is NOT a Federal power. Therefore no Federal monies should be spent on it.

I got more of an education than most kids nowadays could ever hope for. Not only in school, but from the two parents at home who were both teachers themselves. In fact the education at home was in many ways far superior to what I got through the state.

Forum List

Back